Mccollum coat of arms
Crusader Kings 3 Heraldry
2022.02.06 02:26 Shants23 Crusader Kings 3 Heraldry
A place to share templates, ideas, and all things medieval heraldry for the Coat of Arms Designer tool in Crusader Kings 3.
2013.04.17 18:41 TheMightyPepper A Sub to Discuss and Share Coat of Arms
A sub to display and discuss anything related to Coat of Arms. From their origins in the twelfth century to the present day, arms have been borne by individuals, and by corporate bodies, as marks of identification. They have also been used to denote other characteristics, which have changed over the centuries as society and culture have evolved.
2013.07.09 10:20 leoasdf Emblems
A place for posting, discovering and creating anything from national emblems and military insignias to your own personal seals and heraldic badges!
2023.03.21 21:20 c0nfusedchickenowner Lost 2 chicks
I hatched 4 chicks from the egg and I just lost two of them today because of my dog. Came home to see one dead on the floor and I held another one in my arms as it died and even then, I feel like another is dying slowly. I don't know what hurts more. The chicks dying or my dog being the one to kill the chicks, the dog I love so much. I don't know how to stop aching and I feel so hurt because these chickens have my heart and I love all of them and will forever love all of them. I just don't know how to feel except hurt and I'm finding it hard to recover. Do I get more chicks? Hatch more from the egg? I genuinely don't know anymore. This is the first time I've cried since my dog died, pets have my heart forever. I just need ways to cope.
submitted by c0nfusedchickenowner
to chickens [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 21:19 Acheron98 ELI5 Why are so many Indian people deformed?
I’ve seen an absurd amount of instances of Indian children being born with 4 arms, 3 legs, extreme facial deformities, etc.
Is the prominence of birth defects simply due to the sheer volume of people living in India, or is there another cause?
submitted by Acheron98
to explainlikeimfive [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 21:18 amanitavirosa247 Prolifers full of their usual sympathy for a couple whose wanted baby has a malformation not compatible with life
2023.03.21 21:16 No_Cartographer1366 My friend cheated on his longterm gf and I am afraid of getting into a relationship.
So there’s this guy (let’s call him Jay) whom I have known for years and his girlfriend as well(let’s call her Lily). They have been dating for more than 5 -6yrs. We are not very close but just friends. Jay and I worked in the same place. And we lived next door. Jay and Lily lived together but after graduation Lily had to go back to her country. Both of them are from same country. After Lily left, I saw another girl (Anna) in Jay’’s room. Since he had left his door open and I saw her while passing by the corridor. At first I thought maybe it was his friend. But Anna would spend like every 3-4 days/nights at his place. It was so awkward like he would still talk with Lily on the phone during this whole time when Jay and Anna are spending nights/days together behind Lily’s back. From my room I can see streets and I have seen them holding hands and sometimes Anna would put both her hands on his arm while walking. One fine day I caught them red handed. I was going home after running errands and saw both of them were walking toward me and as soon as Jay saw me, he removed Anna’s hand from his arm. I felt so awkward and just blabbered where he was headed to and then he replied grocery. I hurried back to my room feeling astonished. After that event I thought he would either stop bringing Anna or start being cautious that I would tell on him to Lily. But nope, it continued for 9-10 months while still talking with Lily (loudspeaker) and having normal conversations (saying he misses her, telling her to study, eat well bla bla bla bleeh…) smh. Seriously I don't want to be nosy but Jay acts like a gentleman. I have gone out with him (work related) and did some shopping along the way. He would open the car door for u and carry ur bag (not shopping bag but hand bag as well). We had a conversation about marriage and I told him I don't like to do it unless I find someone who is compatible with me. He said Benty (friend of ours) was saying the same as me. Then Jay proceeded saying it’s very hard to find good humans nowadays (his exact word humans not even person) bla bla bla.. And I was contemplating his girlfriend Lily was lucky to find someone very thoughtful and considerate like him (ps he is not my type tho) but dang who would have known he would be like this. After that me and my single ass don't even want to consider dating. I am scared of something shit like this might happen especially in ldr. Like u guys have normal and healthy relationships but ur partner is cheating behind ur back. The world is scaryyyy. I have come to realize staying single is the best way to protect your heart, prevent headaches and expenses.Ps i haven't told lily about Jay. I had the urge to tell her the moment I caught them red handed but we are not even that close to spill his betrayal. And even if I spill it won't be one message at a time, it would be back and forth and I just don't have time and energy..
Tldr : my friend cheated on his gf after she went back to her country. He would spend nights and days with another girl while still staying in a relationship with his gf and saying he misses her and to take care of her. I know about his betrayal but didn't tell her. We are not that close and I am busy with my work and study. And I don't want my energy and time to be consumed by it. After contemplating i came to realize staying single is the best way to avoid betrayals, heartaches, headaches, expenses n so on...
submitted by No_Cartographer1366
to relationships [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 21:16 -Morel Breed Recommendations: First time owners
Hi, I've been reading tons of these threads and you guys have been super helpful when thinking about what breeds would be right for us. We are probably about 6 months to a year away from seriously looking at the available dogs in the area, so I've been doing breed research - figured I would post my exact answers to confirm or deny the breeds I had in mind. SO and I are in our mid-20s and will be in apartments for the forseeable future (thanks housing markets!). Here are my answers to the questionnaire:
1) Will this be your first dog? If not, what experience do you have owning/training dogs?
I have had dogs growing up, and am generally pretty good with handling them and understanding their cues - but my SO has not, so I am mostly considering breeds that are better for first-time owners.
2) Do you have a preference for rescuing a dog vs. going through a reputable breeder?
I am somewhat mixed on this. Both have unique challenges. I like the idea of a rescue, but will need to keep reading about this.
3) Describe your ideal dog.
Good companion dog, medium energy, super friendly, basically the temperament Goldens have, but maybe in a medium sized dog. Emotionally supportive would be great especially, as my SO is a very emotional person. Something with soft fur would be great for the same reason!
4) What breeds or types of dogs are you interested in and why?
Personally, I just love the look of Spitz breeds. Samoyeds, Shibas, Schipperkes, Keeshonds - just adorable dogs. But I understand that there are various reasons certain spitzes are either not great for new owners or are fairly rare dogs to come across that would require traveling or going through a breeder with a waitlist. Hence my research has shown me a lot of dogs that are more accessible and suited for first time owners, namely goldens, labs, and greyhounds.
5) What sorts of things would you like to train your dog to do?
Nothing showy, just enough to behave on walks/at the park.
6) Do you want to compete with your dog in a sport (e.g. agility, obedience, rally) or use your dog for a form of work (e.g. hunting, herding, livestock guarding)? If so, how much experience do you have with this work/sport?
No, just a companion dog.
7) How long do you want to devote to training, playing with, or otherwise interacting with your dog each day?
We both work full time, thankfully I am remote so I can pretty much hang out with the dog all day.
8) How long can you exercise your dog each day, on average? What sorts of exercise are you planning to give your dog regularly and does that include using a dog park?
I am remote and flexible, so I can do a 30m-1h walk in the morning and another after work or even during the day. I have heard that dog parks can mess with a dog's socialization so I'll need to keep reading about this. I understand that high energy working dogs, while adorable, are not suitable for new owners so I've been ruling out Aussies, Huskies, and Border Collies.
9) How much regular brushing are you willing to do? Are you open to trimming hair, cleaning ears, or doing other grooming at home? If not, would you be willing to pay a professional to do it regularly?
I don't mind regularly brushing a dog to control shedding. I would prefer to do trimming at home, but I'm not fully against paying for a groomer if the breed is better in the hands of a professional.
10) What size dog are you looking for?
So, I have only had large dogs and am looking at something more on the medium-smaller size. I've never had a small dog, so I can't rule them out, but to me a dog around the size of an Aussie is good. My SO is pretty light, so a dog that couldn't drag them but is large enough for them to walk alone and feel safe would be perfect.
11) How much shedding, barking, and slobber can you handle?
I don't mind regularly brushing a dog to control shedding. Excessive barking in the breed would be a problem since we are in apartments, so we'd need to train this away if it's an issue. Same with slobber, "reasonable" is fine.
12) How important is being able to let your dog off-leash in an unfenced area?
Not important. If I'm on a hike I'd rather keep a dog on a leash to be considerate of other hikers.
Dog Personality and Behavior
13) Do you want a snuggly dog or one that prefers some personal space?
Snuggly dog! Velcro OK. Part of the reason a medium-sized dog would be great would be to allow it to sit on our laps when we watch movies. A teddy bear dog.
14) Would you prefer a dog that wants to do its own thing or one that’s more eager-to-please?
Leaning eager to please?
15) How would you prefer your dog to respond to someone knocking on the door or entering your yard? How would you prefer your dog to greet strangers or visitors?
We are new to our city and live in apartments for the foreseeable future and plan to meet new people here. Ideally the dog would be friendly to strangers, but "guarded" is okay - just not outright aggressive or nonstop barking around strangers.
16) Are you willing to manage a dog that is aggressive to other dogs?
Willing to try and train this away and finally keep it away from other dogs if need be, yes.
17) Are there any other behaviors you can’t deal with or want to avoid?
Really just aggressive behavior that can't be trained away. This accounts for some hesitancy when we look at rescues.
18) How often and how long will the dog be left alone?
While SO and I are remote at the moment, that could obviously change. I would prefer a breed that could be left alone during the workday without tearing up the apartment, if needed.
19) What are the dog-related preferences of other people in the house and what will be their involvement in caring for the dog?
SO is new to dogs, but they will be involved. It's just the two of us.
20) Do you have other pets or are you planning on having other pets? What breed or type of animal are they?
No other pets. I suppose years down the line when we're in more suitable housing we'd want a second dog.
21) Will the dog be interacting with children regularly?
22) Do you rent or plan to rent in the future? If applicable, what breed or weight restrictions are on your current lease?
Yes, we rent. Apartments here have various rules against pits, dobermans, rotties, GSDs, Malinois. My last dog was a lovely pit/GSD mix that never bit anybody but I'm fully conscious of why apartments often don't allow them. I'm unaware of weight restrictions but am mostly looking at medium breeds anyway.
23) What city or country do you live in and are you aware of any laws banning certain breeds?
Seattle, Washington. Not aware of laws, but will hold to the above apartment banned breeds.
24) What is the average temperature of a typical summer and winter day where you live?
It rains a lot here and spans 35-80 degrees throughout the year with a week or two of snow in the winter. A dog that doesn't mind the rain would be ideal. I understand that short-coat breeds would need winter gear.
Additional Information and Questions
25) Please provide any additional information you feel may be relevant.
Thanks for reading!
26) Feel free to ask any questions below.
submitted by -Morel
to dogs [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 21:15 zxrooo URGENT: Creaking / squeaking coming from rear of car
So, $900 later, I'm still right where I started.
I've replaced my rear rotors, rear pads, and rear calipers, all for this sound to persist: https://youtube.com/shorts/_ArxIG70W64?feature=share
I brought it into a shop after the rotors and pads were done by me, and they confirmed calipers were sticking... so they replaced them.
The shop gave it back saying there was no sound, but there is. I call them 20 seconds down the road, they aren't sure why it's still there, I drive on it for an hour, same sound, I call again and now their tech apparently heard something from the front, after replacing calipers.
So I took this video. Clearly coming from the rear. All brake components are clearly fresh. Calipers, rotors, and pads. Any ideas as to this? I have to drive the car two hours away tomorrow.. so I'm putting it up now to see if there's anything I can look for based on ideas given to me here. My current points of inspection are now are axels, something with diff, anything with drivetrain etc...
Please let me know if anyone has even the slightest inclination. I just want the problem gone. That's why I paid them an arm and a leg to deal with it, instead of doing it myself... and yet, now here I am. This is why I never go to shops. Lol.
Thanks for ANY help in advance.
submitted by zxrooo
to BMW [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 21:15 Yusuf9867 The Persians civ concept
| || | submitted by Yusuf9867 to aoe4 [link] [comments]
Hi there. So, in this topic, I’m discussing the Persians as a proposed future civilization to be added in the future. Anyways, here’s some proposed flags:
The proposed flag of the Persians
The Persians are a civilization, representing the namesake civilization within modern-day Iran. In the late antiquity to the early middle ages, the Sasanian Empire ruled over Persia and other areas influenced by the Persians. However, after the Islamic conquest of Persia, the Sasanian Empire would ultimately collapse and be replaced by various medieval dynasties of Persia and the indigenous religion, Zoroastrianism would be severely declined due to the majority populus becoming Muslim after the conquest.
- Year span: 498-1599 CE
- Civilization type: Culture, Trade, Dynasties
- Difficulty: 3/3
- Villagers cost -40% food and have +1 melee armor point but have 25% slower workrate.
- Early Lancer available in the Feudal Age.
- Landmarks can garrison villagers with each garrison villager increasing the HP of the Landmark by 2% but if the Landmark is below it’s original HP and the villagers are no longer garrisoned, the Landmark stays with 1 HP.
Town Centers and Caravanserais let nearby houses generate gold. How the Dynasty system works:
If a Dynasty is unlocked, houses that are within the influence generate gold slightly faster for each Dynasty unlocked. Some Dynasties will also unlock certain units and techs. These are following Dynasties that can be unlocked:
- Qarinvand Dynasty (Choice 1 available in the Dark Age and requires 2 Dark Age buildings to get access)
- Bavandid Dynasty (Choice 2 available in the Dark Age and requires 3 Dark Age buildings to get access)
- Baduspanids (Choice 1 available in the Feudal Age and requires 2 Feudal Age buildings to get access)
- Samanid Dynasty (Choice 2 available in the Feudal Age and requires 3 Feudal Age buildings to get access)
- Buyid Dynasty (Choice 1 available in the Castle Age and requires 1 Castle Age building to get access)
- Khwarazmian Dynasty (Choice 2 available in the Castle Age and requires 2 Castle Age buildings to get access)
- Kar-Kiya Dynasty (Choice 1 available in the Imperial Age and requires 3 Castle Age buildings)
- Safavid Empire (Choice 2 available in the Imperial Age and requires the Madrasa)
- Dailamite Warrior - Medium melee infantry unit that is armed with a battle axe and javelin and can form a wall with their shield if Dailamite Formation is researched. Strong against other infantry units but weak against cavalry. Available at the Barracks starting in the Feudal Age.
- Dehqan - Economic unit that collects tax from Mills and can help nearby villagers carry +5 of each resource. Available at the Town Center starting in the Dark Age.
- Ispahbed - Medium melee cavalry unit that has an attack good against ranged infantry and light cavalry but weak against heavy cavalry and the Spearman. Available at the Stable starting in the Feudal Age and can be unlocked with the Bavandid Dynasty.
- Sardar - Cavalry leader that has the ability to have nearby military units attack 50% faster for 10 seconds. Available at the Keep if either of the two Imperial Age dynasty options are unlocked.
- Qurchi - Heavy melee infantry unit that can take out light infantry unit while they hardly can take out other heavy melee infantry unit. Available at the Barracks if the Safavid Dynasty is unlocked.
- Zamburak - Unit that’s very similar to the Abbasid Camel Archer except that it wields the arquebus instead of the bow and arrow and as well as costs gold of the same amount (60) instead of wood. Available at the Archery Range if the Safavid Dynasty is unlocked.
- Agiary - Religious building that can inspire nearby units with slightly faster gathering rate (villagers) and 15% faster attack rate (military units). Relics can be placed into this building. Can be constructed in the Dark Age.
- Caravanserai - Economic building that let’s passing traders receive a speed boost while also dropping off +25 of a resource you designate the Caravanserai to generate. Can be constructed in the Dark Age.
- Qanats - Docks are capable of storing stone. Available at the Dock starting in the Dark Age.
- Defense Lines - Walls are constructed 80% faster. Available at the Rayen Castle starting in the Feudal Age.
- Dailamite Formation - Dailamite Warriors are given the ability to form a wall with their shield. Available at the Rayen Castle starting in the Feudal Age.
- Dah-Bashi - First military building spawns 10 random military units. Available at the Rayen Castle starting in the Castle Age if either of the Castle Age dynasties are unlocked.
- Kamandaran - Archers are 15% cheaper. Available at the Archery Range starting in the Feudal Age.
- Pearls of the Persian Gulf - Fishing boats get extra gold every time they return with fishes, which is equal at 20% of the resources deposited. Available at the Dock starting in the Feudal Age.
- Khorasan Road - Traders are 50% cheaper to create. Available at the Caravanserai starting in the Castle Age.
- Mahouts - Elephant units move 25% faster. Available at the Blacksmith starting in the Castle Age.
- Mounted Lookouts - All cavalry units (including Elephants) gain +2 LOS. Available at the Stable starting in the Castle Age.
- Mysticism - Religious units slowly regenerate hitpoints. Available at the Mosque starting in the Castle Age.
- Higher Education - Madrasas become affected by the influence. Available at the Caravanserai starting in the Imperial Age.
- Achaemenid Legacy - Wood and Gold can be stored at Madrasas. Available at the Town Center starting in the Imperial Age.
- Clibanarii Fortitude - Cavalry have +2 melee armor and +2 ranged armor. Available at the Stable starting in the Imperial Age.
- Sasanian Preservation - Relics can be stored into Landmarks while relics stored in Agiaries and Mosques generate 50% faster. Available at the Madrasa.
- Cultural Orientation - Town Centers and Caravanserais have +3 Influence range. Available at the Madrasa.
- Persian Recruitment - Persian unique units (excluding the Dehqan) are created 50% faster. Available at the Blacksmith starting in the Imperial Age.
- Enhanced Weaponry - All existing non-gunpowder ranged infantry become Hand Cannoneers and gunpowder units are created 25% faster. Available at the Blacksmith starting in the Imperial Age if the Safavid Dynasty is unlocked.
- Bam Citadel - Landmark that acts as a Market and allows the Caravanserai to exchange the drop-off resources for a different kind of resource. Based on the Arg-e Bam.
- Rayen Castle - Landmark that acts as a Blacksmith and houses the Defense Lines technology, the Dailamite Formation technology, and the Dah-Bashi technology. It also increases the production of nearby military buildings by 15%. Based on the building of the same name.
- Network Temple - Landmark that acts as an Agiary. Let’s nearby religious buildings auto repair and heals a maximum of 5 nearby units almost instantly. Based on the Tappe Mil.
- Equestrian Necropolis - Landmark that can auto train horse units but at a slower training time. The units being the Horseman, Lancer, and Horse Archer and if the Bavandid Dynasty is unlocked, the Ispahbed also becomes trainable. Based on the Naqsh-e Rostam.
- Qabus Tower - Landmark that adds 100 gold in possession every 10 minutes and houses certain unique technologies that are 50% cheaper but have 50% slower research rate. Based on the tower in Gonbad-e Qabus.
- Ardashir Palace - Landmark that acts as a Town Center and Caravanserai. Villagers are created 150% faster. Based on the building of the same name.
Shapur Khast Units that are expected to become shared units:
New shared unit expected to come into existance:
- Horse Archer - Ranged cavalry that is to become shared among civilizations that historically used them.
- War Elephant - Melee cavalry that is to become shared among civilizations that historically used them.
- Camel Rider - Melee cavalry that is to become shared among civilizations that historically used them.
- Elephant Archer - Ranged cavalry unit where the archer is atop of the elephant and is available to civilizations that historically used military elephants. Delhi Sultanate uses the Tower Elephant instead.
Age I would use Sasanian style with Age II using Khorasani style, Age III using Razi style, and Age IV using Isfahani style. Language:
Middle Persian and would evolve into New Persian. Proposed Stats for each unique unit:
- Cost: 100 Food and 50 Gold
- Training time: 20 seconds
- Hitpoints: 75
- Melee armor: 0
- Pierce armor: 0
- Speed: 1.12 tiles/second
- Population cap: 1
- Cost: 80 Food and 45 Gold
- Training time: 20 seconds
- Hitpoints: 90 (Early), 115 (Regular), 130 (Veteran), 145 (Elite)
- Melee Attack: 6 (Early), 8 (Regular), 10 (Veteran), 12 (Elite)
- Fire Attack: 10 (Early), 13 (Regular), 16 (Veteran), 20 (Elite)
- Rate of fire: 1.50 seconds (Battle Axe), 2.00 seconds (Torch), 2.50 seconds (Javelin)
- Melee armor: 0
- Pierce armor: 1 (Early), 2 (Regular), 3 (Veteran), 4 (Elite)
- Cost: 90 Food and 40 Gold
- Training time: 21.5 seconds
- Hitpoints: 170
- Melee Attack: 14
- Fire Attack: 19
- Rate of Fire: 1.25 seconds (Sword) and 2.00 seconds (Torch)
- Melee armor: 4
- Pierce armor: 4
- Speed: 1.125 tiles/second
- Cost: 110 Food and 55 Gold
- Training time: 30 seconds
- Hitpoints: 145 (Regular), 190 (Veteran), 225 (Elite)
- Melee Attack: 15 (Regular), 19 (Veteran), 24 (Elite)
- Attack bonus: +5 vs Siege (Torch)
- Rate of fire: 1.48 seconds
- Melee armor: 2 (Regular), 3 (Veteran), 4 (Elite)
- Pierce armor: 2 (Regular), 3 (Veteran), 4 (Elite)
- Speed: 1.70 tiles/second
- Upgrade cost: 100 Food and 250 Gold (Veteran), 300 Food and 700 Gold (Elite)
- Upgrade time: 30 seconds (Veteran), 60 seconds (Elite)
- Cost: 150 Food and 150 Gold
- Training time: 35 seconds
- Maximum amount: 1
- Hitpoints: 360
- Attack: 24 (melee), 30 (ranged)
- Fire Attack: 10
- Rate of fire: 2 seconds (melee), 2.15 seconds (ranged), 2.12 seconds (torch)
- Melee armor: 4
- Pierce armor: 4
- Speed: 1.68 tiles/second
- Cost: 180 Food and 60 Gold
- Training time: 35 seconds
- Hitpoints: 200
- Pierce Attack: 35
- Rate of Fire: 1.62 seconds
- Range: 4
- Melee armor: 0
- Pierce armor: 0
- Speed: 1.62 tiles/second
Conclusion: Having the Persians be one of the civilizations of Age of Empires IV would be one of the best things because it can explore the medieval era of Persia. Also, the Persian identity did existed in the ancient and medieval times that can be considered parallel to the Chinese identity.
Note: This page was directly copied from the Persians civ concept
topic that's available on the Age of Empires Forums.
2023.03.21 21:15 Werrrnstrom Durango questions
I've got a Durango 24 on order and had some questions for anyone with an offset-- Are you using a cover of any kind? I'm in SW Ohio so snow happens, but not too crazy The LP log lighter is available as an add-on after delivery (aka doesn't need built in), but I can't find any information about installing it There's a video on YouTube about first burn/seasoning, but the owner seasoned the outside of the pit--Yoder support said this isn't necessary and to just season the inside (as the outside is coated in high-temp paint). What did you do for your first burn/seasoning?
submitted by Werrrnstrom
to Yodersmokers [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 21:13 JustAFoolishGamer 1984 clones of George Orwell vs 451 clones of Ray Bradbury
Two armies of acclaimed dystopian authors decide to fight for some reason. They battle on a random field in Australia, so neither of them get an advantage (no, the australian wildlife is not allowed to interfere)
-Exact clones of Eric Arthur Blair in the peak of his health
-1984 of them in total
-Armed with Elephant Guns
-Are given a week's prep time to think of a strategy before the big battle
-Knows about the Bradburies' numbers and equipment
-Exact clones of Ray Bradbury in the peak of his health
-451 of them in total
-Armed with Incendiary Grenades
-Are given a week's prep time to think of a strategy before the big battle
-Knows about the Bradburies' numbers and equipment
submitted by JustAFoolishGamer
to whowouldwin [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 21:12 crankyberries I'm Done
I am so tired of life. Please don't give me a speech about needing to be grateful and happy and stuff, I know. I am not going to kill myself, I'm too scared so guess I have to wait out life but I am just done. I am so sad, lonley, stressed, scared, tired, idk. My biggest wish is to fall asleep and die. And when I die, in the afterlife, I want to walk into a kind womans arms. I want her to hold me, give me the best hug in the world (like a mom would) and say "you did it, you're done." Those are the words I want to hear more than anything in the world. I want someone to tell me that I did it. That I did somthing right almost. I finished, I did a good job and now I'm done. It's over. All of the pain is over so I can rest. And maybe this woman will stay with me so I'm not so alone. But I will lay in soft moss, and look in the sky. have nothing to do, no one to care about, not one sad/scary.angry or scary thought. It would be nice.
submitted by crankyberries
to offmychest [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 21:12 FriggenHecker Should I pick up my dogs hair outside?
I have been brushing my dog on our walks while he’s shedding his winter coat and it’s a lot. Huge clumps. I try to collect it but probably manage to get less than half of what comes off him. Should I try to collect as much as I can or is this not a big deal? I don’t brush him while people are around so they aren’t getting covered in it and I’ve heard it’s good for birds and nesting critters.
submitted by FriggenHecker
to ask [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 21:11 HayHayHues [F4M] Seeking RP Partners for Scifi & Fantasy RP
First off, thank you for popping in to take a look! I am seeking an RP partner for Sci-Fi or Fantasy based RP settings. I am very much an enjoyer of good story and plot, so I hope you will be the same! I don't mind smut as long as it makes sense for the story, and in the same vein, I also don't mind platonic RP's where romance is a fade-to-black type deal.
I'm in my 30's, so please be above 21
I post anywhere from 3-5 paragraphs and am semi-lit
I am in the EST time zone and don't mind rping with others from other timezones.
I rp over Discord and prefer it, so I have a way to put up things like Character Profile sections and alllll that fun stuffs!
I don't mind playing multi-characters!
I enjoy darker themes as much as I enjoy light ones, so don't be afraid to ask.
I have plenty of plots and things to share & show but don't want to list it all here but I will include a few plot idea's and intro's to see what tickles your fancy.
If you have an RP idea and you think we'd vibe good together then please feel free to reach out! I do all things in the vein of Scifi and Fantasy so please do share!
PLOTS: These are just vague outlines of more profound plot ideas, your welcome to ask for more info.
1: She believed one's fate was written in the stars; he believed only in his survival ability. They were born on the same day and were destined to meet despite being born planets away. He'd only meant to steal a ship but got so much more. She thought her whole life she would only be part of the vessel, and he made her more. They were destined to fall. It's too bad fate did not tell the crew or the law that pursues them.
2: Two people from worlds that are interconnected (think like two sides of a coin) find themselves meeting at the golden between their worlds and forge a bond that ends up getting them involved in an organization that polices the path between as well as handling anything that manages to stumble into the opposite world. They must learn to work together in order to keep the peace and their respective sanities.
3: This is a long and lengthy plot that essentially boils down to the story of Prometheus bringing the elements to the world; these elements are elemental children from the different planes. They escape and scatter across the world and have to find a way back together with the help of their bonded partner to stop Prometheus from capturing any more elements/ causing the gates between worlds to crumble type deal.
Misc: I have other plots involving things like adventuring parties off adventuring to darker themes like possession and murder and intrigue, so again, if these aren't your cuppa tea but you think we have the right kinda magic to make great things, then reach out!
The bathroom was an utter and complete mess! Candles were knocked over and still lying on the floor in hardened puddles of wax; the walls had green goo splattered all over them, and an assortment of scales, nails, ripped clothing, towels, and shredded toilet paper scattered all over HER bathroom floor. The medicine cabinet's mirror looked like someone had put a fist through it or shattered it by other means. There were pills, other various medical supplies, feminine supplies, and mirror shards littering the bathroom sink; some had even ended up in the toilet bowl (someone appeared to have left the seat up instead of down).
Violet eyes shifted to milky blue, allowing her to take in things like the magical residue still in her bathtub and the various magical symbols marked about on the walls indicating some sort of summoning ritual. When Mayhem opened her home to a few sisters of the Crescent Moon Coven, this hadn't been what she'd expected. Sure, they'd been drinking special moonshine, and her memories were scattered and vague leaving very few clues as to what had happened....but the sisters would have never damaged her bathroom without good reason.
Blue became violet once more as Mayhem headed over to the door leading into the small bathroom closet, where a note had been pinned to her door by a throwing dagger of some sort.
Apologies for the mess and the man we've left behind. Please take care of him till I get back. FYI, the poor thing doesn't know yet since he was sort of dumped off into one of my sister's arms while unconscious. Please protect him should trouble come looking!
Your Gal Pal,
P.S. You're out of coffee, moonroot, and other things! Sorry!!
A hand combing through messy, wild crimson locks Mayhem stared at the note, reading it over again. This did not explain anything and left her with about a thousand questions about what the hell was going on but with no hope of answers in the near future there were more pressing things to deal with. Exhaling, a knuckled rapped at the door not wanting to scare the shit out of her guest.
"Rise and shine, darling," Mayhem sing songed, putting on her most charming and cheery expression as she opened the closet, her arm shimmering with a shield just in case she found herself with a fist or something equally dangerous coming at her face. After all, if the person left behind didn't know how they'd gotten their chances, the occupant would not be warm and friendly....
Nothing like a bit of mayhem to start the day!
submitted by HayHayHues
to RoleplayPartnerSearch [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 21:05 daedalism Running Chateau of Blood (Blood Brothers 2). Any tips?
I'm running Chateau of Blood from Blood Brothers 2 in a few weeks with a group of mine that have gotten significantly more into roleplaying over the course of 1.5yrs 5e campaign. We've recently been experimenting with CoC--to great success--and when I heard about these books I thought they sounded like a ton of fun.
I picked this scenario because it seems to effectively capture the pulpy, early film horror that the books are going for, but it doesn't get overly silly. Tension and suspense are my favorite part of CoC, so I didn't connect too much with El Tigre, An Alien Kicked Sand in My Face (lol), or the other ones like this.
Does anyone have experience running this scenario? Reflections on it? Tips?
Here's two issues I'm thinking of in particular:
- The scenario text makes sure you know that the only way the monsters can be killed is with silver, but the text also says there's 0 silver in the house. The premade characters aren't equipped with anything silver, as far as I can tell. Still, the scenario spells out some different conclusions, including ones where this or that boss/monster is killed with silver. I want to give my players a way to survive, but I want them to have to work for it, so I'm not interested in just arming them with silver at the beginning. Any good ideas for how to do this?
- The scenario is more explicitly about sexuality than any I've run or played before. How do I run scenes like this without it being cringe? I anticipate that letting the players (all mid-late 20s early 30s; different genders) know in advance that sex may happen is critical to this, making sure people are down for it, etc., is one important way to prime this part of the scenario for success. Any tips for this scenario or for RPGs in general for how to deal with sexuality in this game? I think part of the hang-up for me is that the tone of the scenario is relatively spooky and serious, and in my experience in 5e, sexuality is always infused with a comedy that's less present in this scenario. So I guess my goals are: (a) keep the tone of the game consistent, (b) keep the sexual parts of the scenario fun and tense.
- Any GM tips in general for running a session that's supposed to be as filmic as it is gamey?
I'd appreciate any insights people have!
submitted by daedalism
to callofcthulhu [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 21:05 therealswigstein Terrorist Stabbed A Woman In Front Of Her Kids, Only Her Coat Was Damaged
2023.03.21 21:05 Maleegee [WAR] The King's Justice
January 1509 It has become apparent that the Marquis of Montferrat has failed in his capacities as the Governor of the territories of Asti, Incisa, and appended territories.
The Marquis, instead of defending Asti, a territory under the direct jurisdiction of His Most Christian Majesty Louis XII, elected to attack not only a neighbour, but a good christian ally of His Majesty, occupying two castles belonging to the Marquis of Saluzzo. This action not only attacked a close ally of the King of France, but allowed the enemies of France to gain the upper hand against France at a moment when her forces were particularly stretched thin.
As such, Marshal of France and Governor of Piedmont, Louis II de La Trémoille, Vicomte de Thouars, has been charged with bringing the King's justice to Montferrat, restoring the castles occupied by Montferrat to the Marquis of Saluzzo, and restoring the French administration of Asti, Incisa, and the appended territories.
These acts are to be carried out by force of arms if necessary.
Garrisons, Nobles, and Soldiers of Montferrat are encouraged to lay down their arms and surrender to the Maréchal, lest they suffer for the sake of the Marquis' selfish and petty ambitions.
~Maréchal Louis II de La Trémouille, Vicomte de Thouars, Gouverneur du Piémont,
On behalf of,
Roi Très-chrétien, Louis, Grâce à Dieu, Roi de France, Naples, et Jérusalem, Duc de Milan et Gaète, Comte d'Asti, Comte de Provence, Forcalquier et terres adjacentes
submitted by Maleegee
to empirepowers [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 21:04 onebigredflag precise symmetry - yrtemmys esicerp
Hello I am in need of advice, I am building my first boat and it needs to be 100% symmetrical, and I mean not even half a mm or thou out, it is a high speed performance craft and if one side is even a faction low on volume one side it will act like a banana and pull one way or the other through the water.
I favour using traditional techniques (without using CAD, 3D printing or milling) so what ways are there to check and ensure the model/boat has mirror-perfect symmetry? Even with CAD and milling, it would still need to be coated and sanded, requiring the check for mirror-perfect symmetry. So please boat builders of reddit, any thoughts, knowledge or hints you can impart would be welcomed.
submitted by onebigredflag
to boatbuilding [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 21:04 K___logan Attempts to resist the 54th brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine end in failure. Bodies - Bodies - Bodies of orcs
2023.03.21 21:04 hbanana06 Retiring a aggressive horse
I bought an ottb from the race track around July 2022. I have competed in show jumping for years when I was younger at high levels but was looking for a fun way to get back into the sport. I was a 7 year old Mare with an extensive racing career, retired due to not posting the same times she use to. Now they called the mare the Viper which in short means she’s a biter but I didn’t realize how bad this problem was until later down the line. I did about 1-2 months of groundwork with her and tiny bit of riding.
In September 2022, the horse coliced and I she underwent surgery for a small intestinal volvulu. She survived but when waking up from being out under she freaked out and fell causing her to have a small tear in her ligament and fragment off a piece in the radius bone on her front leg. She begun rehabbing and everything went smoothly, but she was always extremely mean to me. Would bite me in the back of arm when I put ice boots or wrapped her leg. Also pinned her ears at me and tried to bite me while brushing her. Extremely wild when hand walking where she would strike out or kick out. I assumed once she got back to work this mood would change; however, it hasn’t. The mare tries to kick and bite me whenever I brush or tack her up. If I touch her in her stall she will try to bite. I originally could tack her up in the cross ties but not she tries to rear or will try to kick me r smash me against the wall. ( note: I have treated this horse for ulcers twice). She’s so sweet to ride but i don’t know if I feel comfortable with the way she is in the barn. I was hoping to turn her into a new lease horse for kids at my barn, but I can’t do that when she’s this dangerous. When I try to discipline her bad reactions she becomes even angrier, becoming more explosive
I’m trying to decide whether it’s worth it to continue with the hors or whether I should retire her or maybe breed her (using her as a surrogate). I’m experienced with horses but I feel lost with what do with this mare. I love her and don’t want to sell her but I don’t feel comfortable around her
submitted by hbanana06
to Equestrian [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 21:03 CrispGovernor Spraying oil finish process
I’m looking to refinish a family heirloom table built in the 30s. It’s not fancy or intricate so I am just after a smooth durable finish.
I bought an HVLP sprayer for a cabinet painting project and loved the results, especially on the tough corners and molding of the faces. That being said I’m going to strip the old table down to bare wood. It’s white oak I believe. What’s everyone’s experience/process with running poly (I will use Arm r seal) through an HVLP sprayer?
submitted by CrispGovernor
to woodworking [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 21:02 onebigredflag precise symmetry - yrtemmys esicerp
Hello model makers of Reddit, I am a full-size boat builder and need advice, I have found in the past that modellers, hobbyists and enthusiasts are often more knowledgeable than the professionals so thought this might be worth a try.
I need to build a boat that is 100% symmetrical, and I mean not even half a mm or thou out, it is a high speed performance craft and if one side is even a faction low on volume it will act like a banana and pull one way or the other through the water.
I favour using traditional techniques (without using CAD, 3D printing or milling) what ways are there to check and ensure the model/boat has mirror-perfect symmetry? Even with CAD and milling, it would still need to be coated and sanded, requiring the check for mirror-perfect symmetry. So please model makers of reddit, any thoughts, knowledge or hints you can impart would be welcomed.
submitted by onebigredflag
to modelmakers [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 21:02 AutoNewsAdmin [Local] - Two plead guilty to armed robbery of driver
2023.03.21 21:01 danbaatar Quick and dirty fix for my broken fence
| || |
Zip ties failed, so I righed this little beapoke bracket up in Fusion 360. Definitely not the prettiest-- the screw holes are all over the place, I ran out of resin before the right "arm" could finish printing, and part of the raft is fused to the bracket on the left side, but it seems to be holding and I can let my dog out into the yard again! submitted by danbaatar to resinprinting [link] [comments]