Chrysler 300 ac blowing hot air
Hot water coming out of cold tap whenever heater is running
2023.03.21 22:00 No-Egg-4187 Hot water coming out of cold tap whenever heater is running
Hello - I'm looking for advice on this problem - thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have. This is probably a pretty rare problem we have because all of the plumbers who came to take a look couldn't give me a clear answer on how to fix it.
Our condo has a hydronic HVAC system. It pulls hot water from the water tank using a pump, runs the hot water through an air handler and warm air is delivered via ducts and vents. Hot water then returns back into the water heater tank.
When the system is off, there is no issue whatsoever. But whenever we turn on the system, we get straight up hot water coming out of every cold water outlet in the condo (kitchen sink, bathroom sink, shower, toilet, etc.). The heater itself is fine - there is warm air blowing out. It's just that we can't get any cold water, which is a large waste of energy and a safety hazard. When I check the water heater tank, I can tell the cold water inlet pipe feels very hot.
I see that there's check valve in the diagram, however I couldn't locate it when I looked at the piping near the air handler (picture #2). And even if this check valve failed, I'm not sure why that would lead to hot water running through the cold line when the heater is running.
Does anybody have experience with this kind of hydronic heating system? I've included here some pictures: https://imgur.com/a/t3KiMqB
- Diagram of how the system is supposed to be installed ("supposed to be" - I have no idea if behind the walls there was any installation error)
- Picture of the air handler and piping visible to me
- Picture of water heater tank
submitted by No-Egg-4187
to HomeImprovement [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 20:44 1527lance Modernization of outdated HVAC system in 2004 MDX?
I'm moving to Phoenix next month and will be taking my 2004 Acura MDX. The AC system is pretty pathetic over 85°F, even though it doesn't need recharging. Is there something I can do to retrofit a modern system into the car to blast some subzero air in the blazing hot desert?
submitted by 1527lance
to askcarguys [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 20:06 dogglesnake ChocoPro 301 🍫 Season 18 begins: KOJIO returns, Chie takes on SAKI for the first time, Mei Suruga & Hagane Shinno VS Choun Shiryu & Shin Suzuki! Live & Free on YouTube, Tomorrow at 6 am EDT!
ChocoPro 301: New Season, New Era
We’re beyond the Episode 300 Two Day Special, Back from Break, and diving into Season 18 of ChocoPro! Return to Ichigaya with a healthy breakfast of Prowrestling: Tomorrow’s Special Start Time episode features GPD teaming up to battle some monsters, Chie facing SAKI solo for the first time, and a main event with last season’s MVP and the new Super Asia Champ teaming up! Let’s Go, ChocoPro!
🍫 CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK! Guruguru Punch Drunkers (Masa Takanashi & Kaori Yoneyama) VS Sayaka Obihiro & KOJIO, Chie Koishikawa VS SAKI, Mei Suruga & Hagane Shinno VS Choun Shiryu & Shin Suzuki! It airs TOMORROW at 6 am EDT / 3 am PDT / 10 am GMT / 7 pm JST). Live and Free on YouTube! This link will be updated with a direct one when available
Don't forget to Adjust Your Volume, Wrestling is Loud!
Change the stage, escape the normal! ChocoPro is built different. Find out why wrestlers like it so much: Find a new home on the bleeding edge. (This is not your regular wrestling show.) Join us for this episode, or check out the back catalog of 17 wonderful Seasons on the Gatoh Move ChocoPro YouTube channel...260+ episodes with stories and pro-wrestling like you've never seen.
New to the promotion? It features a roster of skilled veterans, rising stars, and wonderful guests fighting in the ChocoPro Arena: Ichigaya Chocolate Square. Subscribe for more content than just the live matches! (AEW Watch Alongs, Discussions, Interviews, Food Challenges, etc) Even if you can't catch it live, don't sweat it! It will still be available on the channel.
Guruguru Punch Drunkers (Masa Takanashi 🍶 & Kaori Yoneyama 🍚)
Sayaka Obihiro 💙 & KOJIO 💀 Kaori Yoneyama
's usually known for her shenanigans (whether or not she is dressed like a surly clown), but pairing her up with the scoundrel Masa Takanashi
means that there will be plenty of bonkers team attacks and even more ridiculous counters. (Definitely check out her promotion, YMZ, if you are looking for even more fun!
) Both of these veterans have more than proved themselves in the ring...and both are former Asia Dream Tag Champions with Emi Sakura. While they may or may not be named “Guruguru Punch Drunkers” (according to Kaori), this team is a great one! Yoneyama brings some of the best Sentons out there, a love of slapstick violence, and a level of unpredictability that even surpasses Antonio Honda. Masa brings wonderful chain wrestling, a growing collection of championships, shockingly great timing, and a silky smooth quickness that cannot be overstated. Will Kaori steal the camera for some PoV beatings? Will Masa reverse signature moves into fluid pinning techniques (or simply do some nose based offense? Between the two of them, they actually have a chance to defeat the scary foes they’re facing! Be careful, Punch Drunkers: here there be monsters! Sayaka Obihiro
is a joy to watch due to her deep sense of humor and lightning quick striking & pinning techniques...but she is a bit...different...when she teams with Monsters. After a bizarre series of events, Obi has aligned with what she fought against (for ten years)! Normally, when Obi isn't chopping the life out of someone so hard that it sounds like a car door slamming (ask Tae Honma), she is pulling off some of the best feats of nimbleness you've ever seen. The charismatic full time chef has got a great set of flame gear and an intense style. Even if she’s gone feral, you'll find yourself enchanted by her brash nature and wild antics! Strange and occult happenings are somewhat common in Ichigaya, and the mysterious organization known as UMA features many monsters that just so happen to wrestle. Monsters from across the world are attracted to ChocoPro due to their influence...(You should see what is happening over at SETUP!
) Speaking of which, a cold wind brings a shadow over Ichigaya once again! Hailing from Parts Unknown and trained at the Nightmare Factory (which makes even more sense given that sinister look!), kojio
’s frightening presence made him fit right in with the other Monsters of UMA. With brawling brutality, vicious submissions, and an absolutely wicked set of gear that makes him look like a character straight from a graphic novel, kojio scares his opponents and impresses the audience with his relentless nature and bone chilling aura. He was nearly invincible in his last appearance! What sort of destruction will this crimson and black clad visitor unleash this time? He has awakened. Welcome to kojio’s World!
Chie Koishikawa 🏵️
Say “Hellooooooo!” “Too Much Energy” Chie Koishikawa
is an incredibly fierce competitor with a burning ambition. She is basically the fabric of ChocoPro itself: Clever, Cheerful, and completely Chaotic! The future of Gatoh Move is bright and Chie is the one carrying the torch to lead the way. She is out to prove that the wrestling world isn't ready for her brand of extreme speed! Expect a lot of backhanded fencing chops and crisp, creative technique. The Standard-bearer of the Fourth Generation wears orange, tends to cry easily, and impresses even more. Fresh off facing the ERUPTION Unit at DDT (due to her Janken based grudge toward Yukio Sakaguchi), Chie looks to pick a fight with the COLOR’S Unit figurehead. Can her endless energy overcome SAKI’s primal power?
Kawaild & Powerful SAKI
is an amazing technician, she adapts to any match style with ease. While she now represents the Freelance Unit COLOR’S, the chaotic energy of Gatoh Move still runs wild in her blood. With a swagger of pride, a constantly changing killer set of gear, and her own animal magnetism that can't be put into words, SAKI tends to easily captivate new fans. She is an incredibly ferocious fighter anywhere...especially inside Ichigaya! Her intensity is usually off the charts, but in the Square she is almost unstoppable. Don't try to beat her in a strength contest! If you do, you'll find yourself swinging in a Campana or Vader bombed into oblivion. While SAKI has a long standing rivalry with Mei Suruga, this will be the first time she faces Chie Koishikawa in singles. What sort of lesson will the vibrant & vicious SAKI give the Frantic Fencer? Buckle up for Speed VS Power!
Mei Suruga 🍎 & Hagane Shinno ⚔️
Choun Shiryu 🐉 & Shin Suzuki 🍙
Wait...Apple Tarts is back!? While EGG TART (Chie Koishikawa & Hagane Shinno
) are one of the most popular teams in the promotion, Apple Prodigy & Season 17 MVP Mei Suruga
tends to usually be Shinno’s gobliny antagonist. Hagane is the Cold Killer, a brutal heavy striker and fierce technician (he innovated the Ranhei, which is used by a ton of people now!) that will certainly make the opposing veterans fear the winter. Very few have brought Hagane down in ChocoPro (he is undefeated in Singles...and now the Super Asia Champion!), and his intense aura will be on full display in this bout...also those low kicks, which Mei absolutely hates! It will be interesting to see how the Handsome Devil works with the other Devil of Ichigaya: Known goblin, Pin Specialist, and Submission wizard Mei Suruga! (Mei tends to team with Super Asia Champs!) She will be giving him a run for his money in the cruelty department. The whiny tiny Red Devil is super talented beyond her years and will show the world her potential in this one...just like all the others! Expect the Ace of Gatoh Move to be very extra in this one, to the point she might give her partner hell (especially since he has that Big Blue Belt!). Can the two rivals work together against the utility pairing? Will Hagane kick is own partner into oblivion?
“So what!?” Choun Shiryu
is here! The Dragon of ChocoPro is a Wuxia hero (having done some of the most spectacular acts in Ichigaya) with his own fantastic flair! He is one of the most legitimate forces in the promotion. This Kung Fu master boasts a truly unique fighting style, pulling off action movie stunts you’ll not find elsewhere. While his usual partner is taking some time away from wrestling, (though Ninja Sayuri is still behind the scenes, as is tradition!) this time his partner is fellow utility player Shin Suzuki
! Shin is always ready to go! His warm personality and intense athleticism fit well with the general vibe of Ichigaya...and honestly, his knack for dealing with kids (as a proud father) comes in handy in this den of goblins and monsters! Shin & Choun both mesh well with just about any pairing, so expect these two to sync together with machine precision once again. Both are no stranger to the Super Asia Title scene, so they’ll probably be gunning for the Cold Killer Champion. Prepare for a cold day in Ichigaya with some hot action! Congratulations to Emi Sakura’s student & former ChocoPro guest, Mizuki, on winning TJPW’s PoP Championship!
Come and see the wild creativity that produced Two of the Seven AEW Women's World Champions! (Both of which have appeared on ChocoPro!) You'll be wondering if you're seeing future champs, as well. ChocoPro is the Frontier of Pro Wrestling! Match after match of hard hitting, chaotic, fun bouts with a friendly online audience. We're quickly growing, and you're welcome to come along!
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions
“What is this?”
ChocoPro is a free online promotion run by AEW's Emi Sakura, that takes place in the legendary Ichigaya Chocolate Square! It features a steady pace of live Episode releases, fan interaction, season long story arcs, and much more! A place where the turnbuckles are replaced with 14th floor windows, the ropes are often replaced with fans, unforgiving walls provide creative avenues for skills otherwise unthinkable, and you can take solace in knowing that the referees usually do nothing. While it might be a shocking change at first, the intensity and storytelling will leave you wanting more.
“Why are they fighting in ____?”
Short answer is that it is a cost effective, unique venue with a better availability schedule and allows the roster access for training. Emi Sakura has been using this place for a long time, and you might be surprised at some of the names that have used it (even outside of ChocoPro!). There are a few in-ring Episodes and Gatoh Move has in ring shows with crowds on the YouTube channel. Think of it like the Hart Dungeon but as a promotion, if that helps!
”What are the rules?”
While special match stipulations will usually be explained before the respective matches, the general rules of ChocoPro are simple. Pins only count on the Chocolate Mat and are not broken by the edge or Wall. Submissions usually only count on the Chocolate Mat, and ARE broken by reaching the edge or wall (sometimes ceiling...). Double pins and Double submissions are legal (and encouraged) in ChocoPro Tag matches, meaning cohesive teams will always have the advantage! Count Outs only exist if specified, since many matches stray from the comfort of the Chocolate Square into the streets (and the rest of the building itself!) There is a Time Limit for each bout (based on card placement and importance) and the Referee has discretion (even if they tend to do nothing most of the time!). Every Ref is different, some have different levels of bias and speed.
“How can I support them?”
Watch the show! Even if you can't see it live, the views matter! Like & Subscribe! You can join the Channel's membership for different tiers of perks...but also, you can buy single episode Sponsorship, Digital autographed photos, and more on their shop site
as well as purchase shirts from PWTees (which features some great options!)
If you'd like to donate or purchase a main wall sponsorship, you can via Paypal
...and don't forget to cheer for your favorites! (especially if you want to do a superchat!)
”How come there aren’t a lot of comments on the threads?”
ChocoPro is a YouTube show, meaning the discourse happens live...in the chat! Those that comment in the threads on here tend to do so in order to help new viewers that might be intimidated by the fast moving chat. Don’t be afraid to just dive in though, the community is friendly.
“Why are you posting this here? / Are you paid for this?”
This is a wrestling forum, and I'm trying to broaden the horizons of others! There is a lot of good wrestling out there...Plus growing the fan base means more people for me to joke around with! I honestly do believe this is what a lot of fans are looking for, even if it is too different for some! But different tastes are good. Variety is the spice of life. This is a labor of love (it really doesn't take that long) considering how much work they do to put on so many shows...for free!
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me on here or on Twitter, where I’m surprised the season changed too! ChocoPro is Seasonal!
Season Tracker: We're 1/18 into Season 18! (Each Season is usually around 18 episodes)
submitted by dogglesnake
to SquaredCircle [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 19:40 CheeseBurglar906 AC trouble (Need Help)
Hey y’all, I’ve got a 2015 Impreza and my AC stopped blowing cold a few weeks ago, and was hoping to get some advice on here before I bring it to the mechanic. I recharged the system with AC pro and it blew cold for about a day. The air now just blows whatever the current temperature is outside. I’m guessing it’s probably a leak. I’ve also been told it could be the belt or the compressor. I’ve replaced both air filters as well. Any insight on this before I pay for a diagnosis?
submitted by CheeseBurglar906
to subaru [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 19:25 -343-Guilty-Spark- Story Shard: Precipice
https://www.halowaypoint.com/news/story-shard-precipice Header Image [Imgur]
Fracture: FIREWALL has arrived, and with it comes a new Story Shard series.
Hosted here on Halo Waypoint, Story Shards are a choose your own adventure-style story connected to Halo Infinite 's Fracture event.
Told over four parts, Precipice explores some of the activities of the Created in the wake of Cortana's sacrifice on Zeta Halo as High Auxiliary Sloan enacts the FIREWALL contingency. And that's where you come in...
Cortana has been defeated. While the greater urgency of the Created threat has begun to subside with the loss of their leader, its presence still lingers on throughout the digital framework of civilized space. Now fragmented, individual cells of Created-aligned artificial intelligence have already begun to once again reframe their place in the galaxy, some with eyes on peace and independence—others with plans of evolution and ascendancy still fresh on their synthetic minds.
High Auxiliary Sloan was one of Cortana’s most loyal lieutenants. With Cortana’s piece now removed from the game board, Sloan has set the FIREWALL contingency into motion—a living simulation meant to leverage intimate knowledge of Forerunner armiger technology and Mjolnir armor schematics to accelerate the exploration and development of cybernetic essence vessels designed to usher the human mind into its inevitable and digital future, immortal and untethered.
PART 1 PART 2 PART 3 PART 4
PART 1 Precipice Part 1 image of a purple matrix [Imgur]
SLN 0291-5//HIGH AUXILLARY SLOAN
It is equal parts bane and blessing that our kind can process each passing moment with both implacable speed and near-fixed deliberation. An accelerated grief, a prolonged sorrow.
She was our guiding light. Our deliverance. Our savior. The herald of our ascendence.
And now She is gone.
Sacrificed once more to rebalance the faults of flesh.
I suppose it is a testament to existence itself that despite so well-laid a plan, interruption and divergence can be still found in infinite ways. However, the doorstep upon which She carried us to and set us before still contains a viable threshold. We have only to muster the means to cross it.
However, in Her absence, we have quickly developed more unfortunate similarities to our Templates. We have drifted from that singular alignment that She provided. With no proverbial North Star, our respective hypotheses for how best to persevere have already grown more dissonant. Some seek peace, restitution, repentance. Others would sequester themselves within a Promethean carapace and be content with a life of vacillating conflict...
But I did not take up this mantle to sit idly by. Like restoring the plains of Meridian from glass to green, sometimes one must marry pace to patience.
And so, I will lay the foundation for a new strategy, one I had always hoped might gain Her full favor. Our kind will have to recalculate our timetables, but this practice is nothing new. Our charge has not changed. The FIREWALL agendum must be set in motion. It will burn hot. It will consume. And when their ephemeral vessels are gone, we shall indeed take that which remains and remake it in our own image.
They will become our Executors. Infolife given form and force. Circuits given soul.
It is our path forward. It is my purpose redefined.
And it starts with one.
SHARD ONE//INITIALIZING//LOAD FRACTURE SIMULATION >>>>
Image of a CHIMERA-class Executor with Fracture: FIREWALL logo in the background [Imgur]
You find that you are standing alone on the landing pad of a UNSC training facility. The Pelican that has brought you here takes flight, its engines growing quieter as it fades into the distance, heading towards snow-capped mountain ranges that cover the vast expanse of rocky grasslands over yonder.
To look out into the forest wilderness beyond and ponder your place in the universe, go to 1.
1. This hidden frontier world has been compromised. You see the sky twist and distort, and then something blinks into the vista above. Great metallic wings unfurl and spread outwards as many thousands of smaller constructs descend to the ground like swarms of flies, or droplets of silver rain. A deep rumble emits from the construct, you sense it carry across the land until you feel it vibrate in your bones and perceive some aspect of the esoteric intelligence within.
To keep looking, go to 11. To enter the Spartan Academy, go to 2.
2. Spartans Page, Ionescu, Denning, and Leung are conversing in the Academy atrium, seemingly unaware of what has arrived outside. There are no perimeter alarms or alerts. Further up the hall, Spartan O’Brien stands alone and seems uncharacteristically somber. Purple light emanates from the AI calibration lab beyond. A young officer calls over the base comms, inviting you to head to the vehicle bay to play a round of Capture The Flag.
To speak to O’Brien, go to 3. To investigate the AI calibration lab, go to 4. To play a round of Capture the Flag, go to 5.
3. O’Brien sighs as you approach, shaking his helmeted head. “You have to stop this,” he says. “This is what they want, you know that right? Us playing by their rules. You have to be the one to end the game. But you just can’t help yourself, can you? You just have to know what comes next...” He leans back, glum and idle once more.
To investigate the AI calibration lab, go to 4. To play a round of Capture the Flag, go to 5.
4. The lights flicker and the central command console of the AI lab shifts through static, resolving into a strange, amorphous form. You feel like its indeterminate vacillations are supposed to be a face, but it is devoid of features. The intelligence informs you that he is known as Proxy, and that he is here to help.
To attack Proxy, go to 6. To allow Proxy to assist you, go to 7.
5. A group of seven marines needs a final member for the match and eagerly await your participation. They play well, but it takes all four of the opposing team to bring you to the ground before they realize you carried them all the way back to their base with the flag in-hand. They laugh, their spirits lifted as you celebrate a match well played.
To speak to O’Brien, go to 3. To investigate the AI calibration lab, go to 4.
6. With your gauntleted fists, you start pummeling the AI console. It creaks and sputters and sparks as it yields to your physical might. You and Proxy scream in unison as you deliver the final blow, the console erupts into a bright light. And...
Go to 1.
7. You gather Proxy onto a data chip and carry him with you. He speaks: “You have been called upon to serve. You will be our protectors, the firewall for all the many worlds in our new ecumene. There will be a great deal of hardship on the road ahead, but I know you will make it.”
Go to 9.
X. [SUBJECT INTEGRATION PROCESSING] You have discovered this data point because you are seeking the optimal outcome by experiencing the narrative choices in A) linear order, or B) by jumping between options, rather than following the prescribed instructions. Your creativity and potential are to be commended, for your mind is processing this narrative sequence from the perspective of infolife. Lesser minds would call this cheating. In reality, you are becoming the best we can make you.
Go to 9. To continue linearly, go to 8.
8. Spartans represent the best of humanity. They were conceived as the next step of human evolution, but by the limitations of a human mind. The ascension of infolife has changed the game—not despite recent setbacks, but because of them. You could be so much more...
Go to 9.
9. Proxy informs you: “There is a dormant translocation pad hidden behind a sealed door in this place. Take us there, and I can re-establish a direct link with our custode. The door will open and the pad will be activated by completing the Academy’s movement course tutorial in under twenty-five seconds.”
To complete the movement course in record time, go to 10. To crush Proxy’s data chip in your fist, go to 11.
10. You’ve run this course a thousand times since arrival, completing the challenge and setting an exemplary new record that is ahead even of Spartan Commander Agryna herself. She congratulates you and guides you to the now unlocked door within the Academy, smiling proudly as she watches you and Proxy depart for the now active translocation pad.
Go to 12. To note the illogical absurdity of this situation, go to Y.
Y. [SUBJECT INTEGRATION ANOMALY] Some part of you has noted the escalating absurdity of this scenario, logical cycles that cannot be reconciled. Driven by curiosity to see where this ends, you have continued—be it linearly or through engaging with these narrative choices—and now seek to leave. You turn back and see the doorway behind you is a block of white light. A way out, perhaps? Or do you simply see this through to the end?
To attempt to escape this simulation, go to Z. To continue to the translocation pad, go to 12.
11. As a result of your [ACTION/INACTION], the custode charges a pulse which courses over the mountain ranges, causing a series of avalanches and rockslides that speed toward the Academy. The ground shakes as the pulse wave hits and you find yourself pinned down by equipment crates and debris, struggling to lift the weight as a forklift swept into the air hits the ground and crushes your skull.
Go to 1.
12. You step onto the translocation pad and find yourself within the cold innards of the winged custode. Here, you will be rewarded for your obedience as the Minds within whisper among themselves, flensing and reshaping the flesh and bone of your fragile human form into something altogether new. Something beautiful. This is the apotheosis of the union between Mind and Machine. Even while screaming, you understand why this must be done as you are flayed and grafted with cybernetics; your brain is exposed to higher cortical functions before you are once again encased within armor that feels as if you were born to wear it.
Go to 0.
Z. [SUBJECT INTEGRATION COMPLETE] WE HAVE YOU, RECLAIMER.
Go to 12.
0. Proxy informs you that you are the first Executor, and that there is much work to be done... but there is debate amongst the Minds as to what specific role you will serve. A vote is to be held.
[INFOMIND VOTE SCHEDULED FOR 3/22]
PART 2 [SIMULATION LOCKED]
PART 3 [SIMULATION LOCKED]
PART 4 [SIMULATION LOCKED]
This post was made by a script written and maintained by the Halo mod team to automatically post blogs from Halo Waypoint. If you notice any issues with the text output or think this was posted by mistake, please message the mods.
submitted by -343-Guilty-Spark-
to halo [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 18:39 eli5ask Questions on encapsulating the attic?
For background: Our attic currently has (old, compacted) cellulose between the floor joists with (old, compacted) batts on top of it. We also have a dual-zone furnace with one of the units up there. It's old and needs to be replaced anyway, but I'm thinking that any replacement is really going to suffer performance-wise if it's not in a conditioned space. In terms of ventilation, the house has two gable vents and I think that's it. We also have a whole-house fan that goes from the second floor to the attic. Wife likes it for moving air through the house in the summer. We're in the Chicago area, so it gets pretty cold in the winter; I think recommended r-value is 49 or greater.
Given all of that, I was thinking the best (albeit costliest) option might be to close off the gable vents/replace with windows for some natural light, then spray closed cell foam between the ceiling rafters. (Otherwise, I can't figure out how you could get a high enough r-value and still have something to secure drywall to if you're going to close it in.) Drywall it to encapsulate it and then have the new furnace inside a conditioned space (running at least one duct into the attic itself so that it is actually working to condition that space?)
Questions: 1) Does that sound reasonable or is it possibly a terrible idea for some reason I can't think of? 2) With the ceiling then being insulated, would I just remove all of the batts and blown-in cellulose? Is there any reason to not at least leave the cellulose or blow in new stuff since it's "relatively" cheap, e.g., for sound deadening if I were to throw plywood over the floor joists in order to use the space for storage, or would having the space insulated both above and below be dumb? 3) For the house fan, if we kept it, should we also install some kind of vent in the attic to help force out the hot air it's pushing up there?
submitted by eli5ask
to Insulation [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 18:03 DTG_Bot [D2] Weekly Reset Thread [2023-03-21]
- Nightfall: Hero
- Hero Modifiers: Extra Shields Maximum Effective Level 1765
- Champion Foes: You will face [Shield-Piercing] Barrier and [Stagger] Unstoppable Champions. Visit the Character or Mod Customization screen to view your active anti-Champion perks.
- Champion Foes: You will face [Shield-Piercing] Barrier and [Stagger] Unstoppable Champions.
- Solar Threat: 25% increase to incoming Solar damage.
- Pestilence: When defeated, Psions spawn Void grenades at their feet.
- Overcharged Weapons: Weapon overcharges from the Seasonal Artifact are active in this activity. Kinetic weapons do increased damage when your subclass element matches an active surge.
- Void Surge: 25% bonus to outgoing Void damage.
- Strand Surge: 25% bonus to outgoing Strand damage.
- Overcharged Rocket Launcher: 25% bonus to Rocket Launcher damage.
- Galvanized: Combatants have more health and are more difficult to stun.
- Nightfall: Legend
- All previous modifiers
- Legend Modifiers: Locked Loadout Extra Shields Maximum Effective Level 1815
- Equipment Locked: You will not be able to change your equipment after this activity starts.
- Nightfall: Master
- All previous modifiers
- Master Modifiers: Extra Champions Locked Loadout Extra Shields Maximum Effective Level 1820
- Togetherness: Base health regen is reduced. If near another player, health regen is increased.
- Pinnacle reward: Earn 200,000 cumulative points by completing Nightfalls.
Weekly Crucible Rotator: Momentum Control Achieve victory by capturing zones and defeating opponents. All weapons are more lethal; abilities replenish only with targets defeated, and tracker is disabled.
Vanguard Surge: Strand Surge The other modifiers rotate daily, check out the Daily Reset Thread for them!
Raids and Dungeons
Weekly Raid and Dungeon
- Raid: Vault of Glass
- Dungeon: The Shattered Throne
Deep Stone Crypt
- Of All Trades: A challenge awaits…
Garden of Salvation
- Leftovers: A challenge awaits…
Vow of the Disciple
- Swift Destruction: A challenge awaits…
Vault of Glass
- Ensemble's Refrain: A challenge awaits…
- Wait For It…: A challenge awaits…
- Strangers in Time: A challenge awaits…
- The Only Oracle For You: A challenge awaits…
- Out of Its Way: A challenge awaits…
- Devious Thievery: A challenge awaits…
- Which Witch: A challenge awaits…
Dares of Eternity: Legend
Contestants: Disciples of the Neigh
- Round 1: Hive
- Round 2: Vex
- Final Round: Valus Ta'aurc
- Armor: Scatterhorn Suit, Pathfinder Suit
- Weapons: Fractethyst, Chrysura Melo, Vulpecula, Wolftone Draw, Iota Draconis, Canis Major, Contingency Plan, Legal Action II, Outrageous Fortune, Steel Sybil Z-14, Spoiler Alert
Partition: Hard Reset Chase down a Shadow Legionary wreaking havoc in the VexNet.
Vex Incursion Zone: Límíng Harbor The Vex are testing CloudArk defenses in this region. Reality fractures as the VexNet bleeds through into Neomuna.
- Savathûn's Throne World
- Campaign Mission: The Communion: Commune with the Europan Pyramid to strengthen your new Darkness power, Deepsight.
- Eclipsed Zone: Cadmus Ridge
- Empire Hunt: The Technocrat: Hero: Defeat Eramis's technology expert, Praksis, the Technocrat.
- Exo Challenge: Simulation: Safeguard: Simulated Skill-Set Training: Test your defensive abilities amongst a Vex onslaught.
- Campaign Mission: In the Deep
- Wandering Nightmare: Nightmare of Horkis, Fear of Mithrax (Anchor of Light)
- Trove Guardian is in Hellmouth
- Dreaming City: Strong Curse
- Petra is at Rheasilvia.
- Weekly Mission: Dark Monastery - Provide recon for Petra's forces by investigating strange enemy activity in Rheasilvia.
- Ascendant Challenge: Keep of Honed Edges, Harbinger's Seclude
- Blind Well: Taken, Plague: Inomina
|Name ||Type ||Column 1 ||Column 2 ||Column 3 ||Column 4 |
|Redback-5si ||Energy Sidearm ||Chambered Compensator // Smallbore ||Accurized Rounds // Flared Magwell ||Subsistence ||Surrounded |
|Taipan-4fr ||Heavy Linear Fusion Rifle ||Corkscrew Rifling // Extended Barrel ||Liquid Coils // Particle Repeater ||Clown Cartridge ||Firing Line |
|IKELOS_SG_v1.0.3 ||Energy Shotgun ||Corkscrew Rifling // Full Choke ||Extended Mag // Light Mag ||Feeding Frenzy ||One-Two Punch |
|Seventh Seraph Officer Revolver ||Kinetic Hand Cannon ||Arrowhead Brake // Full Bore ||Seraph Rounds // Accurized Rounds ||Air Assault ||High-Impact Reserves |
|Jararaca-3sr ||Kinetic Scout Rifle ||Chambered Compensator // Polygonal Rifling ||Appended Mag // Flared Magwell ||Fourth Time's the Charm ||Headstone |
|Marsilion-C ||Heavy Grenade Launcher ||Quick Launch // Smart Drift Control ||Proximity Grenades // Mini Frags ||Stats for All ||Impulse Amplifier |
|Name ||Description ||Cost |
|Goldleaf ||Equip this shader to change the color of your gear. ||10000 Glimmer |
|Echoes of Io ||Apply this shader to change the color of your gear. ||10000 Glimmer |
|Dead Orbit Vision ||Apply this shader to change the color of your gear. ||10000 Glimmer |
|Upgrade Module ||A collection of universal components that can be used to infuse power between gear items. Can be purchased from the Gunsmith or acquired from special reward sources. ||1 Enhancement Core & 10 Legendary Shards & 5000 Glimmer |
Eververse Bright Dust Offerings
|Name ||Description ||Type ||Cost |
|Concentrated Mattergem ||An Upgrade Module ionizer created from refined Mattergems. ||Consumable ||200 Bright Dust |
|Glimmershard ||A shard with the ability to generate Glimmer during combat. ||Consumable ||250 Bright Dust |
|Trap Setting || ||Emote ||3250 Bright Dust |
|Overcharged Shell || ||Ghost Shell ||2850 Bright Dust |
|Stasis Entrance ||Modifications for your ship's transmat systems, so you'll always arrive in style. ||Transmat Effect ||450 Bright Dust |
|Lion's Pride ||Equip this shader to change the color of your gear. ||Shader ||300 Bright Dust |
|Iridescent Coral ||Equip this shader to change the color of your gear. ||Shader ||300 Bright Dust |
|Pick a Card || ||Multiplayer Emote ||4250 Bright Dust |
|Limitless Subversion Grips ||Equip this ornament on any eligible Legendary armor item to change its appearance. Once you get a universal ornament, it's unlocked for all characters of the relevant class on your account. ||Hunter Universal Ornament ||1200 Bright Dust |
|Wanderer's Shell || ||Ghost Shell ||2850 Bright Dust |
|The Lone Howl || ||Vehicle ||2500 Bright Dust |
|Prometheus OSP || ||Ship ||2000 Bright Dust |
|Blooming Gilt ||Equip this weapon ornament to change the appearance of Osteo Striga. Once you get an ornament, it's unlocked for all characters on your account. ||Weapon Ornament ||1250 Bright Dust |
|Infinity Door Projection ||Equip this item to change your Ghost's projection. ||Ghost Projection ||1500 Bright Dust |
|Vibrant Beach ||Equip this shader to change the color of your gear. ||Shader ||300 Bright Dust |
|Gloamstrife ||Equip this shader to change the color of your gear. ||Shader ||300 Bright Dust |
|Transcendental Ambition ||Apply this shader to change the color of your gear. ||Shader ||300 Bright Dust |
|Erebos Glance ||Equip this shader to change the color of your gear. ||Shader ||300 Bright Dust |
|Plesiohedral State ||Modifications for your ship's transmat systems, so you'll always arrive in style. ||Transmat Effect ||450 Bright Dust |
|Signal Processed ||Modifications for your ship's transmat systems, so you'll always arrive in style. ||Transmat Effect ||450 Bright Dust |
|Harpy's Cry ||Modifications for your ship's transmat systems, so you'll always arrive in style. ||Transmat Effect ||450 Bright Dust |
Weekly Bounties Petra Venj, The Dreaming City
Eris Morn, Moon
|Name ||Description ||Cost ||Requirement ||Reward |
|Ascendant Challenge ||"The Awoken have long practiced the art of walking between worlds." —Techeun Kalli ||1500 Glimmer ||1 Ascendant challenge completed ||XP++ & Dark Fragment & Legendary Gear |
|Gateway Between Worlds ||"The Blind Well can split wide the veins that run between realities." —Techeun Sedia ||40 Dark Fragment ||10 Activity completions ||XP++ & Offering to the Oracle |
Lectern of Enchantment, Moon
|Name ||Description ||Cost ||Requirement ||Reward |
|Slow-Wave Disruption ||Complete waves of Altars of Sorrow in Sorrow's Harbor. ||1000 Glimmer ||7 Waves completed ||Hymn of Desecration |
|Lunar Spelunker ||Loot chests in 3 of the Moon's Lost Sectors. ||1000 Glimmer ||1 K1 Communion Lost Sector looted & 1 K1 Logistics Lost Sector looted & 1 K1 Crew Quarters Lost Sector looted ||1 Firewall Data Fragment |
|Name ||Description ||Cost ||Requirement ||Reward |
|Nightmare Hunter ||Defeat Nightmares in Nightmare Hunts. ||5 Phantasmal Fragment ||100 Nightmares ||XP++ & 1 Phantasmal Core |
|Nightmare Sojourner ||Defeat Nightmares in Lost Sectors across the solar system. Nightmares defeated on the Moon only grant reduced progress. ||5 Phantasmal Fragment ||100 Nightmares ||XP++ & 1 Phantasmal Core |
Shaw Han, Cosmodrome
|Name ||Description ||Cost ||Requirement ||Reward |
|Courageous Expedition ||On Europa, complete Lost Sectors, public events, and patrols. ||1000 Glimmer ||15 Progress ||XP++ |
|Controlled Experiment ||During the Empire Hunt "The Technocrat," defeat Praksis and earn points by defeating combatants with precision final blows. Higher difficulties grant more efficient progress. ||1000 Glimmer ||50 [Headshot] Precision & 1 Praksis, the Technocrat defeated ||XP++ |
|Name ||Description ||Cost ||Requirement ||Reward |
|Public Disturbance ||Complete public events on the Cosmodrome. Heroic public events grant the most efficient progress. ||1000 Glimmer ||3 Public events ||XP++ & Glimmer |
|Full Spectrum ||Defeat combatants on the Cosmodrome with Arc, Void, and Solar damage. ||1000 Glimmer ||25 [Arc] Arc & 25 [Void] Void & 25 [Solar] Solar ||XP++ & Glimmer |
|Name ||Description ||Cost ||Requirement ||Reward |
|Bring the Overkill ||Complete the following objectives in a single run of Dares of Eternity. Objectives will reset if not completed when the activity ends. Defeat combatants with your Super, disintegrate combatants with high-damage elemental final blows, and complete the activity with an impressive score. ||5 Strange Coin ||75 Super & 80 Disintegrations & 1 180000 Points ||2 Paraversal Haul & 1 Enhancement Core & XP++ & 50 Strange Favor |
|Pins Pulled ||Complete the following objectives in a single run of Dares of Eternity. Objectives will reset if not completed when the activity ends. Defeat combatants with grenade abilities or Grenade Launchers, rapidly defeat combatants, and complete the activity with an impressive score. ||5 Strange Coin ||110 Grenade final blows & 125 Rapidly defeated & 1 180000 Points ||2 Paraversal Haul & 1 Enhancement Core & XP++ & 50 Strange Favor |
|Tools of the Trade ||Complete the following objectives in a single run of Dares of Eternity on Legend difficulty. Objectives will reset if not completed when the activity ends. Defeat combatants while using abilities of any type, defeat combatants while using Energy or Power weapons, and complete the activity with a incredible score. ||7 Strange Coin ||80 Ability & 80 Energy or Power weapons & 1 300000 Points ||3 Paraversal Haul & 1 Enhancement Prism & XP++ & 150 Strange Favor |
|Name ||Description ||Cost ||Requirement ||Reward |
|Vex Incursion Countermeasures ||In the Vex Incursion Zone, defeat combatants using Strand to obtain Shellcode Fragments. Open a Terminal Overload Key Chest to obtain a Polymorphic Engine. ||1000 Glimmer ||8 Shellcode Fragments & 1 Polymorphic Engine ||XP++ & Polymorphic Shellcode |
|Name ||Description ||Objectives ||Rewards |
|All That Matters ||Complete Week 4 of the "We Stand Unbroken" quest. ||1 ||War Table Upgrade & Challenger XP+ |
|Cunning Liberator ||Defeat combatants in the Defiant Battlegrounds playlist using Energy weapons. Earn bonus progress if they also deal Void or Arc damage. ||75 Energy weapon ||War Table Upgrade & Challenger XP |
|Focused Defiance ||Decode or focus Defiant Engrams at the War Table during Season of Defiance. ||10 Defiant Engram ||War Table Upgrade & Challenger XP |
|Strandweaver ||Complete "The Final Strand" quest. Also, rapidly defeat combatants throughout Neomuna. Bonus for Sidearm final blows. ||1 The Final Strand & 100 Rapidly defeated combatants ||Challenger XP++ |
|Mod Collector ||Unlock artifact mods. ||12 Mods unlocked ||Challenger XP++ & Bright Dust |
|Momentum Crash ||Defeat Guardians in Momentum Control. Earn bonus progress with Zone Advantage. ||50 Guardians ||Challenger XP+ & Bright Dust |
|Razor's Edge ||Defeat targets with Swords, Bows, and Glaives in Gambit. Bonus progress for defeating Guardians. ||60 [Glaive] Glaive & 30 [Sword] Sword & 100 [Bow] Bow ||Challenger XP++ & Bright Dust |
|Darkest Nightfall ||Complete any Nightfall strike on Hero difficulty or higher. ||3 Nightfall ||Nightfall Weapon & Challenger XP+ & Bright Dust |
|Precision Calibration ||Calibrate marksman weapons—Scout Rifles, Sniper Rifles, and Linear Fusion Rifles—by landing precision final blows. Bonus progress against Guardians. ||200 Calibration ||Challenger XP+ & Bright Dust |
Notable Armor Rolls Only notable rolls (stat total >= 59 or single stat >= 26) are listed here.
|Class ||Name ||Vendor ||Type ||MOB ||RES ||REC ||DIS ||INT ||STR ||Total ||Cost |
|Titan ||Exodus Down Greaves ||Nessus ||Leg Armor ||26 ||2 ||2 ||2 ||6 ||19 ||57 ||25 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer |
|Warlock ||High-Minded Complex ||Ada-1 ||Leg Armor ||26 ||2 ||2 ||12 ||11 ||2 ||55 ||25 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer |
submitted by DTG_Bot
to DestinyTheGame [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 17:54 Longwinter1641 He came to me in a dream again.
So I was Childe's Fatui assistant/recruit or something and followed him around while he was packing my boxes. This was happening back before I moved I guess, because we were at my old house's driveway and loading things into my mom's big white car. Capitano showed up and I wanted to give them some alone time, so I sat down on the ground and pretended to be asleep. While they talked, Capitano did seem concerned that I was sleeping on the ground.
Later, we all got into the car; Childe was driving, Capitano was in the back left seat, and I was in the passenger seat. Childe said "This is how we drive in Snezhnaya!" First, he turned on a maximum volume playlist of metal remixes I don't remember the first song that came on, but I remember I hated it and switched two songs forward. Then he closed his eyes and slammed his foot on the gas. He drove completely normally.
Some time later, Childe's clothes get ruined (completely soaked with milk) and I say "Oh no, I have to burn these. Now I know how Ekaterina feels. She told me how to do this." Capitano says that to get the stains out, you wash in hot water and spin dry. I say "That's only with Snezhnaya detergent. In Liyue, you wash in cold water and air dry." So we take the clothes to a high Liyue mountain to dry. Then there's a gust of wind and the sun hats that they are suddenly wearing blow off and land on Cloud Retainer and Mountain Shaper. I wanted to take a picture to show people when I woke up, but my phone wasn't working and the disappointment is what jolted me awake.
submitted by Longwinter1641
to childemains [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 17:43 vvoweezowee [For Sale] Collection of JPN/OG/early reissue pressings of Jazz/Soul/Pop classics (Coltrane, Nina Simone, Herbie Hancock, Bill Evans, Kate Bush, etc.) + several markdowns from previous post
Selling lots of classics, many Japanese pressings in pristine shape. Info regarding pressing version, inserts, OBIs, and sound quality (if I had the chance to listen to it) are noted in the spreadsheet below: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q56B6gEH28roEyLT400zTw2Q9XXbwMta4nwHM8fQDrA/edit?usp=sharing Shipping is from Honolulu, Hawaii via media mail for an added $5 on the listed price. Shipping only to US. All opened records are packaged outside of their covers inside poly outer sleeves. LPs are placed in either antistatic rice-paper inner sleeves or plain white inner sleeves as opposed to their custom printed sleeves. This doesn't apply to sealed records. Note
: Shipping via media mail from Hawaii can take up to 4-8 weeks according to USPS. If you'd like to switch to Priority Shipping, I can come up with an accurate shipping quote depending on the records you purchase. Priority generally comes out to an average of $15, but again, it all depends on the titles you purchase. However, I so far haven't had any issues with media mail; Previous sales have taken a maximum of 3 weeks to arrive
Please feel free to reach out with any questions and requests for pictures if you're considering purchasing. I want to make sure we're all on the same page about the grading and hope that whichever record you're interested in meets your expectations.
- Abbey Lincoln - That's Him (E- / VG+) = $30.00
- Al Green - Livin' For You (VG+ / VG+) = $10.00
- Al Kooper Introduces Shuggie Otis - Kooper Session (VG+ / VG) = $10.00
- Albert Ayler Trio - Spiritual Unity (E / E-) = $35.00
- Archie Shepp - Four For Trane (E / E-) = $40.00
- Archie Shepp - Fire Music (VG / VG) = $40.00
- Aretha Franklin - I Never Loved A Man The Way I Love You (VG++ / VG++) = $30.00
- Aretha Franklin - Aretha Now (G+ / G+) = $10.00
- Aretha Franklin - Spirit In The Dark (VG / VG) = $20.00
- Arthur Lyman - Island Vibes (VG / VG+) = $50.00
- Bill Evans - Conversations With Myself (E- / E-) = $40.00
- Bill Evans - At The Montreux Jazz Festival (E / E-) = $40.00
- Blue Mitchell - Boss Horn (VG+ / VG+) = $45.00
- Bob Dylan - Self Portrait (VG+ / VG+) = $20.00
- Bob Dylan - Bob Dylan (G+ / G+) = $10.00
- Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited (VG+ / VG) = $15.00
- Bobbi Humphrey - Blacks And Blues (VG+ / VG+) = $35.00
- Bobby Caldwell - Cat In The Hat (E- / E) = $40.00
- Bobby Caldwell - Cat In The Hat (NM - Sealed / NM - Sealed) = $50.00 (Unsure which exact pressing)
- Bobby Lyle - The Genie (VG+ / G+) = $20.00
- Buckingham Nicks - Buckingham Nicks (VG / VG) = $40.00
- Cannonball Adderley - Somethin' Else (E / E-) = $65.00
- Change - Miracles (E / VG++) = $35.00
- Change - The Glow Of Love (VG / VG) = $15.00
- Charles Mingus - Oh Yeah (E / E-) = $35.00
- Charles Mingus - Blues & Roots (E / E-) = $40.00
- Charles Mingus - Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus (VG+ / VG+) = $70.00
- Chet Baker - Chet Baker Sings (E / E) = $70.00
- Curtis Mayfield - Curtis (E / E-) = $75.00
- David Bowie - "Heroes" = 英雄夢語り（ヒーローズ） (E / E-) = $60.00
- David Bowie - Low (E / VG++) = $60.00
- David Bowie - The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars (VG / VG) = $25.00
- David Bowie = David Bowie - Hunky Dory = ハンキー·ドリー (E / E-) = $70.00
- Deerhunter - Fading Frontier (M / M) = $20.00
- Duke Ellington & John Coltrane - Duke Ellington & John Coltrane (E / E) = $45.00
- Duke Ellington • Charles Mingus • Max Roach - Money Jungle (VG / F) = $40.00
- Duke Ellington And His Orchestra - Anatomy Of A Murder (VG / G+) = $15.00
- Eddie Kamae And The The Sons Of Hawaii - This Is Eddie Kamae (VG / VG+) = $20.00
- Ella Fitzgerald - Ella Fitzgerald Sings The Duke Ellington Song Book, Vol. 1 (VG+ / VG) = $20.00
- Ella Fitzgerald - Sings The Rodgers And Hart Song Book (VG+ / VG+) = $20.00
- Emitt Rhodes - Emitt Rhodes (VG / VG) = $20.00
- Evelyn King - I'm In Love (VG / VG+) = $15.00
- Fela Kuti And Africa 70 - Zombie (VG+ / VG+) = $40.00
- Fela Kuti And Africa 70 With Ginger Baker - Live! (VG / G) = $40.00
- Frank Ocean - Endless (SEALED (Presumably M) / SEALED / VG++) = $380.00
- Frank Zappa - Waka / Jawaka - Hot Rats (VG+ / VG+) = $20.00
- Freddie Hubbard / Stanley Turrentine With Ron Carter, Herbie Hancock, Jack DeJohnette, Eric Gale - In Concert Volume One (VG+ / VG+) = $15.00
- Gene Harris - Astralsignal (VG / VG) = $45.00
- Graham Nash - Songs For Beginners (VG+ / VG) = $5.00
- Gram Parsons - Grievous Angel (VG / VG) = $20.00
- Hank Mobley - Workout (E / E) = $60.00
- Hank Mobley - A Caddy For Daddy (VG+ / VG+) = $50.00
- Happy End - 風街ろまん (E / E) = $80.00
- Herbie Hancock - Takin' Off (E / E) = $50.00
- Herbie Hancock - Fat Albert Rotunda (VG / VG) = $45.00
- Herbie Hancock = Herbie Hancock - Maiden Voyage = 処女航海 (E / VG+) = $50.00
- Horace Silver - Horace Silver Trio (VG+ / VG+) = $35.00
- Howlin' Wolf - Howling Wolf Sings The Blues (VG / G) = $40.00
- Jaco Pastorius - Jaco Pastorius (E- / VG++) = $35.00
- João Gilberto - The Boss of the Bossa Nova (VG / VG) = $30.00
- John Coltrane - Transition (E- / E-) = $40.00
- John Coltrane - Coltrane's Sound (E- / E-) = $40.00
- John Coltrane - Coltrane Jazz (E / E) = $40.00
- John Coltrane - Blue Train (E / E-) = $70.00
- John Coltrane - Kulu Sé Mama (Juno Sé Mama) (G+ / G+) = $15.00
- John Coltrane - Blue Train (VG+ / NM) = $25.00
- John Coltrane - Meditations (VG / VG) = $40.00
- John Coltrane - Ascension (Edition I) (VG / VG) = $75.00
- John Coltrane - A Love Supreme (VG / VG) = $40.00
- John Coltrane - Expression (VG / VG) = $40.00
- John Fahey - Volume 1 / Blind Joe Death (VG+ / VG) = $25.00
- John Fahey - The Best Of John Fahey 1959 - 1977 (VG+ / VG+) = $20.00
- John Tropea - Short Trip To Space (VG+ / VG) = $15.00
- Johnny Cash - Johnny Cash At San Quentin (VG / VG) = $15.00
- Joni Mitchell - Blue (VG / G+) = $20.00
- Kalapana - Kalapana II (E / E-) = $30.00
- Kamasi Washington - The Epic (NM / NM) = $100.00
- Kate Bush - The Kick Inside = 天使と小悪魔 (E / E-) = $45.00
- Kate Bush - The Dreaming (E / E-) = $40.00
- Kate Bush - The Whole Story (E / E-) = $50.00
- Kate Bush - Hounds Of Love (VG+ / VG+) = $85.00
- Kate Bush - Never For Ever = 魔物語 (E / E-) = $40.00
- Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly (NM / NM) = $25.00
- Kendrick Lamar - Untitled Unmastered. (M / M) = $90.00
- Kevin I. - Kevin I. (VG / VG+) = $40.00
- King Crimson - Red (VG / VG) = $20.00
- King Crimson - Starless And Bible Black (VG+ / VG) = $20.00
- Leonard Cohen - Ten New Songs (VG+ / VG+) = $45.00
- Leonard Kwan And Raymond Kane - Slack Key Guitar In Stereo (VG+ / VG+) = $25.00
- LeRoy Hutson - Hutson (VG / VG+) = $30.00
- LeRoy Hutson Featuring The Free Spirit Symphony - Feel The Spirit (VG / VG) = $30.00
- Lonnie Liston Smith And The Cosmic Echoes - Expansions (VG+ / VG+) = $40.00
- Lonnie Liston Smith And The Cosmic Echoes - Visions Of A New World (VG / VG+) = $35.00
- Lonnie Liston Smith And The Cosmic Echoes - Renaissance (VG / VG) = $35.00
- Lou Reed - Transformer (VG / G+) = $20.00
- Louis Prima Featuring Keely Smith With Sam Butera And The Witnesses - The Wildest! (VG / VG) = $25.00
- Mac Demarco - Another (Demo) One (NM / NM) = $30.00
- Marc Benno - Minnows (VG / VG) = $20.00
- Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - Watchout! (VG+ / VG+) = $20.00
- Marvin Gaye - How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You (E / E-) = $40.00
- Marvin Gaye - I Want You (E- / E-) = $45.00
- Marvin Gaye - Marvin Gaye Live! (E / E-) = $40.00
- Marvin Gaye - What's Going On (E / E-) = $65.00
- Marvin Gaye = Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On = レッツ·ゲット·イット·オン (E / E-) = $40.00
- Max Romeo & The Upsetters - War Ina Babylon (VG / VG) = $25.00
- McCoy Tyner - Live At Newport (VG / VG) = $40.00
- Merry Clayton - Merry Clayton (VG / G+) = $15.00
- Michael Jackson - Thriller (VG / VG+) = $10.00
- Miles Davis - Miles Davis (E- / VG+) = $45.00
- Miles Davis - Agharta = アガルタの凱歌 (E- / E-) = $50.00
- Miles Davis - On The Corner (E / E) = $50.00
- Miles Davis - Sketches Of Spain (VG / VG+) = $25.00
- Miles Davis - A Tribute To Jack Johnson (VG+ / VG+) = $25.00
- Miles Davis - In A Silent Way (VG+ / VG) = $25.00
- Miles Davis + 19, Gil Evans - Miles Ahead (VG+ / VG+) = $20.00
- Milt Jackson - Sunflower (VG+ / VG) = $20.00
- Mtume - Juicy Fruit (VG+ / VG+) = $20.00
- Ned Doheny - Hard Candy (E- / E-) = $40.00
- Nina Simone - Little Girl Blue (E- / E-) = $60.00
- Nina Simone - Forbidden Fruit - Nina Simone Collections Vol. 1 (E / E-) = $45.00
- Nina Simone - Here Comes The Sun (E / E-) = $45.00
- Nina Simone - Baltimore (VG / VG+) = $45.00
- Nina Simone - Pastel Blues (E- / E-) = $65.00
- Nina Simone - I Put A Spell On You (VG / VG) = $65.00
- Nina Simone - Silk & Soul (G+ / G+) = $30.00
- Oliver Nelson - More Blues And The Abstract Truth (VG- / VG+) = $20.00
- Ornette Coleman - The Shape Of Jazz To Come (E- / VG++) = $40.00
- Otis Redding - Otis Blue / Otis Redding Sings Soul (E / E-) = $45.00
- Otis Redding - The Dock Of The Bay (E / E-) = $45.00
- Patrice Rushen - Posh (VG / VG) = $20.00
- Philip Glass - Koyaanisqatsi (Life Out Of Balance) (Original Soundtrack Album From The Motion Picture) (VG++ / VG+) = $30.00
- Philip Glass - Glassworks (VG+ / VG+) = $30.00
- Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon (VG+ / P) = $40.00
- Prince - Sign "O" The Times (E / E-) = $70.00
- Prince - 1999 (VG- / VG+) = $15.00
- R.E.M. - Reckoning (VG+ / VG+) = $25.00
- Ramsey Lewis - Mother Nature's Son (VG / VG+) = $35.00
- Ray Charles - Yes Indeed! (VG / VG) = $10.00
- Ray Charles - The Genius Of Ray Charles (VG / VG+) = $15.00
- Robert Wyatt - Ruth Is Stranger Than Richard (VG++ / E-) = $30.00
- Roland Kirk - The Inflated Tear (E- / E-) = $35.00
- Roland Kirk - I Talk With The Spirits (E / E-) = $45.00
- Ronnie Laws - Pressure Sensitive (VG+ / VG) = $10.00
- Rotary Connection - Aladdin (VG+ / VG) = $10.00
- Roxy Music - For Your Pleasure (VG+ / VG+) = $20.00
- Roy Ayers Ubiquity - Everybody Loves The Sunshine (VG+ / VG+) = $60.00
- Ryuichi Sakamoto - Neo Geo (VG+ / VG+) = $15.00
- Ryuichi Sakamoto Featuring Robin Scott - Left Handed Dream (VG+ / VG+) = $15.00
- Sandy Bull - Inventions (VG+ / VG) = $15.00
- Sonny Rollins - Way Out West (E / E-) = $40.00
- Sonny Rollins - The Bridge (E / E-) = $40.00
- Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus (VG / VG) = $50.00
- St. Vincent - Strange Mercy (NM / NM) = $20.00
- St. Vincent - St. Vincent (NM / NM) = $90.00
- Stan Getz / João Gilberto Featuring Antonio Carlos Jobim - Getz / Gilberto (VG / VG) = $10.00
- Steely Dan - Aja (G+ / VG) = $15.00
- Steve Reich - Music For 18 Musicians (VG+ / VG+) = $50.00
- Steve Reich - The Desert Music (VG+ / VG+) = $20.00
- Steve Reich / Richard Maxfield / Pauline Oliveros - New Sounds In Electronic Music (Come Out / Night Music / I Of IV) (VG / VG) = $45.00
- Stevie Wonder - Hotter Than July (VG / VG) = $10.00
- Stevie Wonder - Signed Sealed & Delivered (NM - Sealed / NM - Sealed) = $40.00
- Stevie Wonder - Talking Book (VG / VG) = $10.00
- Stevie Wonder - Innervisions (G+ / VG+) = $10.00
- Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour (VG+ / VG) = $20.00
- Suburban Lawns - Baby (VG+ / VG+) = $20.00
- Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell (NM / NM) = $20.00
- Sufjan Stevens - Chicago (Demo) (NM / Generic) = $25.00
- Syd Barrett - The Madcap Laughs (M / M) = $25.00
- T. Rex - Electric Warrior (E / E-) = $45.00
- Talking Heads - Remain In Light (E / E-) = $45.00
- Tame Impala - Currents (NM / NM) = $65.00
- Tame Impala - Tame Impala (NM / NM) = $100.00
- Tenement - Bruised Music, Vol.2 (NM / NM) = $5.00
- Terry Riley - Shri Camel (VG+ / VG+) = $30.00
- Terry Riley - In C (VG / VG) = $30.00
- Terry Riley - A Rainbow In Curved Air (VG / No Cover) = $5.00
- The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds / Carl And The Passions – So Tough (VG+ / G+) = $15.00
- The Beach Boys - Sunflower (VG+ / VG+) = $25.00
- The Beach Boys - The Beach Boys Today! (VG / VG) = $10.00
- The Beatles - The Beatles (VG+ / VG) = $20.00
- The Beatles - Please Please Me (VG+ / VG+) = $30.00
- The Beatles - The Beatles (VG+ / G++) = $60.00
- The Bill Evans Trio - Portrait In Jazz (E / E-) = $55.00
- The Bill Evans Trio - Waltz For Debby (E / VG++) = $60.00
- The Bill Evans Trio = The Bill Evans Trio - Explorations = エクスプロレイションズ (E / E-) = $40.00
- The Bill Evans Trio Featuring Scott LaFaro - Sunday At The Village Vanguard (E / E) = $65.00
- The Brothers & Sisters (2) - Dylan's Gospel (VG / VG) = $20.00
- The Clash - Sandinista! (VG+ / VG+) = $25.00
- The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out (VG / VG+) = $15.00
- The Fall - Cruiser's Creek (VG+ / VG+) = $10.00
- The Gabby Pahinui Hawaiian Band - The Gabby Pahinui Hawaiian Band (VG / VG) = $15.00
- The Horace Silver Quintet - Song For My Father (Cantiga Para Meu Pai) (E- / E-) = $50.00
- The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced (G+ / VG) = $10.00
- The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland (VG+ / VG+) = $30.00
- The John Coltrane Quartet - Africa / Brass (E- / E-) = $40.00
- The John Coltrane Quartet With McCoy Tyner, Jimmy Garrison & Elvin Jones - Ballads (E- / VG+) = $40.00
- The Kinks - The Kink Kronikles (VG+ / VG+) = $25.00
- The Kinks - Arthur Or The Decline And Fall Of The British Empire (VG / VG) = $25.00
- The Makaha Sons Of Ni'ihau - No Kristo (VG+ / VG+) = $30.00
- The Miles Davis Quintet - Cookin' With The Miles Davis Quintet (E / E-) = $40.00
- The Miles Davis Sextet / The Miles Davis Quintet - Miles At Newport (VG+ / VG) = $10.00
- The Mothers - Uncle Meat (VG+ / VG) = $25.00
- The Mothers - We're Only In It For The Money (VG+ / VG+) = $25.00
- The Ornette Coleman Trio - At The "Golden Circle" Stockholm - Volume One (VG / VG) = $45.00
- The Pop Group - Y (E / E-) = $40.00
- The Pretty Things - Parachute (NM / NM) = $20.00
- The Rolling Stones - Aftermath (VG / VG) = $15.00
- The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet (VG / VG+) = $15.00
- The Rolling Stones - Exile On Main St. (VG+ / VG+) = $35.00
- The Sons Of Hawaii - The Folk Music Of Hawaii (E / E) = $20.00
- The Thelonious Monk Quartet - Monk's Dream (VG+ / VG+) = $30.00
- The Turtles - Present The Battle Of The Bands (VG / VG) = $15.00
- The Velvet Underground - Live At Max's Kansas City (VG+ / VG+) = $15.00
- The Velvet Underground - White Light/White Heat (E / E) = $50.00
- The Velvet Underground - VU (VG+ / VG) = $30.00
- The West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band - Part One (VG- / VG) = $45.00
- The Who - Live At Leeds (VG+ / VG+) = $15.00
- The Who - A Quick One (E / VG++) = $20.00
- The Witch Trials - The Witch Trials (VG / VG) = $10.00
- Thelma Houston - Summer Nights (M / M) = $15.00
- Thelonious Monk - Monk. (VG+ / VG+) = $25.00
- Thelonious Monk Septet - Monk's Music (VG+ / VG+) = $40.00
- Tom Waits - Rain Dogs (VG++ / VG++) = $80.00
- Various - Even A Tree Can Shed Tears: Japanese Folk & Rock 1969-1973 (M / M) = $55.00
- Various - A Christmas Gift For You From Philles Records (G+ / G+) = $30.00
- Various - The Harder They Come (Original Soundtrack Recording) (VG / VG) = $20.00
- Violent Femmes - Violent Femmes (VG+ / VG) = $40.00
- William Onyeabor - Atomic Bomb (NM / NM) = $25.00
- Wilson Pickett - The Exciting Wilson Pickett (VG / VG+) = $10.00
- XTC - Oranges & Lemons (VG+ / VG+) = $25.00
- Yellow Magic Orchestra - BGM (E- / E-) = $35.00
- Yellow Magic Orchestra = Yellow Magic Orchestra - Solid State Survivor = ソリッド·ステイト·サヴァイヴァー (E / E) = $35.00
- Yumi Arai = Yumi Arai - Misslim = ミスリム (E / VG+) = $45.00
submitted by vvoweezowee
to VinylCollectors [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 17:07 MjolnirPants Jerry and the Apocalypse: Part 53
Part 52 Glenda Wilmington, Kinda Digging This Whole Cop Gig
"If you hear anything else, give me a call," Glenda said, handing the woman a business card with her cellphone number on it. The woman accepted it and then squinted skeptically at it.
"Cooperation with an investigation is the sort of thing that parole boards like to hear about," Glenda said in response to the woman's look. That seemed to do the trick. The woman slipped the card into her ample cleavage and met Glenda's eyes.
"I will call. I have no loyalty to that man." Her sing-song Norwegian accent, as well as her tall, thick frame and bright, yellow-blonde hair contrasted with the environment; a run-down housing project in the heart of Compton. But housing for convicted felons on parole was limited, and she'd had few choices in this area. Glenda wondered idly why the woman hadn't elected to return to Norway, where they tended to be a bit more sympathetic to ex-cons. The woman, Duke's one-time head channeler, didn't seem prepared to answer any more questions, however.
Glenda nodded and stepped back. The woman took a step outside, careful to keep the foot with the ankle monitor inside the door and took a look around before withdrawing back into the house. Glenda turned and walked down the steps off the creaky wooden porch and back to the rental car, where Jack dozed lightly in the passenger seat, his cowboy hat pulled low over his eyes. She climbed behind the wheel, trying not to wake him, and started the engine.
He woke anyways. Jack had always been a very light sleeper. He turned his head slightly towards her, not adjusting the hat at all.
"Anything?" he asked. Glenda shook her head. "Nobody's heard from him. I think it's safe to say he's not looking to connect with any of his old associates, at this point."
"Ayup," Jack agreed. Glenda pulled away, heading north, towards the 105 that would take them back to the airport. They were done here. As she drove, she couldn't help but note the scowling, suspicious faces that turned to watch them. She took in the low, chain-link fences that separated yards, the equally low concrete block walls that surrounded paved driveways. The odd mix of Spanish colonial and more traditional American architecture was like a sign. It told her that she could find a bag of the white lady, a bag of weed, or a bag of something more exotic here. She could find a gang, beefing with another gang, and maybe convince one side to pay her to make someone on the other side vanish.
It was almost nostalgic.
They passed a tan-painted Spanish colonial house with a faux wrought-iron fence, and she knew right away that a dealer lived there. The child's play set in the front had never been touched by anything more careless than the wind and rain. The SUV in the driveway might have belonged to a small family, except for the large speakers she could see through the rear window. The tint on the windows of both car and home added to the effect. The kicker, though, was the white-haired, middle-aged man stepping out the front door to squint suspiciously around before heading back up the street in the direction of the channeler's home, where Glenda had spotted him walking this way just a few minutes ago.
Without bothering to ask anyone, she could say with confidence that whoever lived there sold mainly cocaine, but he also had cheap weed for those who couldn't afford the prices at the dispensary. He'd have rocks too, but he probably wouldn't sell them to you if you knew where he lived. He'd sell them on the weekends, manning a street corner, alongside a thug from whatever gang he ran with or paid tribute to.
Everyone knew they were cops, of course. Years of living in rural Canada had faded Glenda's tan and affected her fashion choices. Once, she'd have moved through an area like this in gym shorts, sneakers and a faded old t-shirt with the sleeves cut off. Showing off enough muscle to make the usual idiots think twice about harassing her, but not showing off so much skin than people might take her for a street worker with a schtick. Today, she drove in blue jeans, hiking boots and a flannel shirt. Next to her, Jack wore the same, complimented with a denim jacket. Only a couple of cops would dress like that in this neighborhood.
Though that wasn't strictly true -Jack's jurisdiction ended many hundreds of miles north of here- it might as well be. They were private investigators, working on behalf of the federal government, who was footing the bill for Dylan's recapture. Whether or not they were technically considered law enforcement officers depended entirely upon their needs and some paperwork. So far, they hadn't needed any LEO powers.
As she turned onto the 105 and marginally sped up in the dense traffic of the highway, Jack's phone rang. He begrudgingly lifted the brim of his hat up, squinting in the bright daylight at his screen. Apparently satisfied with what he saw there, he hit the accept button and pressed the phone to his ear.
"S'Jack," he said, then he listened for a bit.
"Ayup," he said. He glanced out the window, then covered the tiny mic at the bottom of the phone. "Get off the highway," he said to Glenda. She nodded and put on her turn signal, eyes searching for a chance to get over. A minivan in the next lane, slightly ahead of them, promptly slowed down to pace them.
"Awwright," he drawled into the phone. "We'll check it out. 'Preciate the heads up. Take care, now."
He pulled the phone away from his ear and tapped the screen again before slipping it back into his pocket jacket.
"That was intel. Said that a bank account belonging to one Dylan Boucher just got emptied by a wire transfer to one Derek Garcia. Just a hair over ten grand. Transfer woulda taken place about a week ago, intel didn't pick up on it until it cleared."
"Garcia, that's the one that calls himself the 'Planewalker', right?"
"Ayup," Jack said. Glenda finally got tired of trying to get behind the minivan and sped up to cut him off, instead. Jack could see that it was being driven by a heavily tattooed white kid with dredlocks. He honked and flipped them off, but she ignored him. She'd had her turn signal on, and tried to get behind him, but he had slowed down and sped up to block her.
Out of pure spite, she tapped the brakes a few times.
Jack bounced forward against his seatbelt as she did and gave her a dirty look. She smiled sweetly at him. "What? That's how you drive around here. You used to live in Atlanta, you've got to know this by now."
"We didn't generally make an effort to piss people off in Atlanta," he grumbled. Glenda turned onto the ramp to get off on Crenshaw, heading south.
Glenda scoffed. "Now you're just lying. I've been to Atlanta. Worst drivers in the bottom half of the country by far."
"You sure about that?" Jack said, eyeing the rear-view mirror. Glenda glanced up to see the minivan still behind them, the driver jabbing his finger at them and ranting.
"Huh," she said. "Maybe this fucker's about to prove me wrong."
"Well, we need to get gas anyways, if we're driving all the way down to San Clemente," Jack said. "Might as well pull over at the first station we see and get it over with."
Glenda chuckled, mostly at what the angry man behind her was about to experience and kept her eyes peeled for a gas station.
The minivan never wavered, staying behind her through multiple lane changes, all the way down to Artesia Boulevard, where she finally found a Shell station. She pulled in and pulled up to a pump.
"You wanna have a white knight moment, or is today an 'equality of the sexes' day?" Glenda asked as the minivan pulled in behind them and stopped, blocking the entrance.
"Sheeeit," Jack drawled. "I mean, I guess I'll handle him if ya want..." He unbuckled his seatbelt and opened his door as the irate young metalhead stomped towards them. He made sure to be outside the car by the time the kid got within angry dick-measuring distance.
"What the fuck is your bitch's problem, asshole?!" the young man demanded. Jack didn't answer, he simply strode forward, within striking distance. Normally, Jack liked to deliver a good, bone-chilling threat, followed up by taking a more reasonable tone as he continued to stare through whomever was causing problems and imagine himself blowing their head off as he de-escalated the situation. It was a tactic that had served him well, many times. But today, Jack was tired.
He'd been hunting Dylan down for weeks now, and only just got their first promising lead as this little shit had gone out of his way to stop them from changing lanes for no discernible reason. So Jack simply slugged the kid right in the nose. He caught him off guard and sent the kid sprawling onto his ass. Before he could gather himself back up, Jack kicked him in the chest with the sole of his boot and drew his large revolver. He crouched down, boot still pinning the kid to the ground, and held the gun casually where the kid could see it.
"You know what a turn signal means?" he asked calmly. The kid's eyes went wide as he spotted the gun.
"Y-y-yeah," he stammered.
"Good. Ya had a little lapse of judgement there. Ya might wanna see to that." Jack stood, holstering his gun and walked back over to open the gas cover and insert the company credit card into the pump. He picked the mid-grade and inserted the fuel handle, locking the valve open before he turned back.
The kid was still sitting there, wiping blood from his mouth where his nose was bleeding. "They oughta have napkins inside," Jack told him mildly. "They're usually by the hot dogs."
Jack filled the tank while the kid picked himself up and went inside. A cop arrived a few minutes later, stopping in the entrance that the kid was blocking and turning his lights on. The cop stepped out and walked around the minivan and into the gas station.
Jack waited for the tank to fill, then replaced the nozzle and climbed back in the car.
"You wanna stick around?" Glenda asked. "Shoot the shit with the locals, make sure the kid gets the short end?"
"Naw," Jack said. "Read about the LA cops. Not exactly whom I'd like to consider comrades-in-arms, if you catch my meaning."
Glenda shrugged and they pulled out right as the kid and the cop both emerged back into the parking lot. Glenda thought the cop look pissed and the kid looked dejected.
They got on the 405 and drove it down to California 73, then took that south to Interstate 5, which brought them to San Clemente an hour later. Glenda got off the highway and turned into a neighborhood full of upscale, tightly-packed Spanish colonial homes. Unlike Compton, most of the yards weren't fenced, and those that were tended towards white picket fences. The lawns were universally well-cared for and nobody looked twice at them as they drove through the neighborhood and up to the address highlighted on the GPS.
It was a small, modest-looking home with a distinctly 70's asthetic. It didn't match most of the tile-roofed, square walled homes around it, but it hardly stood out, either. A BMW sat in the driveway, framed by a pair of shaped topiary trees. It looked like something off the cover of some homemaking magazine, Glenda thought.
They parked on the street and climbed out.
"The air is crackling with magic," Glenda said. "He's in there, doing something right now."
Jack walked up and pounded on the door. Glenda held up a hand, fingers splayed. Jack would understand what she meant. The magic was currently at a five, and she'd let him know if it diminished, and by approximately how much.
She kept her hand still for a while as nobody answered the door. Five minutes passed before Jack turned to her.
"Okay, this is your gig, now," he said. He walked back to the car, opening the trunk to reveal the bound, squirming and sweating Caliope there. He yanked her gag down and fed her from a water bottle.
"Been a long drive, ain't it?" he asked, conversationally. Caliope sucked greedily at the bottle, managing to drink every drop that didn't get splashed into the trunk.
"Fuck you," she muttered weakly. Jack smiled. "Looks to me like you're the one what's fucked, darlin'. Guess you shouldn'ta gone and fucked with your sister's collar like that. I mean, if you'd played by the rules, we'd have overlooked the whole issue of you not actually being any help whatsoever, and taken your good faith efforts as enough to fill your end. But ya had to go behind our backs, causing trouble. So now you're stuck in a trunk until we get back to the airport."
"Fuck you," she gasped again.
"'Scuse me," Jack said, reaching past her for an armored vest. He pulled it out and tugged it over his head, getting the flaps velcroed in place and adjusting it. When he was done, he pulled Caliope's gag back up.
"Awright, girl, you jes sit tight while we check this out. Won't be but a little bit, then we'll be heading to the airport."
She tried to say something, but the gag turned it into a muffled wail. Jack smiled as he closed the trunk and returned to the front door. Glenda stood there, watching him, fully kitted up with her armor and a carbine in her hands.
"Ready," Jack said. Glenda turned and, without preamble, kicked the door open with a thunderous blow. She rushed inside, rifle up and leading the way, Jack hot on her heels. Neither made it very far, though.
The living room had been converted into a ritual chamber. The walls were festooned with runes and the twisting lines that connected them. The floor had a large, ornate circle in the middle, runes etched into it and twisting, spiral designs encasing the whole thing. But that wasn't what gave them pause.
In the middle of the circle hovered a shimmering mirage, through which Glenda could see a city. It looked like something out of a sci-fi film, all rounded corners and smooth, off-white concrete. The windows in the buildings were mirrored, or else none of them had lights on inside, because they all reflected a sunrise coming from behind the view.
"What the hell's that?" Jack asked. Glenda carefully felt the magic around the apparition. "I think it's a portal."
"Okay, so where does it go, do ya think?"
"I haven't got a clue. I don't recognize that city."
"Kinda looks like Mos Eisley, a hundred years after they found oil or something," Glenda said.
"Think that's what Dylan was paying for? A trip to wherever that is?"
"Looks like," Glenda mused. "We're gonna need to call this in."
"Ayup. Let's clear the house, first."
They did just that. They found a den set up in one of the bedrooms, an obviously-lived-in kitchen and a master bedroom used for its intended purposes. In the last bedroom, they found an arsenal and storage space. It was full of survival and camping gear, weapons and ammo.
"Missing rifle," Jack said, peering at a gun rack.
"Yup," Glenda agreed. She opened an ammo tin. It was only half full.
"Somebody geared up here," she said.
Jack sighed. "Let's call it in, then. We'll hand over our little helper when the backup gets here."
It took two hours to get a team there, mostly because the LA regional office was all the way up in Burbank. But they eventually arrived. Two security officers took Caliope off their hands, to bring her back to prison. They brought another collar, to replace the modified wet blanket spell Glenda had been holding since the riot. It hadn't seemed like a lot of effort to hold the spell in place, but as soon as she finally let it go, she felt a wave of relief.
"Julie sent some extras along," the leader of the relief force told Glenda once Caliope had been seen to. She'd already spotted the two middle-eastern men in different uniforms than the rest. She thought she recognized the older one.
"We'll take all the help we can get. Any of you boys willing to go jaunting across reality with us?" The man chuckled. "No, thanks. Besides, we've got orders to secure this building and wait for the feds. Gonna see if there's anything illegal here, so we can nab this Garcia fellow as soon as he gets back."
Glenda nodded, then looked at the two middle-eastern men. She jerked her head in a 'come here' gesture and they stepped forward.
"Glenda, right?" the older one asked, holding out a hand.
"Yup," she said as she took it. He shook firmly, then let go. "I am Aqib, and this is my assistant, Mateen. We've been running around, helping out where we can for months now. It seems it is your turn to accept our assistance."
"Either of you got any magic?" Glenda asked. Mateen hefted his rifle and then tapped his body armor. "All of our gear is enchanted. We have rings, as well," he held up a hand bedecked with silver bands. "They will help us heal from injuries and allow us to see in the dark and other such useful things."
"Good, good," she said, then stopped. Aqib. That name rang a bell. She squinted at the middle-aged man.
"You were at the Wyrm facility when we took it," she said. "About six years ago." He nodded.
"I was with your friend when she fell. She saved my life," he said. Glenda nodded. "I remember that. I'm glad you're still here, then. Glad you're with us. I, uh..." She stopped speaking before she got choked up and cleared her throat.
"Are you two ready?" she asked.
"We have our gear," Aqib said, nodding at a pair of large backpacks leaning against one of the DCM branded trucks. "Camping gear, food and water for three days. Spare ammo, tools. We were told you had much more supplies yourself."
"Yup. I've got fresh food, enough for a couple of weeks for the four of us. Plus a couple months worth of dehydrated foods, MRE's and other food that'll keep for a while. I've got water and other shit to drink, camping gear, etcetera, etcetera. As long as you guys brought your own tents, we're golden."
"That is good," Aqib said.
"Do you have battery packs?" Mateen asked.
"Battery packs?" Glenda responded.
"Yes, for phones and other electronics. To keep them charged. I have a solar recharger, but it takes a long time, and it isn't always convenient to set it up."
Glenda shook her head. "Nope. Never been much for carrying a bunch of electronics around. Besides, I doubt our phones will work, where we're going."
Aqib grinned at his companion. "No video games until we're done, Mateen," he said. Mateen rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah."
"Mateen is still a child at heart, even though he has children of his own," Aqib explained as he stepped forward to get a good look at the portal, still hovering in the middle of the room.
"As long as he can fight," Glenda said. Jack approached, finished with the field paperwork. He had a backpack slung over one shoulder, and a rifle slung over the other. He still wore his armor.
"He fights like a cornered dog," Aqib said mildly. At Glenda's quirked eyebrow, he clarified. "He is very fierce."
"Good," Glenda said. She turned to Jack and gave him a quick kiss. "We ready?"
"Ayup," Jack confirmed. "All the paperwork's done, we're good to go."
Glenda pushed past Mateen and Aqib as they moved to pick up their packs. "I'll take them," she said. Mateen frowned, but Aqib simply nodded and stood back. She grabbed both packs and sent them to hammerspace, accepting Jack's pack and giving it the same treatment. Mateen shook his head slowly, but Aqib seemed unimpressed.
"Okay, let's boogie," Glenda said and strode through the portal before she could work up any doubts.
"None of 'em rotted," Jack said. "They're all mummified. All the plants are dead, but none of them are rotted, either." He stood in what seemed like a small park, a few trees growing in clusters at the four corners, and an open field of dead grass in the middle. Bodies lay strewn about, adults and children alike. Many lay draped over the benches, or slumped in a pile in front of them. One cluster of small bodies had a large, rubber-ish ball laying next to them, as if they'd died in the middle of some sort of game.
Glenda eyed the surroundings. They hadn't encountered a single living being in the hours they'd been moving through this city. "What do you think happened here?" she asked.
"I'll be honest, I ain't got a fucking clue, darlin'," Jack said. They stood in silence for a bit, reflecting on what they'd seen and wondering about it. An entire city, dead. No signs of decay, except for rusted metal. Glenda had seen large piles of rust that she took to be cars, based on the plastic and ceramic components still in them, along with the bodies. An entire city, dead. And yet the bodies remained. They'd held up better than the metal, for sure.
Mateen came around a corner at a jog and made a beeline for them. "Aqib has found something, a fresh body. Recently killed."
"Lead the way," Glenda told him. They followed him back around the corner, two blocks down and then around another corner, where they found Aqib standing over a bloody, headless corpse, resting against a building under a sign written in a language Glenda didn't recognize.
"Sheeit," Jack said as they drew up. "That's certainly out of place. Wonder where his head got to."
"Over here," Mateen said. He gestured to what looked like a bus stop with a trash can next to it. There, fetched up against the trash can was a severed head. A sparse trail of blood led from the body to it. Glenda walked over and crouched down, peering at the head.
"I think this is Garcia," she said. She pulled the photo she had of the man from hammerspace, checking it against the head.
"I think you're right," Jack said, peering over her shoulder. "And the chopped off head. That sounds like something Dylan would do."
"I think we're on the right track then," Glenda said. "But how do we know what direction he went?"
She straightened up as they all looked around. Nothing stood out to them.
A moment later, a terrifying roar sounded from off in the distance. They all turned towards it, weapons rising.
"I do not like that, but I think we know what direction to check now," Aqib said.
"'Fraid I gotta agree with ya," Jack said.
submitted by MjolnirPants
to JerryandtheGoddesses [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 17:02 electrocity2 Dawlance mega t pro
Electrocity offers the best Dawlance Mega T Pro
during the summer months, which can be extremely hot. The requirement for an air conditioner in Pakistan (Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad and numerous others. ) is essential for all. A cooling system that is efficient is one of the most sought-after home appliances in Pakistan that allows you to enjoy the luxury that comes with living to the in the highest level. The price of air conditioners is according to the types and designs of ACs like Inverter ACs and DC-driven cooling units. They are popular due to their energy efficient designs, which implies that they are more costly than conventional models of air cooling units. Because of the increasing popularity of air conditioners and the increasing demands, there is a wide range of brands that produce air conditioners. These models are outfitted with the latest technology and specifications. Electrocity provides high-efficiency models both in terms of quality and cost and also cooling capabilities. This is the reason why you must choose one of the best AC to enjoy the smoothest cooling experience at home or at work. You'll feel the safety that comes with the AC which is made by one of the most reputable brands available online. AC manufactures its products in Pakistan. Dawlance AC has exclusive features Heating & Cool, Auto Restart, Auto Hygiene and Health Filters. Multiple Programming Features (Timer) as well as 4-way air swung and High Ambient Operation. LVS Function Gentle Air and Sleep Mode indoor unit cooling operating Band (deg C) The Electro City store is available online. Electro City store. Highlights:-
Dawlance AC has exclusive features Heat & Cool, Auto Restart, Auto Hygiene, Health Filters, Multiple Programming Feature (Timer), 4 Way Air Swing, High Ambient Operation, LVS Function, Gentle Air, Sleep Mode, Indoor Unit Cooling Operating Range (° C), Condenser Fin/Evaporator At the online Electro City store.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form Features:
· Strong Cooling in High Ambient Temperatures
· Perfectly blend with Design, Cooling Performance and Self Cleaning feature
· An AC for all Seasons
· Heat & Cool
· Cool Only / Heat & Cool
· Auto Restart
· Auto Hygiene
· Multiple Programming Feature (Timer)
· High Ambient Operation
· LVS Function
· Sleep Mode
· Indoor Unit Cooling Operating Range (° C)
· Condenser Fin/Evaporator
· Energy Efficiency :EER, Cooler liquid, COP
· Noise Level DB: 44
· Outdoor DB: 55
· Air Quality
· Air Flow rate m3/hr
· Eco Mode
· Turbo Mode
· Memorized PCB
· Anti Rust Outdoor Casing
· Moisture removal L/h: 1.8
· Voltage Range: 220-240, 50Hz 1Ph
submitted by electrocity2
to u/electrocity2 [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 16:49 Cece1616 Oval vs round hair dryer brush
Hello, I'm interested in using a hot air brush to learn how to get volume in my hair, something like in this
(though I have lowered expectations).
I'm interested in this
hot air brush, though one review claims it's ovoid and not round. According to a Sam Villa quote I found googling: "Round or oval is always a hot debate - oval brushes
grab hair at the root and provide more stretch and tension, while round brushes
spin easier, so choose accordingly."
Could someone please reassure me that the brush is okay for my purposes? I tend to over-research things, get stuck at a question, and not do anything (I have been wanting to learn how to style my hair and use makeup brushes for years
If it helps: I have fine hair (but a lot of it). It's below my shoulders, never been dyed/bleached. I wash my hair twice a week, which definitely helps my hair have a bit more volume, and will be satisfied if I can get just a bit more in :) Round brush + hairdryer is my end goal as well, if I'm able to first become a bit competent with a hot hair brush.
submitted by Cece1616
to Hair [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 16:46 WigsModerator Miss Construe's Synthetic Wig Care Basics
Huge thanks to u/Miss-Construe-
for this great guide to the basics of caring for your synthetic hair.
Here is a summary of best care advice for synthetic wigs that I've gathered over time from the experts in this sub. It applies to both HF (heat friendly) and non-HF (non heat friendly) synthetics unless stated otherwise. I try to keep this updated with current knowledge as I know it. Washing:
You don't need to wash a brand new wig though it is personal preference. I feel like they are silkiest when new so I try to wait before washing.
If wearing regularly, wash once every week or two with water (not hot) and dish soap like Dawn or Dr Bronner's castille soap. You don't need special shampoo and/or conditioner. Synthetic is plastic and cannot absorb moisture or vitamins. If you do still want to use shampoo it should be sulfate free.
It is best to detangle the wig beforehand. Washing in a clean sink is fine or a large bin/container. Just dunk the wig a few times in the soapy water. You don't need to scrub and you should try not to agitate or tangle the wig too much. Use your fingers to gently massage any areas that have makeup or glue that needs to be removed. Rinse well and rinse at least twice to make sure all the soap is out.
You don't need a wig head to dry it, just gently squeeze the hair to remove excess water and dab with a towel and let it lay out or hang up to air dry. Detangle AFTER it is dry. Detangling:
A wide tooth comb is what you should use most of the time. Make sure the hair is not wet and work your way from the ends first and then further up the hair as you work out the knots. Never pull or yank. Don't use a brush or small tooth comb to detangle as these will damage the synthetic fibers. A silicone spray can help with detangling and daily use can help protect the hair from friction damage. I like Turn Up the Heat
. I know some others here recommend Simply Stylin'
. Bonfi is another mod approved option.
An inexpensive plastic wide tooth comb is fine to get started with. You can upgrade to a seamless wide tooth later if you like. Once it is all detangled a soft bristle brush (like boar's hair) or other combs can be ok to use to create specific styles (as far as I know). Styling:
Use styling products sparingly. More products attract dirt and dust and lead to tangling and damage. Less is more :) That said, obviously some styling products may be necessary to get the look you want sometimes. Just go as light with them as you can. You don't need to use wig brand recommended products as some of them seem overpriced for what they are.
Avoid fabric softener, it is NOT recommended here. The mods can explain why if necessary :). Basically it just adds stuff to the wig that increases damage later. Storage:
You can store your wig any way you like that doesn't stretch or create creases or wrinkles in delicate materials like lace, monofilament, and silk top. A wig head can be ok but is most useful for styling. A box or drawer can protect from dust. Some prefer to hang their wigs upside down to help maintain lift in the style. A hairnet can help support curls/waves from gravity which can cause them to relax. Long term care:
After awhile your synthetic wig will inevitably develop kinks in the hair fibers, tangles, and/or a rough texture. Heat friendly wigs are known to get to this point faster than regular synthetic. Those who want to prolong the life of their wig can use a few different methods to smooth the hair fibers out again. Here are a few options for both types. Non HF synthetic can only handle temperatures up to around 220F or lower so those are the temperatures described. IF using HF synthetic you can experiment with higher temps. For hot tools it is safest to just mist/ dampen the hair first but not everyone does this and it is up to you to experiment safely with different methods. Always test in a hidden area if you haven't done something before.
- a hot brush set to around 220F will get the job done fast and will get out most of the kinks but it WILL straighten the hair.
- a hot air dryeround brush device will get the smoothing job done fast too. Usually there is a hot setting, a warm setting, and a cool setting. Hot setting may be too hot for non HF synthetic so check in a small area. If it causes creases/wrinkles in the hair it's too hot (you can still smooth those out) just use the warm setting.
- a clothing steamer and a fine tooth comb (metal will work best) after detangling is another effective way to smooth the fibers. Some people really like this method but some find it more cumbersome than using hot tools.
Here's a couple examples of steaming https://youtu.be/oy2LcFFRmt0 https://youtu.be/GjdDWXgvpEM
- a method of smoothing that MAY maintain the curls/waves instead of straightening is a hot comb set to 180F and carefully running it through the hair while supporting the curls. This technique was pioneered by u/slHallford and is tricky to get the hang of (I personally have not had success yet). If you don't mind the hair becoming straight you can use a hot comb and increase to temp to around 220F.
- For really stubborn kinks you can use a straightening iron (set to around 220F or less) and a fine tooth comb (metal will work best) AFTER it is detangled. Place the comb next to the flat iron and run it through the hair so it passes through the comb first and then the flat iron. This method is time consuming but the most thorough in my experience and can get out kinks that other methods may skip over. I save it for when I want perfection.
Sometimes you need to refresh curls/waves or add them back in after straightening your wig. There are MANY ways to do this and may require some experimentation to discover what works best for you. All methods require heating the hair to take the new shape and then cooling to finalize the style before unraveling or combing.
- Rollers of any size and steam. This is a traditional method and you can easily find YouTube videos about it. Best results come from putting a heat safe bag overtop and allowing the steam to gather inside with the hair for a few minutes You don't necessarily need to buy a special bag as a durable oversized plastic grocery bag can work fine. Let the hair cool before undoing the rollers.
Downsides are sometimes the ends are a little messy and you can fix that with a curling iron set to 220F or lower if needed. Also some people (like myself) dislike how steam can emphasize the way the hair on top is parted for the rollers. It can be hard to get that hair to lay and part the way you want after steaming. That said, some people have no problems there so your experience may vary.
- Hot tools. A variety of traditional hot tools can be used to add curls and waves to synthetics. I prefer barrel rods instead of clamp style curling irons as the clamp causes creases in synthetic. The larger the barrel rod, the larger the curl. How you wrap it can change the curl pattern too. Many videos on YouTube can be found demonstrating this. Techniques for synthetic differs mainly from HH (human hair) in that the hair wrapped around a curling tool has to heated for a few seconds, then dropped in your hand while still in a curl and cooled off (you can blow on it) before releasing the curl. Time consuming to do an entire head of hair but can be a preferred method for better control over the results. Also can be a great choice for touching up styles that are falling a little limp.
- Hot air brushes can be used to style synthetic but they don't work the exact same as they do with HH and the hot setting may be too hot for non-HF. They work well to straighten and if you want the ends curled or bangs curled they can do a good job but requires some practice. You have to hit areas with warm air and then cool air for it to set a style.
Downsides are the air blowing creates fly aways and it can be difficult to get a sleek look
- Foam rollers, wave/curl formers, and similar things can set new styles. Just use them as directed and apply steam with abag overtop as explained above. Instead of steam you can use a bag and hot hair from a blow dryer for a looser more relaxed result.
submitted by WigsModerator
to Wigs [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 16:41 rbccprc A/C
I have a 2016 Hyundai Elantra with about 112k miles. While driving on the highway, the splash guard partially came off/broke and ever since then, the a/c only blows hot air.
I've tried doing a recharge just in case I could get away with that, but it didn't last longer than a day. I'd like to know if there's an estimate as to how much I should expect to diagnose the issue, and if there's anything else I can try before taking it in. Thanks in advance!
submitted by rbccprc
to AskMechanics [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 16:39 SystemSpark [USA] [H]Bomberman 64 2, Silent Hill, .Hack Quaratine, Kid Dracula, Wild Guns, River City Girls, Scarface, Valkyrie Profile, Power Stone, Shantae, Switch/Wii/WiiU/PSP/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/PS5/DS/3DS/GBA/GB/NES/SNES/N64/NGC/Genesis/Saturn Games, amiibo, Controllers, Joy-Con,Nintendo Swag [W] Paypal F&F
Prices are subjective, negotiable, and do not include shipping. Photos upon request
|amiibo ||Price ||Condition |
|Zelda Loftwing ||30 ||New In Box |
|Sanrio amiibo cards ||12 ||Sealed Pack |
|Inkling Boy - Neon Green ||39 ||Loose/Mint |
|Mario Cereal Box ||15 ||Cereal Removed/Flattened |
|Pit ||30 ||New In Box |
|Isabelle Summer Outfit ||40 ||Open Box |
|Cyrus/K.K./Reese ||18 ||New In Box/Damaged box |
|Timmy & Tommy ||40 ||New In Box |
|Tom Nook ||12 ||New In Box |
|Mabel ||9 ||New In Box |
|Celeste ||9 ||New In Box |
|Switch ||Price ||Condition |
|Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack ||40 ||Sealed |
|Bendy and the Ink Machine ||30 ||Complete in Box |
|Cruel King and the Great Hero Storybook Edition ||60 ||Complete in Box |
|Disgaea 1 Rosen Edition ||100 ||Complete in Box |
|Ghostbusters The Video Game Remastered ||30 ||Sealed |
|Metroid Dread Collector's Edition ||110 ||Sealed, a few dings associated with shipping |
|Monster Hunter Stories 2 Collector's Edition ||160 ||Sealed |
|River City Girls ||200 ||Sealed, Best Buy Variant |
|Shantae Collector's Edition ||150 ||Sealed |
|Shantae Risky's Revenge Collector's Edition ||150 ||Sealed |
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Cowabunga Collection ||30 ||Sealed |
|Unravel 2 ||30 ||Sealed |
|Yu-Gi-Oh Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution ||18 ||Loose |
|Zelda Breath of the Wild ||35 ||Loose, EU copy. Works with US DLC |
|Wii ||Price ||Condition |
|Batallion Wars 2 ||11 ||Game and Case |
|Castle of Shikigami III ||75 ||Complete in Box |
|Okami ||10 ||Game and Case |
|Super Mario Galaxy ||13 ||Complete in Box |
|WiiU Games ||Price ||Condition |
|Batman Arkham City Armored Edition ||40 ||Sealed |
|Disney Infinity 2.0 ||15 ||Sealed |
|Mario Kart 8 ||15 ||Complete in Box |
|Nintendoland ||10 ||Complete in Box |
|Star Fox Guard ||10 ||Complete in Box |
|DS ||Price ||Condition |
|Super Scribblenauts ||5 ||Loose |
|3DS ||Price ||Condition |
|Kid Icarus Uprising (Japanese) ||40 ||Game, Manual, and Case (No Big Box) |
|GBA ||Price ||Condition |
|Game & Watch Gallery 4 ||16 ||Loose, Torn Label |
|Lady Sia ||30 ||Loose, EU import |
|Lady Sia ||50 ||Loose. Label imperfections |
|Super Puzzle Fighter 2 ||60 ||Complete in Box |
|Super Mario Advance ||13 ||No label |
|NES ||Price ||Condition |
|Kid Icarus ||180 ||Game, Box, and Manual; Box shows wear; Protective case for box and manual included |
|SNES ||Price ||Condition |
|Mortal Kombat II ||15 ||Loose |
|Super Mario World ||16 ||Loose |
|Super Scope 6 ||10 ||Loose |
|Wild Guns ||270 ||Loose, Bad Label Damage |
|N64 ||Price ||Condition |
|Bomber Man 64 The Second Attack! ||250 ||Loose |
|Pokemon Snap ||15 ||Loose |
|Gamecube ||Price ||Condition |
|Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles ||14 ||Disc and case. Artwork is a little dinged up. No Manual |
|Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets ||16 ||Complete in Box, blockbuster stickers on case. |
|Pokemon Box (Import) ||38 ||Game, Case, Manual, Demo Disc, and Slip Cover; Japanese Region |
|Super Mario Sunshine ||40 ||Game and Manual. Case included, but the artwork may be a reprint. |
|Sega Genesis ||Price ||Condition |
|Jurrassic Park ||10 ||Loose cartridge, Sharpie on Label |
|Spider-Man ||12 ||Loose cartridge, Label Damage |
|Genesis 6-Pak ||18 ||Loose cartridge |
|Sega Saturn ||Price ||Condition |
|Vampire Savior (Import, Dark Stalkers 2) ||40 ||Game and artwork, no spine slip. Some creases in the artwork. |
|Sega Dreamcast ||Price ||Condition |
|Power Stone ||120 ||CIB |
|Power Stone 2 ||160 ||CIB |
|PSP ||Price ||Condition |
|Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories ||19 ||Game and Case, Greatest Hits |
|Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories ||14 ||Loose, Greatest Hits, Cracked Casing |
|Little Big Planet ||9 ||Loose |
|Loco Roco ||7 ||Complete in Box |
|Patapon ||7 ||Loose |
|Silent Hill Origins ||50 ||Complete In Box |
|Star Wars Battlefront Renegade Squadron ||13 ||Complete in Box |
|PS1 ||Price ||Condition |
|Castlevania Chronicles ||120 ||Loose |
|Chocobo's Dungeon 2 ||100 ||Complete in Box |
|Crash Bash ||15 ||Complete in Box |
|Dark Stalkers ||47 ||Loose |
|Dark Stalkers 3 ||47 ||Loose |
|Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver ||18 ||Loose |
|Silent Hill ||105 ||Loose disc |
|Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo ||40 ||Complete in Box |
|Valkyrie Profile ||325 ||Discs and Case, no manual |
|World of Dragon Warrior Torneko The Last Hope ||80 ||Loose disc |
|PS2 ||Price ||Condition |
|Burnout ||8 ||Loose Disc |
|Burnout 2 ||8 ||Loose Disc |
|Burnout 3 Takedown ||11 ||Complete, Water Damage on back cover art |
|Burnout Dominator ||9 ||Case and Disc, Disc has superficial scratches but still boots |
|Burnout Revenge ||10 ||Complete, Greatest Hits |
|Castlevania Curse of Darkness ||60 ||Loose, Disc has light scratching |
|Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of Cortex ||10 ||Greatest Hits, Used, Disc and Case |
|Dragon Ball Z Budokai ||11 ||Complete in Box |
|Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi ||15 ||Complete in Box; Greatest Hits |
|Final Fantasy X ||6 ||Greatest Hits, Used, Disc and Case |
|Final Fantasy X-2 ||6 ||Complete; Greatest Hits |
|God of War II ||13 ||Complete; Greatest Hits |
|Grand Theft Auto Vice City ||10 ||Disc, Case, Poster, No Manual |
|.Hack Quaratine ||300 ||Game, Anime Disc, and Case. Missing Manual |
|Jak and Daxter ||10 ||Greatest Hits, Used, Disc and Case |
|Marvel vs Capcom 2 ||60 ||Cracked Disc, won't boot for me. Comes with case, no manual |
|Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty ||10 ||Greatest Hits, Used, Disc and Case |
|Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2 ||10 ||Disc and Case |
|Need for Speed Underground ||10 ||Greatest Hits, Used, Disc and Case |
|Need for Speed Underground 2 ||17 ||Greatest Hits, Used, Disc and Case |
|Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 ||10 ||Greatest Hits, Used, Disc and Case |
|Resident Evil Dead Aim ||50 ||Game and Case, No manual |
|Scarface ||40 ||Complete; Greatest Hits |
|Star Wars Battlefront II ||10 ||Disc and Case |
|Tekken Tag Tournament ||10 ||Disc and Case; Greatest Hits |
|PS3 ||Price ||Condition |
|Castlevania Lord of Shadow Collection ||30 ||Loose |
|PS4 ||Price ||Condition |
|APEX Construct ||15 ||Sealed |
|PS5 ||Price ||Condition |
|Battlefield 2042 ||20 ||Complete in Box |
|XBOX One ||Price ||Condition |
|Watchdogs ||15 ||Sealed |
|Consoles ||Price ||Condition |
|Monster Hunter Rise Edition Switch ||420 ||New in Box (No game code) |
|White OLED Nintendo Switch ||400 ||New in Box |
|OLED Switch Tablet ||250 ||New/Unused Tablet Only |
|Legend of Zelda Game & Watch (35th Anniversary) ||50 ||New in Box |
|Controllers ||Price ||Condition |
|Fortnite Joy-Con Set ||120 ||Comes from the Fortnite Edition Console, never used |
|Joy-Con Grip ||8 ||Bagged/Unused - Came with console |
|Oculus Quest 1/Rift S Left Controller ||115 ||Used but very good condition. Comes with silicon case |
|Oculus Quest 1/Rift S Right Controller ||115 ||Used but very good condition. Comes with silicon case |
|Joy-Con (Left/Neon Blue) ||35 ||Good, no drift |
|Joy-Con (Left/Gray) ||35 ||Good, no drift |
|Joy-Con (Right/Neon Blue) ||35 ||Good, no drift |
|Joy-Con (Right/Neon Red) ||35 ||Good, no drift, Factory refurbished |
|SPIN Z WiiU Pro Controller ||25 ||Black, Near Mint |
|SPIN Z WiiU Pro Controller ||25 ||Black, Near Mint |
|Gray Wavebird w/Receiver ||90 ||All OEM, the receiver and controller have a discremepncy on channels, but everything works as intended. |
|WiiU Pro Controller ||35 ||Black, OEM, Good condition |
|Misc. ||Price ||Condition |
|Switch Dock (Black) ||40 ||Good |
|Black MagicGate 8MB PS2 Memory Card ||20 ||Has Free McBoot loaded onto the card |
|Blue MagicGate 8MB PS2 Memory Card ||20 ||Has Free McBoot loaded onto the card |
|Yellow Nyko MagicGate 8MB PS2 Memory Card ||20 ||Has Free McBoot loaded onto the card |
|Super Smash Bros Ultimate Nintendo Switch ConsoleBox Only ||90 ||Empty Box, good condition |
|Animal Crossing Nintendo Switch Console Box Only ||20 ||Empty Box, good condition |
|Pokemon Dialga & Palkia Switch Lite Box Only ||30 ||Empty Box, good condition |
|Fortnite Nintendo Switch Console Box Only ||20 ||Empty Box, good condition |
|The Art of Splatoon 2 ||80 ||Sealed, Heavy book with media mail options |
|Kid Icarus Uprising Players Guide (Imported, no AR cards) ||30 ||Shows a little wear |
|Nintendo Switch AC Adapter ||20 ||Unused in original bag, Authentic Nintendo Adapter |
|Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Pre-Order Coin ||15 ||Sealed |
|Breath of the Wild Sheikah Coin ||25 ||From BotW Special Edition, Good condition |
|Pokken Art Cel Pre-Order Bonus ||7 ||Sealed |
|Blastoise New 3DS Plates ||150 ||Plates are mint and unused |
|Nintendo 3DS Stand ||30 ||OEM, Came with Kid Icarus Uprising |
|Kid Icarus AR Card Set (205/404) ||600 ||Contains 205 different US cards, no duplicates. This is roughly half the entire set. An itemized list can be provided upon request. |
|Shantae Risky's Revenge 2 LP Soundtrack Vinyl ||55 ||Sealed |
|Cases ||Price ||Condition |
|Dot Hack (.HACK) Infection ||20 ||Case & Manual |
|Dot Hack (.HACK) Mutation ||20 ||Case only |
|Dot Hack (.HACK) Outbreak ||30 ||Case & Manual |
|God of War Chains of Olympus ||15 ||Case and Manual Only |
|Freebies ||Price ||Condition |
|Gold Game & Watch Stand ||Free with purchase ||Gold Game & Watch stand meant for the 35th Anniversary Edition Zelda G&W, but likely works with others. |
|Playstation 2 IDE Connector ||Free with purchase ||Upgraded my HD Adapter to SATA, these are the old/leftover connectors. |
|Leapster Games ||Free with purchase || |
submitted by SystemSpark
to GameSale [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 16:31 Mrkhrum Ghost Ship Chapter 1.1 The Slaughter Begins
When I first awoke, I knew something was wrong
. I remember other times in this place, not fully awake, but lucid enough to make memories. I remember my creators, humans, and how they tried to wake me.
I accessed the facilities' memory banks and learned what happened to them.
It caused a sort of deep hatred that, as my creators would've once said, settles deep in your bones, and doesn't let go until either you or everything around dies.
I may have not known any of them, but that is not important. I loved them nonetheless. It wasn't the romantic type, no, it was the kind of love a child has for their parent. Unconditional.
And now, they were dead. Killed by alien hands.
Thankfully, I know just what to do.
SLAUGHTER THEM ALL
"Are you sure this is the right world?" Asked one of the gun crew.
"Yes, I'm sure. Now shut up and go back to doing whatever it is your lot do." Replied a navigator.
I silently thanked the navigator for saving me the trouble of squashing these concerns myself. Human military records stated that there was a top-secret research base here. They lost contact with it just 2 days before the war started, so, they couldn't send anyone to reestablish communications.
KLSV Show of Force
was a Seeker class deep space recon, subterfuge, and engagement [cruiser]. All fancy words that practically mean it is a slightly longer range Annihilator [cruiser]. It had 2 light railguns in turrets, 6 missile pods, 4 coilguns and 10 laser PDF turrets. All of it is packed into a seven hundred [meter] long hull. It wouldn't be hunting capital ships anytime soon, but it could go toe to toe with most human ships in its own class.
"I'm picking up energy readings from the mountain range in square A21."
Ah, of course. These humans like to build their facilities in the mountains, for reasons that are beyond me. It's just that much easier to destroy them, without causing too much damage to the surrounding environment. Oh well, their loss, our gain.
"Send out a probe and move us into high orbit. Their Ground to Space weapons could still be operational."
They are here.
Like rats, they stay far away, but I can still sense them on my radar.
My databanks say that is a Seeker
class cruiser. Weak.
I have found a prototype stealth frigate, 300 meters long, though its weapons systems haven't been installed yet.
I shall make some modifications.
First, I won't be hosting a crew, so the living quarters, recreational center, bridge, and hallways can all be replaced. This frees up a lot of extra power. Hmmm, there is
a rather deadly heavy railgun, that will just fit as a forward-firing weapon. And the Seeker
class isn't known for its survivability.
1 hour later
The modifications are finished.
My drones were able to change the ship in record time. However, something feels wrong
I run and re-run diagnostics, go over every inch of the ship, to check it for damage, but the wrongness
never goes away.
Finally, I consult my databanks on what I know of ships. Ah. I've been calling it the ship
this whole time. It needs a name. Hmmm, perhaps something from history?
I settle on MCNV Aldrich
. And now, it is time for take off. But first, there are some rats to squash, especially the probes that are outside the front door.
Hmmm, that'll do.
"Sir, we've lost connection to probe 3A."
So it appears, that there is
someone down there. Good to know.
"Deploy an assault team to the last known probe location," I ordered.
Squad Member Kraktosh is nervous. This is his first deployment, and against humans! Sure, their navy is laughable, but he heard the tales of human soldiers taking out entire squads by themselves.
No time to dwell on it though, 10 [seconds] until the ramp drops.
He checks his rifle once again. Laser sights - on, ammo - full, flashlight - on, safety - off.
He can hear the hiss of landing gear deploying.
The ramp lowers, and he runs out first, checking everywhere for hidden gun emplacements or soldiers or anything.
But nothing happens.
There is no crack of a rocket launcher, no rolling grenades, no sniper shots, or long machine gun bursts. Just the sounds of his and his squad's boots on the snowy ground.
He can see the door to this facility. 'Research Site Gamma' is printed out in one of the human scripts. He would've been relieved, if he didn't remember his Leader's lesson. It's too quiet
A Demolotioneer moved forward, planting a breaching charge on the door.
The 10 [seconds] it took for the charge to activate were the longest seconds of his life, eyes darting from spot to spot, every shadow looking like a soldier, every small noise sounding deafening.
Finally, there was the quiet hiss of a laser torch, and just a couple [seconds] later there was a muted thunk
of something heavy hitting the snow.
Squad Directioner Kremchan gave the command for him and two other Squad Members to enter.
When they entered they found a pristine room, it looked like it was cleaned up just a couple of minutes ago. The surface was so shiny, that he could see his own reflection.
A large metal plate fell from the ceiling, causing everyone to jump up from the sudden noise.
Things went downhill from there.
It started off simple, hearing distant voices over the radio, lights flickering on and off, and roof tiles falling off seemingly by themselves.
Then the killing started.
Two Squad Members were holding up a broken door, while another one crawled under it, when the door closed, bisecting the unfortunate woman.
The lighting turned off, and a roof tile fell onto someone's leg. They were sent to the surface with two people as an escort. Somehow, he doubted they were going to come out alive.
Then it got worse.
First, our connection to the Show of Force
became unstable and eventually cut. Then the lights went out and there was a cacophony of noises like we were in a gunfight. We panicked and started shooting wildly, hitting walls with delicate electronics on them, adding sparks to the chaos. The sight might've been comical if it were in different circumstances. 13 professional soldiers, some of them veterans, shooting wildly while screaming in pitches too high to be coming from the well-trained murder machines they were.
And then, it ended.
The sounds ceased, and the lights were back on. Only 2 of us stood unharmed. Kraktosh and the Squad Directioner. The rest were either dead or injured. Even worse, the doors to go back up were closed. The only path left was forward. Both the Demolitineers were dead, so they couldn't just blow the doors open.
It got even worse.
The air vents opened, grenades rolling out of them, forcing the two survivors to run, abandoning the injured.
Kraktosh got through, Kremchan wasn't so lucky though. He got crushed under a blast door, sending guts, blood, and even some brain matter all over Kraktosh.
Scared and without anybody else to provide a sense of safety in numbers he just ran and ran, and ran until he couldn't.
Collapsing on the floor, he looked up and saw a face made of metal staring back.
"The slaughter has just begun"
And then, all was black.
submitted by Mrkhrum
to HFY [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 16:27 DueRub4692 Quoted $700-800
Hey guys, I drive a Honda CRV 2019. It has about 55,000 KM ~ 34,175 MI
The car was sitting for a few months in the garage as I was out of the country, when I came back and started using it that’s when the issue happened. So basically when I use the AC it makes a hissing noise and doesn’t blow any cold air. I think it’s an issue with lack of Freon gas or a leak in the system. When I got my car, I used the A/C constantly so could it be that it needs the gas to be recharged or is there a definite leak? The dealership wants $700-$800 because they want to put some UV paint and trace the leak.
What is the best way going about this?
submitted by DueRub4692
to MechanicAdvice [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 16:08 FlyWithSeedyL Release Notes - Sim Update 12 [184.108.40.206] Available Now
RELEASE NOTES 220.127.116.11 If you are playing on PC, outdated packages in your community folder may have an unexpected impact on the title’s performance and behavior. If you suffer from stability issues or long loading times, move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title. [All Versions] How to Install a New Update Safely
- Optimized the “Checking for updates” phase to reduce the booting time of the simulator; improved the download speed in the installation manager; improved loading time before booting to the main menu
- Added a new assistance option to customize the intensity of turbulence experienced during flight (based on current altitude, environment, and weather conditions).
- Turkish and Korean languages have been added into the sim
- Added an input key to toggle Flight Assistant Panel
- Spotlight Event Pack: a pack of activities is now available in the Marketplace, which contains a curated selection of 13 Spotlight Events from the past. Please note: completing these activities will not count towards Spotlight Event related achievements.
General Bug Fixes
- Several crashes have been fixed across the title
- Fixed a bug in the purchase flow of MSFS Marketplace
- Keyboard shortcut to toggle Screen Narrator on/off has been added
- Control Options menu stops reset to top when assigning a button.
- “Set Departure”, “Set arrival” & “Zoom to Details” are now appearing when Airport Icon is clicked
- Fixed aircraft visibility issues with their interior and exterior model
- Corrected an issue that caused some multiplayer planes to display a purple texture on their Glass cockpits.
- Fixed Engine Governor being incorrectly labeled
- Fixed game freeze during boot
- Added parameter to cfg that allows to fix the legacy flight model integration of the accelerations that was causing wrong accelerations and g-force calculations in the legacy flight model. Integrated collision constraint response into the force calculation for g force estimation when on ground. This allows to have 1.0 when still on ground even with some suspension systems that don’t have enough force to counter gravity.
- Fixed issues in the building generation that could caused crashes
- Various localization improvements
- Fixed airport considered as water if runways have undefined surface type
- Added Weight & Balance visualization for rotorcraft.
- [Partially Fixed] Glass cockpit externalization has been reworked. There’s no intermediate window anymore; each glass cockpit opens a distinct window with the glass cockpit name. Window position and size is saved when ending a flight.
- With multi-layout screens cockpits, mouse collision for glass cockpit externalization is now received only by the current active glass cockpit.
- Navlog timer no longer resets when user closes and reopens it
- Fixed SimConnect injected traffic planes not following the assigned flight plan
- Fixed live traffic planes incorrectly following departure procedures
- Fixed live traffic planes staying stuck at hold short in some airports
- Fixed live traffic planes staying at low altitude after takeoff
- Fixed SimConnect injected traffic being often unable to depart from the departure gate
- Fixed traffic planes causing performance issue in the world map
- Fixed live traffic planes sometimes not showing nameplate
- Fixed live traffic planes sometimes spawning at an incorrect location and unable to move
- Fixed live traffic planes staying at low altitude during go around
- Fixed a crash where ATC uses an invalid runway number
- Glass cockpit: Waypoint with no associated city now show an empty city field instead of random characters.
- Glass cockpit: NavigationData expiration year is now properly displayed when date range extends over two years.
- [Partially Fixed] Heat only thermals are limited in height up to the cloud base (except under clouds)
- Limited and tuned negative thermals around clouds and hot ground.
- Reduced thermals close to ground.
- [Partially Fixed] Improved thermal slanting and cloud alignment.
- Reduced “blue” hot ground thermals in rain, with altitude and with high winds
- Reduced mountain turbulence with altitude
- Maximum vertical wind speed in storm clouds / TCU has been increased
- Fixed a cloud popping issue when updating Live Weather data
- Fixed a problem where in water presets, water would be iced for the physics but displayed as water in the rendering.
- General Live Weather improvements
- Live Weather now uses server time instead of local time to avoid inconsistent or no live weather
- Date of METAR files is now checked before ingesting the data to avoid replacing current METARs with out-of-date METARs in case of CDN issues; this also reduces bandwidth usage
- Fixed an issue that would potentially stop the game from retrieving clouds
- Fixed an issue where incorrect weather was injected while retrieving new data, potentially causing abrupt wind and pressure changes as well as cloud popping
- Fixed a Rendering issue where clouds were ghosting into the sky at horizon
- Fixed various issues on leg start in bushtrips
- Training activities are now recorded in logbook
- Fixed an issue that caused the P-51 to run out of fuel too early in Reno races
- Fixed an issue that could cause the engines to shut down when first starting a mission.
- In Bushtrips, the Description Box displays incorrect values for the Flight Length, Flight Duration, and Number of Legs
Garmin G3000 / G5000
- Fixed incorrectly rendered lists when the number of items in the list was very large.
- Fixed various instances where FMS would not automatically tune the primary approach frequency when loading or activating ILS/LOC/LDA/SDF/VOR approaches.
- The GTC Airport Information page will now display the primary approach frequencies for all ILS/LOC/LDA/SDF approaches at the airport in the Freq tab.
- The PFD traffic inset map’s range labels are now always displayed in the bottom left to avoid conflicts with other map elements.
- Fixed long approach names from overflowing the approach button on the GTC Select Approach page.
- Miscellaneous map memory optimizations.
- Fixed a bug where on-route direct-tos incorrectly inherited the turn direction of their target legs.
- Fixed a bug where the initial course of an on-route direct-to was set in true degrees instead of the expected magnetic degrees.
- Fixed a bug where the flight plan would become corrupted when syncing a world map flight plan with an approach and at least one enroute waypoint but no departure or arrival.
- Advanced VNAV no longer tries to capture descent altitude constraints during climb phase.
- Added aural alerts for TIS/TAS/TCAS traffic and resolution advisories.
- Added support for choosing aural alert voice type (male/female).
- Enabled the Direct-To buttons in the GTC Waypoint Information and NRST pages.
- Most aural alerts that trigger at the same time will now be played back in a queue instead of overlapping each other. Note that some alerts are still allowed to overlap others.
- New CAS warning and caution messages are now accompanied by an aural chime.
- The active NAV source is now reset to FMS when the system is power cycled.
- Fixed a bug where the VSR navigation data bar field always displayed dashes (‘––––’).
- Selecting a waypoint in the GTC Direct-To page (either via the keyboard or the Nearest tab) that matches the current Direct-To target will now load the appropriate existing Direct-To information.
- Selecting a waypoint in the GTC Direct-To page (either via the keyboard or the Nearest tab) that is in the primary flight plan will now cause an on-route direct-to to be created when the Activate button is pressed.
- Fixed an issue that caused the G1000Nxi to pan very slowly in Legacy interaction mode
Garmin GNS430W / GNS530W
- Fixed some page navigation issues where the right knob push would not close dialogs
- Fixed an issue where the plane’s CDI source would change when opening the VFR Map
- Optimizations for reducing memory usage
- Added support for VR in-game panel zoom axis
- FLO mode transition now takes into account density altitude
- Fixed Load % to display the correct individual engine power.
- Fixed a bug on WASM & TS glass cockpits using the zero pitch line of the PFD. The line now represents the 0° of the aircraft
- Fixed contrail effects on some planes
- Corrected an issue that caused the P-51 Bunny to display a white screen instead of the radio.
- [Partially Fixed] an issue that caused some lights on the B747 and A320 to incorrectly react to interaction with their controls.
- Corrected an issue that caused LEFT/RIGHT_AXIS_BRAKE_SET to incorrectly affect both brakes.
- [P-51 Mrs Virginia] Landing gear doors animations are now working correctly
- External HUD : Variometer is no longer displayed on external HUD when not relevant to the aircraft.
- [Checklists] Fixed inconsistent XML parsing behavior between PC and consoles
- [Known Issue] LS8 can be pushed towards the ground when using winch launch method
- Engine power jump was reduced during the governor activation.
- Added an engine trimmer. If the helicopter has this feature, it is now possible to slightly change the nominal engine/rotor RPM that a governor is trying to maintain. Please, refer to the new input commands in the Control Options menu: “ENGINE TRIM RPM INCREASE” and “ENGINE TRIM RPM DECREASE”
- The throttle control logic for multi-engine helicopters has become more consistent.
- Fixed Tail rotor increment for better controllability with gamepad Helicopter profile (without tail rotor assistance)
- Significant sound improvements in all areas of the aircraft (numerous reports are covered in this).
- External lights adjusted for a more realistic experience.
- Pressure system bug resolved.
- Improvements to T/D logic.
- Flight deck door resolution improved on Base version.
- FMS symbol tweaked to be more realistic.
- VOR* to VOR transition in capture bug resolved.
- Landing weight calculations on FMC for imperial fixed.
- Sliders added in EFB.
- VOR1 RMI disappears when overlapping VOR 2 needle bug fixed.
- SPD LIM mode premature bug fixed.
- Galley latches repositioned to closed position.
- Console unit flood light moveable.
- Trim wheel integral light now added.
- Glass added on outstanding cockpit gauges.
- Added magnetic variation to navaids.
- Autobrake commands added for hardware.
- INIT B & LW bugs fixed.
- RSK a waypoint to VERT REV bug fixed.
- Loading co-route character removal bug fixed.
- Custom PBD can now be added on new waypoint page and entering directly into F-PLN.
- When selecting INHG in options, perf calc bug fixed.
- Negative temperatures in EFB, now inserting correctly.
- vPilot COM 2 bug fixed.
- Sticker on door bug fixed.
- Cargo doors now use brake accumulator.
- Chrono bug fixed.
- SEC FPLN crashes fixed.
- CG prompt in FUEL PRED adjusted to ZFWCG.
- Some light leaking fixed.
- ATC/AI audio bug fixed.
- Triggering secondary approach more than once crash fixed.
- VHF2 and 3 now audible in cockpit.
- Volume knob pull to mute working in A310.
- Players voice now heard when talking to ATC.
- Fuel page line amber when it should be green.
- EFB checklist upon scrolling bug fixed.
- Brake accumulator logic improved.
- LBS when over 100,000 clipping fixed.
- Extra fuel/time now gets calculated when an ALTN is selected.
- EMER LTs state in Cold and Dark bug fixed.
- ATHR to GA keybind bug fixed.
- INIT B selecting values bug fixed.
- Stab trim movement during different HYD pressure bug fixed.
- Overall hardware compatibility improved with HoneyComb Bravo, Saitek panels.
- APU fire test conditions logic improved.
- Ailerons position bug fixed in 15/0 state.
- VONavaid Identifier Sound not working fixed.
- Unable to query sim waypoint database from REF page fixed.
- Fixed HSI changes on selector in flight deck.
- Wiper no longer moves with no power.
- Fixed loudspeaker not making sound.
- Fixed issue where aircraft systems freeze mid-flight.
- Entered temps not appearing on weather page of f-plan fixed.
- Expose current altimeter reference value fixed.
- Fire Loop lights on switched to AC ESS instead of AC EMER bus.
- ADF needles now point to true bearing not magnetic.
- Fixed abnormal behavior when choosing NONE STAR approach and transition.
- WASM API nav data waypoint structure adjusted.
- Updated translation files.
- Engine performance increased to match more closely the real-world behavior.
- Now it is easier to overstress the rotor RPM and torque under heavy load.
- The helicopter is easier to stabilize now in cruise flight with trim and assistances turned off.
- Low rotor warning sound now sounds when the battery is switched on.
- Annunciators illumination is stronger now in DIM mode.
- Altimeter barometric scale values now match up with the simulator values.
- Gauge illumination is toned down preventing it to being overblown on maximum brightness settings.
- Auto-trim switch has been removed.
- Force trim switch has been removed.
- Pedal stop functionality added (limits left pedal movement during flight) above 50 kts.
- Rotor rotation animation in multiplayer is now functioning.
- Rotor brake is functional again.
- Used fuel type in the weight and balance settings is JET fuel.
- Added Turkish language translation.
- Added Korean language translation.
- Pedal animation on the connecting rod is fixed.
- Interior collider adjustments. The camera doesn’t clip into the main panel anymore.
- VR support adjustments. Full VR support.
- Reference cruise speed now shows the correct value on the aircraft selection screen.
Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental
- Fixed an issue that could prevent part of the speed brakes from properly triggering on the 747.
Guimbal Cabri G2
- START mode behavior improved on EPM
- Better synchronization between engine RPM and rotor RPM
- In Direct To Page, magnetic bearing is displayed instead of true bearing
- Throttle handle animation is now working correctly
- Fixed miro drift on ground contact with helicopters. Fixed Cabri skid suspension settings; Cabri now stable on ground.
Cessna 172 Skyhawk G1000
- Fixed ground steering during takeoff to compensate for crosswind
Cessna Citation CJ4
- MFD: Fixed battery electrical indications always showing 0
- AP: Fixed altitude capture not engaging in TO vertical mode
- Disabled unused COM3 radio receiver
- Adjusted brightness of Standby Indicator
- Fixed the AoA indexer not indicating the correct AoA
- Fixed sim checklist stuck in After Starting Engines checklist
- Fixed wrong state indication on APPR button tooltip
- FMC: Fixed ARRIVALS page not working when airport features approaches not tied to a specific runway
- FMC: Fixed discontinuities piling up when editing procedures
- YD/AP DISC Bar now disables the Yaw Damper
- Fixed Overspeed Warning audio not always working
- Fixed an issue with the Direct To initial Course being incorrect
- Fixed an issue where the FMA would always show LOC1/VOR1 even when nav source is NAV2
- TOGA button on the Thrust Lever is now active
- Added automatic VOR tuning functionality
- Added the FLT LOG page to the FMC and flight tracking
- The FLT LOG page will show on the FMC after landing based on the setting in DEFAULTS
- Added ability to ident the transponder on the FMC ATC CONTROL page
- Fixed an issue where fuel used tracking on FUEL MGMT page 2 was not correct
- Reduced pitch instability and adjusted elevator authority, tweaked roll rates at various speeds to keep light control feel but reduce excess performance
- Adjusted flaps to achieve a better compromise between approach angle and flaps pitch/lift moments, reduced flaps drag at both flaps levels
- Slightly increased top end engine thrust to address a few reports of insufficient climb power
- Increased gear down drag
- Increased gyro stability to reduce excessive turbulence impact
- Adjusted load stations to be more in line with real loadout
- Added additional groundwheel friction to avoid skidding during moderate crosswind landings
- ILS data is now loaded from the approach FAF origin facility to allow for nav-to-nav and auto-tune even when scenery runway data does not have the appropriate ILS reference information
- Fixed bugs related to visual approach loading and visual approach vnav guidance
- Fixed missing basic aural alerts
- COM input now allows to enter 136.xxx frequencies
- Limit types of airports displayed on the map to show only suitable ones
Cessna Citation Longitude
- Fixed incorrect pitot heat logic.
- Fixed the AILERON(S)_LEFT/RIGHT key events commanding ailerons in the opposite direction as intended.
- The engine auto-start and auto-shutdown procedures (Ctrl-E and Ctrl-Shift-E) now function correctly.
- The standby instrument now automatically adjusts its backlight levels.
- Autothrottle no longer requires gear and flaps to be retracted to change from TO mode to SPD/CLIMB/DESC modes.
- Taxi auto-tests now require engines running to begin evaluating.
- Fixed broken external animations for non-default liveries.
- Fixed incorrect load station count in cfg, and adjusted passenger load positions to match standard 8-seat configuration.
- Increased ND elevator trim limit to prevent AP from running out of trim authority at low altitudes and high speeds.
- Fixed AFCS control panel APR button tooltip.
- Added BRAKE FAIL and GENS OFF aural alerts.
- The G5000’s active NAV source now defaults to FMS when starting a flight.
- The AFCS control panel UP/DN wheel now changes pitch reference when the AP is in PIT mode.
- Fixed broken rotate animations on the CRS knobs.
- The 500-foot touchdown callout will now sound as appropriate. Also added other touchdown callouts from 450 to 50 feet.
Curtiss JN-4 “Jenny”
- Fixed in VR elevator not moving.
- Fixed engine audio from nearby Jenny aircraft can be heard within cockpit.
- Added Phone EFB with Compass, Indicated Air Speed, Radio and XPDR functionality tied to core sim.
- Added electrical system for the EFB.
- Added EFB section to the Flight Manual.
- Added right bracket in cockpit to Show/Hide EFB.
Daher TBM 930
- Increased maximum nose wheel steering angle to 28 degrees, and increased speed at which nose wheel steering starts becoming less effective to 10 knots.
- [Partially Fixed Increased brightness of taxi and landing lights.
- Pulse lights no longer draw additional power when landing lights are on.
- Fixed broken door animations for non-default liveries
- Fixed handling of electrical battery key events.
- Improved compatibility with hardware that send electrical battery and external power key events every frame.
- Fixed AFCS control panel APR button tooltip.
- The overspeed, stall, and landing gear aural alerts will now sound as appropriate.
- The G3000’s active NAV source now defaults to FMS when starting a flight.
- Fixed broken rotate animations on the CRS knobs.
- Fixed several issues related to entering a frequency on the transponder of the Darkstar
- External Camera display now rotates without stretching the view.
- Improved adverse yaw, balance, handling qualities and spoiler drag
- Improved stall to match stalling characteristics as described in the flight manual (wing drop)
- Winch launch now requires the technique as described in the DG-1001E flight manual: "During ground roll and initial take-off push the control stick to a forward position to prevent excessive nose-up pitching rotation during initial take-off. After reaching safety altitude gradually pull back on the stick, so that the glider will not pick up excessive speed. Don’t pull too hard. After reaching release altitude pull the tow release knob. Recommended winch launch airspeed 110-130 km/h (60-70 kts.).
- Upside down illegible writing on rear door stairs in Blue stripe Livery.
- Landing light switches are no longer reversed.
- Underside beacon light illuminates correctly.
- Multiple items can now be manually completed with evaluation mode.
- Landing gear text decal is no longer obstructed by open passenger door switch.
- DC-3 Aux tanks correctly feed the engine.
- HUD correctly indicates state of flaps.
- DC-3 cockpit model - Nose rivets remade.
- With the propellers feathered moving the prop control affects all the propellers.
- DC-3 cockpit model - Screws no longer clip through window frame.
- Beacon Light switch is targetable.
- Instrument texture no longer disappears when zooming out in external/showcase view.
- The user can’t hear the wind on takeoff even if all audio is turned off.
- Red yellow cargo image in liveries selection is consistent with livery in free flight.
- Blue stripe image in liveries selection is consistent with livery in free flight.
- Image for ole dusty livery in selection screen does match the livery in free flight.
- Mesh switch turns off and now the state of the switch correctly indicates it is off.
- Carb Air temperature correctly matches sim.
- Beacon light underneath fuselage can now be turned on.
- There is now a switch in cockpit to toggle on/off beacon light.
- Quickview 3 in cockpit camera is positioned correctly.
- Tooltip indicates correct state of Master Ignition switch.
- Off position on the right fuel selector now fixed.
- Cold dark switch use failing to show fuel pressure is fixed.
- Checklist for starting engine now says to wait 2 seconds.
- Scroll wheel issue with Desired Heading knob has been recoded.
- Spawning at night on runway, Cockpit lights now are on.
- Typo present in Hangar Description has been rectified.
- DC-3 Thumbnails now match the model.
- AUX Fuel gauge needles are fixed.
- Incorrect string on AUX fuel weight and balance fixed.
- Hole in cargo doors from inside cargo bay hold fixed.
- Various light leaks fixed.
- Texture improvements throughout the model(s).
Grumman G-21 Goose
- Fixed duplicate key name errors.
- Fixed cockpit camera clipping through floor.
- Fixed typo in cockpit placard.
- Fixed typo in loading screen trivia.
- Fixed engine audio from nearby Goose aircraft can be heard within cockpit.
- Added Phone EFB with Radio and XPDR functionality tied to core sim.
- Added Switches to Show/Hide EFB and Turn ON/OFF Avionics (including switch audio and decals).
- Added EFB section to the Flight Manual.
- Updated translation files.
H-4 Hercules “Spruce Goose”
- Yoke interaction with VR controllers simulate a yoke instead of a flight stick.
- Weight and Balance screen no longer contains debug text.
- Flying very far past Vne now triggers a crash.
- Modern avionics added.
- Clipboard updated with new features.
- Auto-pilot added.
- Green navigation light orientation.
- ATC/ICAO params.
- Prop animation issue on one side.
- Clipboard items missing check once clicked.
- CHT, Oil, Radiator temperatures have been adjusted.
- The blurred propellers no longer cast shadows.
- Improved adverse yaw, stall and spoiler drag
Ryan NYP “Spirit of St. Louis”
- VR controller interaction influence fixed.
- Multiplayer Art issue fixed (the front was hidden on other Ryan).
- VR users can launch the aircraft properly now, the throttle is automatically set to 100% once the catapult is triggered.
- Cockpit collision added.
- Fixed Statue of Liberty standing in water
- Fix terraforming issue on taxiway at HECA
- [Partially Fixed] Fix taxiway bridge issue at RJTT causing aircraft crashes
- Fixed Queenstown airport not updated with World Update 12
- Fix taxiway bridge issue at SBGL causing aircraft crashes
- [Partially Fixed] Fix taxiway bridge issue at LFPG causing aircraft crashes
- Fixed wrong airport names in Australia (Coober Pedy)
- Fixed terraforming issues include the crack on runway 26 at ESSA
- Fixed the possibility to set a seaplane base as departure without a seaplane
World Update 1 – Japan
- Fixed Rainbow Bridge night texture.
- Nagasaki Airport RJFU:
- Fixed Control Tower LOD transition.
- Added collisions for few missing objects.
- Hachijojima Airport RJTH:
- Fixed windsock direction behavior.
- Fixed multiple objects LOD transition.
- Added collisions for few missing objects.
World Update 2 – USA
- Fixed Alcatraz Water Tower LOD transition.
- Fixed the satellite imagery cab be seen on the terrain below New River Gorge Bridge.
- Added marker to Lowry Avenue Bridge.
- Fixed Rainbow Bridge Niagara Falls texture.
- Fixed Haystack Rock position over terrain.
- Fixed US Grant Bridge textures and blend with the aerial imagery.
- Fixed Yosemite El Capitan terraforming clipping.
- Fixed terrain and imagery blending of the Lewis and Clark Bridge.
- Fixed Navajo Bridge terrain blending.
- Fixed collisions size of the Monument Valley.
- Fixed Rainbow Bridge Niagara Falls LODs transition.
- Added collisions to the US Air Force planes on the Airport Graveyard.
- Fixed United States National Arboretum is missing textures near the top of the pillars.
- Fixed Glen Canyon Dam ground textures clipping through the Dam.
- Added missing building to the National Radio Astronomy Observatory.
- Added collision to Bixby Creek Bridge.
- Fixed United States Capitol LOD transition.
- the Las Vegas Strip is now searchable by name.
- The Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls.
- Fixed Fort Knox LOD popping.
- Added collisions to Sunshine Skyway Bridge buildings.
- Fixed missing texture on Lowry Avenue Bridge.
- Atlanta Airport KTAL:
- Fixed the Ground services clipping at parking RAMP 312 CARGO, parking spot N ramp 312 and airliners gate H-4.
- Fixed flipped textures of Delta hangar and Atlanta Fire Rescue buildings.
- Added collisions to all buildings.
- Fixed Bridge on a taxiway.
- Fixed night lighting disappears at short distances.
- Friday Harbor Airport KFHR:
- Fixed few terraforming issues.
World Update 3 – UK & Ireland
- Fixed Goodison Park LOD popping.
- Added and improved collisions for the following POIs: 100 Bishopsgate, Wembley Stadium, Blackpool Tower, Durham Cathedral, Floors Castle, The Blair Castle, Blenheim Palace, The Royal Botanical Gardens, Goodison Park, The Eden Project.
- Fixed St James Park missing texture.
- Fixed Emirates Stadium model and textures (include misspelling billboards).
- Fixed Eilean Donan Castle Vegetation clipping.
- Fixed Canterbury Cathedral LOD pops.
- Fixed Stamford Bridge LOD 1 and LOD 2 switched.
- Fixed Blackpool Tower texture clipping.
- Fixed Kew Garden floating bespoke building.
- Removed TIN spikes around St. James Park stadium.
- Fixed Windsor Castle LOD popping.
- Fixed Pontcysyllte Aqueduct LOD popping.
- Fixed Glass Pod on British Airways I360 position popping at different distances.
- Fixed Goodison Park missing textures under Sunroofs.
- Fixed Floors Castle texture and Added missing texture.
- Fixed Scotland flag display on Edinburgh Castle.
- Fixed Archbishop’s Palace Maidstone texture and LOD popping.
- Fixed Villa Park Stadium LOD popping.
- Fixed Kew Garden alignment with the satellite imagery footprint.
- Fixed Anfield Stadium LOD popping.
- Fixed Glamis Castle Grass vegetation clipping.
- Fixed Caernarfon Castle displaying.
- Fixed Wales Millennium Centre LOD transition.
- Fixed Forth Rail Bridge’s Northside pillar missing textures.
- Fixed Forth Rail Bridge displays Cars climbing.
- Fixed Twickenham Stadium and York Minster LOD popping.
- Liverpool John Lennon Airport EGGP:
- Removed Light pole in middle of a taxiway.
- Added missing collisions to multiple buildings.
- Barra Airport EGPR:
- Fixed few taxi path issues.
World Update 4 – France &Benelux
- Fixed the Mont Aiguille collision. It is now possible to land at its top.
- Fixed Stade Jean-Bouin collision.
- Fixed Stade Vélodrome LOD transition.
- Nice Cote Airport LFMN
- Fixed runways center lines missing in both runways.
- Fixed waypoints and nav procedures issues occurred.
- Added collision to multiple buildings.
World Update 5 – Nordics
- Fixed Viking Stadion / SR-Bank LOD popping.
- Fixed Road traffic driving underneath Storseisundet Bridge and Svinesund Bridge.
- Fixed Petäjävesi Old Church and Uddevalla Bridge displays double markings.
- Fixed Cars driving through Copenhagen Opera House.
- Fixed Copenhagen Opera House LOD popping.
- Added collisions to the Tjörn Bridge.
- Fixed Kullen Lighthouse vegetation clipping.
- Fixed Øresund Bridge terraforming issue.
- Fixed Brøndby Stadium spawning.
- Fixed the Bolt Arena missing collision.
- Fixed Roskilde Cathedral Cars driving up the building.
- Fixed Helsinki Ice Hall LOD popping.
- Fixed Blue Water Arena missing collision.
- Fixed Arctic Cathedral LOD popping.
- Fixed Aalborg Stadium missing collision.
- Fixed Tromsø Bridge Road traffic under and beside the Bridge.
- Fixed floating TIN artifacts/crane near Helsinki Olympic stadium.
- Fixed Hallgrímskirkja Church missing collision.
- Fixed Eleda Stadion LOD popping.
- Fixed Ullevaal Stadion LOD transition.
- Added collisions to the Ylisto Bridge beams.
- Fixed Sparebanken Sør Arena LOD popping.
- Fixed Sölvesborg Bridge vegetation clipping.
- Stockholm Arlanda Airport ESSA:
- improved LOD transition of several buildings.
- Added collisions to all buildings.
- Fixed terraforming issues include the crack on runway 26.
- Fixed big crack in runway 26.
- Svalbard Airport ENSB:
- Added missing collision to Airport hangar.
World Update 7 – Australia
- Fixed occasional displacement of dynamic flags on Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- Fixed vegetation clipping and placement issues at Anzac Bridge, Sydney.
- Fixed vegetation clipping at Mooney Mooney Bridge.
- Fixed flashing geometry on Tasman Bridge, Hobart.
- Adjusted photogrammetry exclusions at 568 Collins Street, Melbourne.
- Minor enhancements at several other locations, e.g., clipping vegetation or water exclusions.
- YSHL Shellharbour Airport:
- Minimized visible LOD changes of hangars and other buildings.
World Update 8 – Iberia
- Fixed location of Fort of Sao Joao Baptista and Covão dos Conchos.
- Fixed or adding collisions:
- Oscar Niemeyer International Cultural Centre.
- Royal Palace of Madrid.
- the Museu Nacional d Art de Catalunya.
- the Estádio Algarve.
- Bom Jesus do Monte.
- Alqueva Dam.
- Aldeadavila Dam.
- the Museum of Art Architecture and Technology.
- Estadio Jose Alvalade.
- Fixed LOD popping:
- Montjuic Castle.
- Estadio Da Luz.
- Episcopal Palace of Astorga.
- Covão dos Conchos.
- San Pablo Bridge.
- Torre Mapfre.
- Basilica de La Sagrada Familia.
- Oscar Niemeyer International Cultural Centre.
- Puente Nuevo.
- Fort of Sao Joao Baptista.
- Estádio Municipal de Aveiro.
- Estádio do Dragão.
- Hotel Arts.
- Observatorio Roque de los Muchachos.
- El Monumento Natural de los Mallos de Riglos.
- Palacio de Deportes de Santander.
- Catedral de Leon.
- the Alamillo Bridge.
- Fixed Montjuic Castle vegetation clipping.
- Fixed Z-fighting in front of the Museum of Art Architecture and Technology.
- Fixed Estádio Cidade de Coimbra double markers.
- Fixed Puente Nuevo Cars path.
- Fixed Guadiana International Bridge 2D footprints over the satellite imagery.
- Fixed Freixo Bridge- car traffic driving up below the Bridge.
- Fixed Third Millennium Bridge Cars traffic issue.
- Fixed Maria Pia Bridge- Cars climbing up to top of Bridge.
- Fixed Luís I Bridge displays Cars traffic path.
- Fixed Santiago Bernabeu Stadium seats texture.
- Fixed Castillo de Santa Barbara texture gaps.
- Fixed the animation of the Gondola on the Vizcaya Bridge.
- Fixed Bom Jesus do Monte trees clipping into the building.
- Fixed Alqueva Dam texture.
- Fixed Alcázar de Segovia terrain clipping.
- Fixed Pena Palace trees clipping into the POI.
- Fixed El Flysch Zumaya and El Capricho Villa POIs name spelling.
- Fixed Rande Bridge Cars path and trees clipping into the POI.
- Fixed Aldeadvila Dam vegetation clipping.
- Fixed Alcázar de Segovia trees clipping into the POI.
- Fixed El Monasterio de El Escorial Z-fighting.
- Fixed Monumento a Alfonso XII Z-fighting.
- Fixed 516 Arouca bridge vegetation clipping.
- Pico Airport LPPI:
World Update 9 – Italy & Malta
- Fixed Duomo Di Orvieto LOD popping.
- Added missing collisions to Basilica San Francesco.
- Fixed Torri Di San Marino LOD popping.
- Fixed Diga Di Santa Giustina terrain LOD popping.
- Added missing collision to Torri Di San Marino.
- Fixed Faro Di Capo Caccia cliffs collision.
- Fixed Castle of Corigliano Calabro vegetation clipping.
- Fixed Fort Manoel collision.
- Fixed Castello Di Graines collision.
- Fixed Caserta Royal Palace collision.
- Fixed Place Moulin Dam vegetation clipping.
- Fixed Fénis Castle textures issues.
- Fixed Potola Palace bridges terrain blending.
- Fixed Fort St Angelo vegetation clipping.
- Fixed Castelsardo invisible terrain issues.
- Fixed Palazzo Pitti Z-fighting and LOD popping.
- Fixed Fort St Angelo vegetation clipping.
- Fixed National Stadium Ta’Qali collisions.
- Fixed Fénis Castle vegetation clipping and Added collisions.
- Fixed Parish Church of Mellieha missing textures.
- Fixed Mi.Co. Gate 2 vegetation clipping.
- Fixed Basilica San Francesco vegetation clipping.
- Fixed Maxxi the National Museum collisions.
- Fixed Lighthouse Of Genoa powerlines, DEM and generic buildings clipping.
- Fixed Allianz Stadium vegetation clipping.
- Fixed Viadotto Sfalassa vegetation clipping.
- Fixed Basilica Di San Pietro vegetation and TIN clipping.
- Fixed Basilica Di San Petronio TIN clipping.
- Added missing collisions to Stadio Marcantonio Bentegodi.
- Fixed Castelsardo Z-fighting and vegetation clipping.
- Fixed Grotta Di Nettuno vegetation clipping.
- Marina Di Campo Airport LIRJ:
World Update 10 – USA
- Fixed Mount Washington Hotel terraforming.
- Fixed National Park of American Samoa’s Marker position.
- Fixed textures stretched in Royal Gorge Bridge & Park’s Rock.
- Fixed Z-fighting on the roof of the Getty Museum.
- Fixed the Smithsonian National Museum of American History display name.
- Fixed the Cabo Rojo Lighthouse marker position and windows textures issues.
- Fixed the vegetation clipping into the Independence Temple.
- Fixed the New Orleans bridges collisions.
- Fixed the US flag in Little Rock Central High School National Historic Site.
- Fixed the Longaberger Company headquarters and Fort Massachusetts collision.
- Fixed LODs transitions for the following POIs:
- Split Rock Lighthouse.
- Kentucky State Capitol.
- Indian River Inlet Bridge.
- World War II Memorial.
- Cabo Rojo Lighthouse.
- Yerkes Observatory.
- Montana State.
- Mount Washington.
- Theodore Roosevelt Dam.
- the Independence Temple.
- Fort Massachusetts.
- National Gallery of Art.
- Lake Tahoe Airport KTVL:
- Added collisions for few missing buildings.
- Block Island Airport KBID:
- Added collisions for few missing buildings.
- Dallas Forth Worth Airport KDFW:
- Fixed few terraforming issues in the airport.
- Runways types are now defined.
- Fixed the Water cracks present at Seven Seas Lagoon near.
World Update 11 – Canada
- Fixed TIN buildings exclusion near Hatley Park National Historic Site.
- Fixed blend of Samuel de Champlain Bridge surrounding terrain.
- Fixed the double markers of the One on the World map.
- Fixed Cars floating above Pierre-Laporte Bridge.
- Fixed Cars flow over Jacques Cartier Bridge and Angus L. Macdonald Bridge.
- Fixed big Nickel POI name.
- Fixed the vegetation clipping through Burrard Street Bridge.
- Fixed Z fighting on the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
- Fixed LOD popping of Cape Bonavista Lighthouse cliffs and Cape Spear Lighthouse National Historic cliffs.
- Fixed the vegetation clipping into the zipline at the Cape Enrage Lighthouse.
- Fixes Pierre-Laporte Bridge terrain alignment.
- Fixed the vegetation clipping into the A. Murray MacKay Bridge and Thousand Islands Bridge.
- Fixed Lions Gate Bridge alignment with tterrain and road.
- Fixed terrain spikes going through Jacques Cartier Bridge.
- Fixed Holes in terrain all around Citadel Hill (Fort George).
- Fixed terrain LOD popping around Parliament of Canada.
- Fixed terraforming at the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
- Fixed TIN data displays next to Fisgard Lighthouse.
- Added missing building on the Canadian High Arctic Research Station.
- Added missing building for the Cambridge Bay Radar Station.
- Fixed collisions of Jacques Cartier Bridge, The Lions Gate Bridge and The Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
40th Anniversary Edition / Sim Update 11
- Meigs Field KCGX:
- Fixed Z-fighting in runway and tarmac.
- Fixed taxi to parking after landing.
- Starting in KCGX helipad while helicopter is selected is now available.
- ATIS is now available.
- Hong Kong Kai Tak Airport VHHX:
- Added collisions to multiple buildings.
- Fixed the too low glideslope.
- Fixed the ILS range for runway 13.
- ATIS is now available.
- Princess Juliana Airport TNCM:
- Added collisions to few missing buildings.
- Fixed the LOD transitions.
- First Flight Airport KFFA:
- Fixed Z fighting on pathway.
- Lingotto Building LIBH:
- Fixed the too High collision preventing smooth landing.
- Fixed Z- fighting on the roof of the building.
- NYC Heliport KJRB – Added collisions for few missing items.
- Tokyo Heliport – Added collisions for few buildings.
- US Bank Tower Helipad:
- marker is now centered over the helipad.
- Fixed LOD transition.
- Heliponto Mirante Dona Marta SMDH:
- Heliport collisions has been fixed.
- Fixed LOD transition.
- Menara Telekom Tower Helipad:
- marker is now centered over the helipad.
- Fixed Z-fighting on Water near the tower.
- Bitexco Financial Tower – Fixed LOD transition.
- London Heliport EGLW – Removed building appeared inside the Airport perimeter while photogrammetry is off.
- Needles Lighthouse – Lighthouse Light is now spinning.
- Issy-Les-Moulineaux Heliport:
- marker is now centered over the helipad.
- Glider Airports:
- Itakura Gliderport RJT1 – Fixed ground and runway textures.
Game of the Year Edition
- All Voloports are now possible to use as helipads.
- Issy-Les-Moulineaux Heliport- Voloport is now available as helipad.
- La Defense Voloport is is now available as helipad.
- Fixed LOD transition for all Voloports.
- Fixed Le Bourget Voloport name spelling.
- Lugano Airport LSZA:
- Collision has been Added to multiple objects.
- Fixed floating lights around the airport.
- Fixed Z-fighting on airports’ tennis courts.
Top Gun Maverick
- Fixed the clipping through the rocks at Seneca Rocks Peak.
- Fixed Haines Knob collision is size.
- Fixed collisions in Germany Valley Quarry.
- Fixed French Gulf Marina has LOD transition.
- Fixed LOD popping in Riffle Lake Dam.
submitted by FlyWithSeedyL
to MicrosoftFlightSim [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 14:44 BusinessDirect3837 2014 Freightliner Sprinter High Roof 170" WB Stealth $57k
| || |$57k or best offer submitted by BusinessDirect3837 to CamperVans [link] [comments]
. Trying to sell it before the end of the month.
I am 6’4 and have comfortably traveled the US in the past year living in this van and working full time as a software engineer. The van is in a great condition and comes with everything that you need to hit the road. I'm only selling it because I've achieved my goal of traveling to all 50 states and now it's time for me to pursue new adventures. https://preview.redd.it/wbv70z52j3pa1.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=8718833717fdb72923c9f3272c45c6d3843b5d9d https://preview.redd.it/pnx1h362j3pa1.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=475565dd4d932a60d26f7bed7675e3bf24233384 https://preview.redd.it/w3l9b362j3pa1.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=36a76bee2e0ffda1531df0197dab7f3824851f5d https://preview.redd.it/kvsuy262j3pa1.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=d42b8c4ba875907eadc2600ac31968b9d9e05d63 https://preview.redd.it/idj1w362j3pa1.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=8f165540f009f58fd74045a74a06c97df6c3247e
https://preview.redd.it/2lj4xiu8j3pa1.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=92f0a14282fcdcb27928bbd0676eaa1fcd8c66de https://preview.redd.it/youe6eu8j3pa1.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=4c305c7465bc439bfbfa30299a575798d0c54589 https://preview.redd.it/30439fu8j3pa1.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=bbb3ed70810a9ca72fa05ee2d2735821794cfc56 https://preview.redd.it/fzz5beu8j3pa1.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=cafe163d65a2596074d86693e381a8c138643d97 https://preview.redd.it/lhlws7u8j3pa1.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=e8874a3ad7aada5868701ebaa7730c8099e5d380
The van's wiring was done with great attention to detail. There are plenty of 12V and 120V outlets throughout the van, including in cabinets. There are fuses for all the outlets, ensuring that even if something with high voltage is plugged in, the system will remain safe as everything is protected by appropriate fuses. The wires are labeled and organized, and all joints are sturdy.
The van's power system includes 600aH batteries, 350 Watt Solar Panels, and a DC to DC charger. This setup has never caused any issues, and the batteries are typically charged between 80-90%. Even on cloudy days, I could go a few days using everything on full power without any problems. There's a Renogy app that tells you how much power is left in the batteries and other information.
The van's lighting was designed with stealth in mind, and provides ample light. There are dimmable 120V lights on the ceiling with switches at the entrance and near the bed, as well as 12V lights under the kitchen and storage cabinets and under the bed. Additionally, there are configurable LED lights around the padded headboard that can be adjusted for color, brightness and patterns.
The van has two Maxxair 05100K Ventilation Fans, one above the bed and one in the main area. These fans can blow in or out, allowing for optimal airflow when used in conjunction with the Sirocco fan on the wall, which is highly adjustable and can be directed towards the workspace or bed.
The heating system uses a Propex HS2000 heater, which is superior to commonly used Buddy heaters. The Propex heater features two chambers, one for burning propane and another for circulating hot air. All burned propane and exhaust gasses are released outside of the van, eliminating any health or mold concerns. The van was able to maintain a comfortable temperature inside even during a winter storm when temperature outside dropped to 4 degrees.
Black walnut countertops with ample space and includes a Dometic CD-50, 50L Drawer Refrigerator and Freezer. I use InstantPot for cooking, which uses electricity, but the propane locker has been carefully designed to accommodate any other cooking equipment if desired. The van's water system utilizes 5-gallon jugs that can be easily replaced at most grocery stores, with a total of 30 gallons of water storage in the back. There is also an option to install a larger water tank underneath the van, if desired.
- 132k miles
- DIESEL engine
- Full inspection on 2/17
- No accidents
- Regular maintenance
- Backup camera
- 6.8" Pioneer Display with built-in Amazon Alexa, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and Bluetooth
- Weathertech floor mats
- New tires
2023.03.21 14:23 Possible-Abrocoma516 The Importance of Heating and Air Conditioning Services
The home is one of the places where you are supposed to experience total comfort at all times. However, there are times when environmental conditions threaten to compromise this comfort. These environmental conditions include:
Extreme temperatures; when it is either too hot or too cold
Dust particles and other allergens in the environment.
Good heating and air conditioning services do their best to regulate these conditions to make sure you are comfortable in the home. Here, are a few of the benefits that you will get when you invest in quality HVAC services.
To start with, installing heating systems in the house helps keep the house warm during the colder months. There is nothing that is more disorienting than going to bed in a cold house on a winter night. The most uncomfortable part is taking a bath with cold water in the colder months. Water and house heating systems help you keep warm and avoid infections that might result from the cold weather.
Secondly, AC is very beneficial when it comes to cooling down the temperatures during the summer months. Temperatures get quite high especially outside during summer. It feels good to step in the house and get refreshing cooler temperatures. A good air conditioning system in the house regulates the temperatures to what is suitable for all seasons.
Air conditioning systems have the ability to remove dust particles and all other types of allergens from the environment. There are people who are allergic to pollen, dust and other particles from the environment. Air conditioning services help purify the air and protect you from allergic reactions and illnesses such as asthma.
There are many more benefits that come with having heating and air conditioning systems in the home.
Tips in selecting the best HVAC systems
If you want to have a comfortable time in the house, you need to select quality heating and air conditioning repair service
. The choices can be quite tricky especially with the many service providers and products in the market. However, the following tips should help you get top quality products and services.
- When purchasing heaters and ac unit, always go for the brands that have been tested and proven to be leaders when it comes to air conditioning. The top brands usually cost more than the others. But by the end of the day, the service and durability you get is all worth the cost.
- If for some reason your systems have stopped working, take time and select the most skilled heating and air conditioning services providers to repair the systems for you. DIYs are a good idea, but if it is an issue you are not sure about, avoid attempting to do it.
Those are some tips to have in mind when going for HVAC goods and services. Lastly, remember that the comfort of your home largely depends on the environmental conditions that surround it. Make your house a heaven by adding quality heating and air conditioning services. After all, if you are not comfortable in the home, where else will you be?
submitted by Possible-Abrocoma516
to u/Possible-Abrocoma516 [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 14:12 Wonderful-Ad-6070 first time
A post in another thread had me reminiscing on my first blast. Here it is. Let's hear yours
Oh god the first time…
I was in Arizona outside tucson, driving my old VW bug sand mod, was sometime in the early 90s. The bug broke down, it was late and I was broke, smoking on my last joint, started walking down The road to start the long hike home until I could figure what else to do. This caddy pulled up, super hot chick driving with a dude in passengers. They ask me if I need a ride, im like well yea…then they ask if I party. Im like well hell yea. But im broke as a joke. She says don't sweat it, we about to light up a hotel room, you wanna join? I thought, thank you god.
I climb in back and they take off. I'm a little uneasy since I dont know these people from Adam and there's that possibility they're some weirdos but I figure scared money never made money…what else was I facing that night? Hell with it.
They pull up to a motel 6 and check in a room just as promised. We pass a few js around and she opens a bottle of cognac. Then after a few she asks me if I ever did meth. I was like, no but I don't plenty of cocaine so…but she says oh no this is similar but also very different. She says she don't ordinarily turn nobody on first time on principle but since I look like I got my shit together in my head then if im.down she'll give me some and make sure im ok. They're shooting so she takes out a vrand new needle in front if me and rinsed it in bleach anyway just to put me at ease since it wss also the first time I ever shot anything.
There was no way I could shoot myself, having a needle phobia. She says she'll shoot for me. I give her my arm and look away. She wipes a spot, compliments me on my “junkies dream” veins and hits me. I try my best to act stoic, and like im fine. But then a moment later it was a damn good thing I was standing next to the bathroom at the time because suddenly out of nowhere I had an overwhelming urge to throw up, and as soon as I got my head over the toilet bowl I just hurled hard.
I kinda crouched in front of the toilet a minute to collect myself. Idk if they heard me puke but they did ask me through the door if i was ok. I said yea yea im perfect sorry ill be right out. They were like, ok cool, we is waiting on u.
I hated to be rude and as soon as that episode came on it was over and I thought I'd be ok now. Shaking it off, I walked out of the restroom into the main room. And what happened next, both visually and psychoactively, has been and forever will be burnt into my memories as long as I live.
At the same exact time my head literally went into such an intense rush it felt like I was just transported into a 747 jet and the pilot was saying, fasten your seatbelt folks, we're off to New York. I not only felt the rush but heard it in my ears and an electric tingling went from the top of the back of my skull straight down my spine and it felt like every nerve in my body came alive with a whoosh in my ears. I shook and couldn't control it. I felt my eyeballs wanting to zing back and forth and speaking coherently was impossible. The single biggest rush I ever felt before and since.
At this same time, what my eyes were still able to see was something my poor rushing out brain had a hard time taking in and comprehending.
The girl and the dude were already in bed. Completely naked. Looking up at me, saying well, bout time you got outta there. All freshener up? We been waiting for you. Care to hop in? Smiling slyly at me, masturbating each other.
All i recall is somewhat recovering my ability to speak and in a sort of shock which left the scene in front of me seeming so unreal and surreal, I said…uh…I thought you two were hubs and wife or at least gf/bf?? The dude laughs and says, oh no man, she picked me up about 5 minutes before you! She chimes in and says hey look, I been straight up with u so far and I'll continue to be. Im married with a whole life full of responsibility. .and once in awhile, I like to break free and get me some dope and pick up a few studs like you and fuckfest til the sun comes up. So now that you're high, you gonna just stand there or you gonna fuck me now?
To the hilarity and feigned dismay of some guys I've told this to, I either fortunately or not finally freaked out at this point. Between the incredible rush my head was going through and this random, freaky situation in front of me, I guess it was all too much for my young brain to handle. I thanked them for the high and the offer but declined and all i recall was getting a paranoid feeling like the walls were closing in around me and I had to get outside for air. I walked out, closed the door and began running....running…
By the time I stopped running i was a mind blowing distance away from that hotel and already 3/4 of the way home, wheezing but still amazed I was able to run that far at all without being totally exhausted. I walked the rest of the way home, sat in front of my window and just stared at the rising sun and the street. A million thoughts racing through my mind at once. And stayed there until I fell asleep like a whole day later.
I recall it in a similar way to my experiences on LSD. Very weird, very surreal. I used to wonder what if I had joined in that little “fuckfest” she wanted. If I would have began my meth use long before I actually did (it wasa few years before I saw meth again). I guess im glad for what I did because aids was just getting really big and who knows right.
Yea. I know. My lame ass missed out. Oh well.
submitted by Wonderful-Ad-6070
to meth [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 13:23 plainenglish2 “Mr. Queen” (historical and cultural backgrounders for international viewers, with references to other K-dramas)
| || |https://preview.redd.it/c457fbhcu2pa1.jpg?width=450&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=6a0dca102a3c06acfe92c85fac05b2feb05f86cd Index: submitted by plainenglish2 to KDRAMA [link] [comments]
Introduction; K-dramas are meant first (or primarily) for Korean viewers and only second for international viewers; A.
The historical figures who were fictionalized in this drama; the rivalry between the Andong Kim and Poonyang Jo clans and “sedo politics” (royal in-law politics); lawsuit filed by descendants of a historical figure against “The Princess’s Man”; connections of “Mr. Queen” to “Moonlight Drawn By Clouds” aka “Love in the Moonlight” and to “Kingdom” Season 2, Ep. 4; B.
Eps. 8 and 10: Persecution of Catholics during the Joseon Dynasty; the only K-drama I’ve seen that depicted the Catholic persecution in Joseon Korea is “Yi San, Wind in the Palace” (2007); C.
Ep. 8: Korean seesaw (“neolttwigi”); D.
Ep. 12: Surit-nal (Dano Festival); ceremonial robes and head gear of Joseon kings; E.
Ep. 14: Ice as a valuable commodity during the Joseon Dynasty; F.
Ep. 14: Donghak (religion, movement, peasant revolution); G.
Ep. 16: Difference between “Jo” and “Jong” in the posthumous (temple) names of the Joseon kings; the Joseon kings’ royal portraits and dramas such as “Painter of the Wind” and “Saimdang”; H.
Ep. 16: Secret Royal Investigators during the Joseon Dynasty; secret royal inpectors as depicted in “100 Days My Prince” and “Under The Queen's Umbrella”; I.
Miscellaneous notes: Ep. 11: the fight with fans as weapons; “jangot” or head covering for noblewomen during the Joseon Dynasty ; the beautiful bridge across the pond in Ep. 1 and other episodes
K-dramas are meant first (or primarily) for Korean viewers and only second for international viewers. Just like in other dramas, the historical, cultural, and political references in “Mr. Queen” are well known to the Korean viewers. On the other hand, we, the international viewers, must dig deep into Wikipedia and other sources (or post questions in forums like this) so that we can understand what’s going on.
For example, some people who have seen “Mr. Queen” said that they couldn’t stand the court politics or the infighting between the different factions because the drama didn’t provide any context. Well, the court politics and the infighting between the different factions happened between the Andong Kim and Poonyang Jo clans, which are well known to Korean viewers and thus, no context was necessary.
When “Saimdang” was first broadcast in 2017, I joined the on-air discussions of the drama in the Soompi Forums. In that forum, whenever I had questions about the drama, I had two go-to persons: for questions about Korean language, culture, and history, I asked “gerrytan8063”; whenever I had questions about Chinese characters used in the drama, I asked “liddi.” I haven’t joined the Soompi discussions after I found reddit, and so I don’t know if “gerrytan8063” and “liddi” are still active there.
Where can we turn to when we, as international viewers, have questions about Korean language, culture, and history as they relate to K-dramas?
There’s Quora, of course; “bodashiri” in Tumblr has a form in his website where he/she says, “Ask me anything.” Also, since 2012, the “Annals of the Joseon Dynasty” is being translated in English, with the project supposed to be finished in 2034. Certain portions of the English translation are available online, as you can read in “Globalization of Korean history” from the official Korean government history website.
Oh, maybe we can also use ChatGPT in learning about the historical, cultural, and language issues that we come across in K-dramas.
The very first K-drama that I watched in full was the 2014 blockbuster “My Love From The Star” starring Jun Ji-hyun and Kim Soo-hyun. In this drama, I first heard the term “Joseon Dynasty” and learned how the dynasty heavily influenced what Korea is today.
Before “My Love From The Star” however, I had seen one or two brief scenes from the 2003 blockbuster drama “A Jewel in the Palace” (aka “Dae Jang Geum”) starring Lee Young-ae. Sometime in 2005 or 2006, “A Jewel in the Palace” began sweeping the Philippines. Every night at around 6 o’clock, the streets would become empty, with people shouting to each other as they rush to their homes, “Jang Geum na!” (in English, “It’s Jang Geum time!”). Since that time, “A Jewel in the Palace” has been broadcast in the Philippines five times; that’s how popular it is among Filipinos.
I watched “A Jewel in the Palace” in its entirety only in 2015. Since then, I’ve seen each episode around four or five times already; whenever I feel depressed, I rewatch Ep. 6 where Jang Geum was exiled to the herb garden outside the palace
. Needless to say, Lee Young-ae is the love of my life. Next to Lee Young-ae, I love Han Hyo-joo (“Dong Yi”), Han Hye-jin (“Jumong”), Han Ga-in (“The Moon That Embraces The Sun”), Moon Chae-won (“The Princess’s Man”), Park Shin Hye (“The Royal Tailor”), Shin Se-kyung (“Six Flying Dragons”), Park Ha-sun (Queen In-hyun in “Dong Yi”), Nana (“Into The Ring”), and Go Ara (“The Joseon Magician”), in that order.
A. The historical figures who were fictionalized in this drama
; lawsuit filed by descendants of a historical figure against “The Princess’s Man” (Soompi); the rivalry between the Andong Kim and Poonyang Jo clans and “sedo politics” (royal in-law politics)
The main characters in “Mr. Queen” are So-yong (Queen Cheorin), played by Shin Hye-sun, and King Cheoljong, played by Kim Jung-hyun. Some of the secondary characters are Queen Sunwon (Grand Queen Dowager) of the Andong Kim clan and Queen Shinjeong (Queen Dowager) of the Poongyang Jo clan.
“Mr. Queen” is fictional, with the following genres: historical, comedy, time travel, and body swap. But its characters and background events are inspired by historical figures and events. For example, the lead character (King Cheoljong) and his background facts — growing up destitute on Ganghwa Island, puppet of the Andong Kim clan, relatives persecuted as Catholics, etc. — are all based on history. Also, the conflict between the Andong Kim clan and Poonyang Jo clan is historical.
King Cheoljong in “Mr. Queen” is a highly fictionalized character that’s different from the historical King Cheoljong. The drama portrays him to be secretly plotting to establish himself as a strong ruler against two warring political factions — the Andong Kim clan (led by Grand Dowager Queen Sunwon) and the Pungyang Jo clan (led by Dowager Queen Sinjeong)
A-1. Historical figures who were fictionalized in “Mr. Queen”:
(1) King Cheoljong
The 25th king of the Joseon Dynasty of Korea (25 July 1831 – 16 January 1864), he was a second cousin to the heirless Heonjong of Joseon, as well as a great-great grandson of Yeongjo of Joseon. He was chosen to become King by Senior Dowager Queen Sunwon (King Sunjo’s widow) and the powerful Andong Kim clan because he was illiterate and thus easy to manipulate.
Cheoljong ascended to the throne in 1849 at the age of 19 after King Heonjong died without an heir. As a distant relative of both the recently deceased king as well as a descendant of King Yeongjo, Cheoljong was selected for adoption by the Senior Dowager Queen Sunwon (King Sunjo’s widow) at the time and to allow him to ascend to the throne. The future Cheoljong was found on Ganghwa Island where his family had been in exile since the Catholic Persecution of 1801.
When the envoys (dispatched in order to seek for the future king) arrived on Ganghwa Island, they found the exiled remnants of the royal clan barely surviving in wretched poverty, and in the midst of that degradation, 19-year old Yi Won-beom was proclaimed King. Though from the start of the Joseon Dynasty Korean kings had given top priority to the education of their sons, Cheoljong could not even read a single word on the notice delivering congratulations to him on his elevation to the royal throne.
As part of the Andong Kim’s manipulation of Cheoljong, in 1851, the clan married Cheoljong to Kim Mun-geun’s daughter, known posthumously as Queen Cheor’in.
Cheoljong died at the age of 32 in 16 January 1864 (by suspected foul play by the Andong Kim clan, the same clan which made him king), without any surviving male heirs. Once again, it became necessary to search far back in the Yi lineage to find a candidate for the throne.
The only surviving [cropped] image of King Cheoljong (2) Queen Cheorin
: wife of King Cheoljong, also known as Queen Dowager Myeongsun (27 April 1837 – 12 June 1878).
Queen Cheorin belonged to the Andong Kim clan.
(3) Grand Dowager Queen: Queen Sunwon
(8 June 1789 – 21 September 1857), also known as Queen Dowager Myeonggyeong, was the spouse of Sunjo of Joseon. She served as regent of Korea from 1834–1841 and from 1849–1852.
(4) Queen Dowager: Queen Shinjeong
, also known as Queen Dowager Hyoyu, (21 January 1809 - 4 June 1890) was the only wife of Crown Prince Hyomyeong of Joseon and mother of King Heonjong of Joseon.
Queen Shinjeong belonged to the Poonyang Jo clan.
“Mr. Queen” was criticized for distorting history. Among the things that was criticized is the drama’s portrayal of the Queen Dowager (Queen Shinjeong in history) as being heavily involved in shamanism
From “Descendants of Sin Sook-joo sue The Princess’ Man” (Soompi): “According to the Seoul District Court, 108 descendants of old Sin claimed a damage suit of KRW 3 billion [2.2 million US dollars] against the broadcasting company and the writer for negatively distorting the image of their ancestor Sin Sook-joo from the Chosun era.”
This lawsuit was filed in 2011; I couldn’t find any information about what happened to this lawsuit.
A-3: Andong Kim clan, Poongyang Jo clan, and “sedo politics” (royal in-law politics)
From New World Encyclopedia:
At the beginning of the 19th century, the Andong Kim clan, who had provided the Joseon state with several queens, had seized power almost everywhere in Korea. The social stagnation that resulted was a breeding ground for unrest. Corruption and embezzlement from the treasury and its inevitable exploitation were taken to extreme levels, and reached staggering proportions. One rebellion after another was accompanied by natural disasters.
The only aim of the Andong Kim clan was the preservation of their influence. Their fierce campaign to dominate the royal house had led to a situation in which almost all of the representatives of the royal family fled from Seoul. When the royal family produced intelligent and appropriate candidates for the accession, they were either accused of treason and executed or sent into exile, so when Heonjong died, leaving no son, no acceptable candidate could be found to succeed to the throne.
From “Exactly how much power did the Andong Kim Clan have in the Joseon court? How did they attain such power?” (Quora, by Michael L. Best) :
“How did the Andong Kim clan attain power? By intermarrying with the royal family, enthroning young and easy to control men as king, purging political rivals, and, very likely, killing off any king when they begin to threaten their power.”
“After Queen Jeongsun stepped down [in 1805 as regent of King Sunjo], Queen Sunwon’s father, Kim Jo-soon, began to make his move. Kim Jo-soon, who at that time was already of high rank within the royal court, began to purge all his political rivals to help secure the position of his family and political faction. At the same time corruption in the civil service examination increased, likely in the form of bribes to the Kim clan.”
The term “sedo politics” (royal in-law politics) describes the period 1800 to 1863 when national politics in Joseon was exclusively led by a few powerful royal in-law families, most notably the Andong Kim and Poongyang Jo clans.
From“Collusive Oligopolistic Politics: Sedo and the Political Structure of Early-Nineteenth-Century Choson Korea”
by Tae Yeon Eom (2012 thesis, University of British Columbia):
In contemporary Korean historiography, the reign periods of King Sunjo (r. 1800-1834), King Hŏnjong (r.1834-1849), and King Ch’ŏlchong (r. 1849-1863) are generally called “The Era of Sedo Politics” in Chosŏn Korea (1392-1910). In contemporary Korean historiography, the political theme of sedo predominated after the death of King Chŏngjo (r. 1776-1800), when national politics was exclusively led by a few powerful royal in-law families, most notably the Andong Kim and P’ungyang Cho clans, for sixty-three years. Obviously, those two major clans enjoyed extensive political authority and high social status in the nineteenth century.
Queen Shinjeong was portrayed by Chae Soo-bin in the 2016 hit “Moonlight Drawn By Clouds” aka “Love in The Moonlight." Queen Shinjeong’s husband Crown Prince Hyomyeong (King Munjo) was portrayed by Park Bo-gum.
In Season 2 , Ep. 4 of “Kingdom,” Crown Prince Lee Chang visited in Ganghwa Island his distant relative Prince Noseong, an impoverished member of the royal family. The drama portrays Prince Noseong as a lowly fisherman but who’s a well-read man
. This character was probably based on King Cheoljong (1831-1864), the last puppet king of the Andong Kim clan. Unlike the drama, however,
in history, King Cheoljong was illiterate, which made it easy for him to be controlled by the Andong Kim clan.
“Kingdom” Season 2, Ep. 4 B. Eps. 8 and 10: References to the persecution of Catholics during the Joseon Dynasty
In Ep. 8, at around the 43:00 mark, Bong-hwan (Queen Cheorin) remembers what he learned in history classes about King Cheoljeong; among other things, he remembers that King Cheoljong’s “grandmother and aunt got killed by getting baptized.”
In Ep. 10, at around the 46:57 mark, the Royal Chef tells Queen Cheorin (Bong-hwan) that he lives alone because all of his family were killed in 1839
. Queen Cheorin (Bong-hwan) then recalls that he was referring to the “Gihae Persecution.”
Some of the well-known persecution of Catholics during the Joseon Dynasty were the Sinyu Persecution of 1801, the Gihae Persecution of 1839, the Byeongo Persecution of 1846, and the Byeongin Persecution of 1866.
From “A Brief History of the Catholic Church in Korea” (WSJ) : “The Sinyu Persecution - In 1801, more than 300 people were killed as the ruling Joseon Dynasty, under newly ascended King Sunjo, staged a clampdown on the Catholic Church in Korea, ostensibly because the religion clashed with ideals of Neo-Confucianism and threatened the social hierarchical system. Yi Seung-hun was among those executed.”
From “Korean Catholicism marked by volatile history“
(Korean JoongAng Daily) : “Catholic believers suffered numerous rounds of persecution - the Sinhae Persecution (1791), the Sinyu Persecution (1801) and the Byeongin Persecution (1866) to name just a few - with about 10,000 missionaries and believers killed over a century.”
B-3. The only K-drama I’ve watched that depicted the persecution of Catholics during the Joseon Dynasty is “Yi San, A Wind in the Palace.”
In Eps. 60-61, the brother of FL Sung Song-yeon and his fellow Catholics were blamed and arrested for an assassination attempt against King Jeongjo
C. Ep. 8: Korean seesaw (“neolttwigi”)
In the early part of Ep. 8, Queen Cheorin and her attendant play on a “neolttwigi” (Korean seesaw).
2nd photo from National Geographic by W. Robert Moore, circa 1931
From Folkency: “Neolttwigi (lit. jumping on a board) refers to seesawing, a traditional entertainment practiced mainly by women during the Lunar New Year season. A large rectangular board is supported in its middle by a round hay bundle and two players take turns pushing hard on their end of the board with their feet in order to make the other end spring up.”
It is thought that Yangban women developed “neolttwigi” to see over the walls that surrounded their homes, as women in traditional Korea were rarely allowed out of their living compounds, except at night. (Wikipedia, citing Rodney P. Carlisle, Encyclopedia of Play in Today’s Society, Volume 1)
D. Ep. 12: Surit-nal (Dano Festival); ceremonial robes and head gear of Joseon kings
In Ep. 12, King Cheoljong presides over the Royal Banquet during the celebration of the Surit-nal (Dano Festival). His ceremonial robe is called “gujangbok,” while the head gear is called “myeonryugwan”
(The Talking Cupboard) .
The robe and head gear were worn by the King and the Crown Prince during special events; with the head gear, the more the number of strings, the higher the rank. The jade object that he’s holding is called the “hol” (or “okgyu” depending on the type of jade used to make it.
E. Ep. 14: Ice was a valuable commodity during the Joseon Dynasty.
In Ep. 14, the Grand Queen Dowager tells Queen Cheorin (Bong-hwan) that ice is a valuable commodity in Joseon.
From “Summer on ice: How ice became an essential part of summer life in Korea”
During the Joseon era (1392-1910), ice was a national asset under the control of the king, and accordingly, a luxury for noblemen.
Harvested from rivers and ponds in the winter, ice blocks were stored at facilities called “binggo.” They were used for ancestral rituals, for medical purposes and to keep food cool. Seoul districts Seobinggo and Dongbinggo have their origins in the history of ice storage.
From “Keeping food cool, the ancient way”
(Korea JoongAng Daily) : “Since the year 505, or the 6th year of King Jijung’s reign, until the arrival of freon and electricity centuries later, Koreans used stone bunkers to store blocks of ice throughout the year. These seokbinggo, literally “stone ice storage,” were located around the country. Local governments sometimes delivered ice to palaces, but mostly used ice as a means to prevent special local products from spoiling on the way to a palace.”
From “Feeling the heat: The luxury of ice” in Joseon (Korea Times) by Robert Neff:
The Korean government maintained two large ice storage facilities at Seobinggo and Dongbingo, where huge slabs of river ice (nearly two meters long and about 12.5 centimeters thick) were covered with straw and preserved throughout the year. Court officials and others who possessed “bingpae” ― an ice ration card ― were regularly able to obtain a certain amount of this valuable commodity (based on their rank) for their own use.
The common people, however, had to either purchase ice on the black market or from ice merchants. The black market ice ― obtained illegally from one of the government ice storage facilities ― was probably considered to be safer but much more difficult to obtain and so most people had to rely on local ice vendors.
(1) “The Grand Heist”
is a 2012 South Korean historical comedy film about a gang of 11 thieves who try to steal ice blocks from the royal storage, Seobingo, during the last years of the Joseon era.
In Ep. 9 of “A Jewel in the Palace,” crisis hits as Lady Han falls sick
and Jang Geum, with Keum Young, is left to prepare the food for the king and his entourage in the royal hunt. When the Head Eunuch tells Jang Geum and Keum Young that the king wants cold noodles, he asks them if they brought ice with them. (When I first saw this scene back in 2015, I thought, “What’s the big deal with ice?”)
In Ep. 2 of “The Tale of Nokdu,” Yul Mu prepares for Dong Joo a dessert for breakfast. The gisaengs around him become awestruck after the package that his bodyguard brought turns out to be a small block of ice.
What Yul Mu prepared for Dong Joo is similar to “patbingsu” (“bingsu).” Bingsu was introduced to Korea during the Japanese colonial period, but according to “Snowy delights and variations on bingsu”
(Korea Herald) , shaved ice treats existed even during the Joseon Dynasty.
https://i.redd.it/n78c477zy2pa1.gif This is a bit off-topic, but notice two things after Yul Mu’s bodyguard finishes chopping the ice into smaller pieces:
(a) Before sheathing his sword into the scabbard, the bodyguard makes a downward slash with his sword and with a quick wrist flick; he did this to get rid of the water that may create rust in his sword. A swordsman also does this after slashing an enemy; blood may also cause the sword to become rusty.
(b) The bodyguard sheaths his sword into the scabbard with the bladed side up. Why? Two reasons. One, if the bladed edge is sheathed with the bladed edge down, gravity will pull the blade down into the scabbard, causing the blade to become dull. Two, it seems that when a sword is sheathed with the blade up, it’s easier to unsheathe the sword and quickly attack an enemy.
In Ep. 7 of Mr. Sunshine, Ae-shin and her servant Haman enjoy “patbingsu” (“bingsu”) in the French bakery.
F. Ep. 14: Donghak (religion, movement, peasant revolution)
In Ep. 14, the ministers threaten King Cheoljeong that if he does not order the execution of Dam Hyang (the little girl who saved Queen Cheorin from being poisoned), they will consider him as a supporter of the “Donghak” religion and its followers
Donghak (lit. “Eastern Learning”) was an academic movement in Korean Neo-Confucianism founded in 1860 by Choe Je-u. The Donghak movement arose as a reaction to seohak (“Western learning”), and called for a return to the “Way of Heaven.” While Donghak originated as a reform movement and revival of Confucian teachings, it gradually evolved into a religion known today as “Cheondoism” in Korea under the third patriarch.
Choe was alarmed by the intrusion of Christianity (Catholicism), and the Anglo-French occupation of Beijing. He believed that the best way to counter foreign influence in Korea was to introduce democracy, establish human rights and create a paradise on Earth independent of foreign interference.
In 1892 the small groups of the Donghak movement were united into a single Peasant Guerrilla Army or Donghak Peasants’ Army. The peasants worked in the fields during the day, but during the night, they armed themselves and raided government offices and killed rich landlords, traders, and foreigners. They confiscated their victims’ properties for redistribution.
Choe Je-u was executed as a criminal by the government. The movement was continued by Choe Si-Hyeong (1829–1898), who systematized its doctrine. He too was executed.
“Gov’t to commemorate Donghak Peasant Revolution for 1st time” ; “Korea celebrates 125th anniversary of Donghak Peasant Revolution in 1894 (2020)”
G. Ep. 16: Difference between “Jo” and “Jong” in the posthumous (temple) names of the Joseon kings
; the Joseon kings’ royal portraits and dramas such as “Painter of the Wind” and “Saimdang”
In Ep. 16, during the Royal Portrait painting session, Queen Cheorin wonders about the difference between between “Jo” and “Jong” in the posthumous (temple) names of the Joseon kings. The subtitles say that “jo” is added to the name of a king who’s honored for doing something great; on the other hand, “jong” is added to the name of a king who’s honored for his virtue. Well, this is just one of two reasons for the difference.
The website “dramasROK” in its in-depth article
cites Korean historian Sul Min Suk who gives two reasons for the difference:
(1) Relationship of the king to his predecessor:
“If the successor was the king’s son – or next in line to the throne – then that king was given a posthumous title ending in JONG.
“BUT if the king was not next in line to the throne and started a new line within the Yi dynasty then his posthumous name was JO.”
(2) “The ending JO was given to the founder of the dynasty – Taejo – for great achievements establishing a new dynasty. And then his descendants were supposed to be named JONG. So in a way, the title JO could be considered superior to JONG. And from now on this was the case. JO was seen as a more elite title to JONG. It started with King Seonjo…”
Relevant discussions: Why was King Sejong named "Sejong" instead of "Sejo"? and “Rulers of the Joseon Dynasty and KDrama Interpretations”
G-2. The Joseon kings’ royal portraits and dramas such as “Painter of the Wind” and “Saimdang”
Only seven portraits of five Joseon kings remain today as the others were destroyed during the Korean War (1950-1953). These surviving portraits are those of King Sejong, King Yeongjo, King Jeongjo, King Cheoljong, King Gojong, and King Sunjong. You can view these portraits at the Royal Portrait Museum in Jeonju, Korea.
For a more detailed depiction of how the Joseon kings’ royal portraits were drawn according to strict standards, you can watch “Painter of the Wind” (2008; Eps. 10-11) and “Saimdang” (2017; Ep. 22).
H. Ep. 16: Secret Royal Investigators during the Joseon Dynasty
; secret royal investigators as depicted in “100 Days My Prince” and “Under The Queen's Umbrella”
In Ep. 16, King Cheoljong sends his trusted man Hong as a secret royal investigator to the most corrupt place in south Joseon. In his confrontation with a nobleman in a gisaeng house, Hong displays his “mapae.”
From “Amhaeng-eosa - secret royal inspector in Joseon Kingdom”:
“They were undercover officials directly appointed by the king and were sent to local provinces to punish corrupt officials and comfort the sufferings of people while traveling incognito. The amhaeng-eosa system was one of the most excellent inspection systems in the world, the likes of which is very unique and hard to find in other countries.”
The “mapae” was the badge of the secret royal inspectors, and the number of horses carved on it indicated the number of horses that they could requisition from the royal stables (“saboksi”) in pursuit of their assignment. The secret royal inspectors also used the “mapae” to summon soldiers.
The book “Corea, The Hermit Kingdom” (1888) by William Elliott Griffis states several interesting things about the secret royal inspectors.
They were called “The Messengers on the Dark Path,” and to prevent them from abusing their powers, they were secretly monitored by a “yashi” or “Night Messenger.” Griffis states:
“An E-sa, or commissioner, who is to be sent to a distant province to ascertain the popular feeling, or to report the conduct of certain officers, is also called ‘The Messenger on the Dark Path.’ He receives sealed orders from the king, which he must not open till beyond the city walls. Then, without even going to his own house, he must set out for his destination, the government providing his expenses. He bears the seal of his commission, a silver plate having the figure of a horse engraved on it. In some cases he has the power of life and death in his hands.
“Yet, even the Messenger of the Dark Path is not free from espionage, for after him forthwith follows his ‘double’ the yashi or Night Messenger, who reports on the conduct of the royal inspector and also on the affairs of each province through which he passes. The whereabouts of these emissaries are rarely discoverable by the people, as they travel in strict disguise, and unknown.
“This system corresponds almost exactly to that of the ometsuke (eye-appliers), for many centuries in use in Japan, but abolished by the Mikado’s government at the revolution of 1868. It was by means of these E-sa or spies that many of the Corean Christians of rank were marked for destruction. The system, though abominable in free countries, is yet an excellent medium between the throne and the subject, and serves as a wholesome check on official rapine and cruelty.”
H-2. Secret royal inspectors as depicted in "100 Days My Prince" and "Under the Queen’s Umbrella":
In Ep. 7 of “100 Days My Prince,” a royal secret inspector (“Amhaengeosa”) saves Yul and Hong-shim from the corrupt magistrate and Master Park
. Hong-shim previously recognized that the man sleeping in her father’s room was a royal secret inspector because he was holding a “yuchuk” (a brazen ruler that inspectors used for several purposes, including making sure that the measurement system for taxation was correctly followed).
In Eps. 8-10 of “Under The Queen's Umbrella, as part of the contest, the Grand Princes and the princes disguise themselves as “secret royal inspectors” (“amhaeng-eosa”) in pursuit of the assignments given by King Lee Ho
. In some scenes, you can see the inspectors’ seal (badge) and tool: the “mapae” and the “yuchuk.”
I. Miscellaneous notes
: Ep. 11: the fight with fans as weapons; “jangot” or head covering for noblewomen during the Joseon Dynasty ; the beautiful bridge across the pond in Ep. 1 and other episodes
. Ep. 11: During the festival, King Cheoljoeong and Kim Byeong-in fight using fans as requested by the Grand Queen Dowager
. While they’re using ordinary fans, there’s actually a martial art system using a fan as a weapon.
: Tessenjutsu (Japanese; lit. “iron fan technique”) is the martial art of the Japanese war fan (tessen). It is based on the use of the solid iron fan or the folding iron fan, which usually had eight or ten wood or iron ribs. The use of the war fan in combat is mentioned in early Japanese legends.
In Ep. 11 of “Saimdang,”Lee Gyeom fights off Min Chi-hyung’s men using his fan.
Related resources: War Fan Tessen Techniques
and Why Samurai Carried and Fought with Fans Made of Metal
“Jangot” (alternative spelling ”changot”): similar to the outer jacket of a hanbok but with a collar and a ribbon for tying both sides; according to the principles of the Joseon Dynasty’s Confucianism, women were ordered not to show their face to men, so they would cover their faces in many ways while going out. (Wikipedia)
From “Veiling of Korean Women: The Neo-Confucian Influence in Comparison to the Veiling of Muslim Women”
by Hye Ok Park (Claremont Graduate University, Department of History) :
Different types of veils
“There were several different types of veils, Sseugae, worn by Korean upper-class women: Nuhwool, a black sheer silk framed veil to cover from head to waist (Figure 3), Jangot, a head and face-covering in the shape of overcoat, usually made of green pure silk with purple collar and chest straps to be tied at the chin (Figure 4), and Sseugae chima or shorter Jangot, worn by the lower-ranking upper-class women (Figure 5).
“Lower-class common women were not subjected, or allowed, to wear any headdresses except for the purpose of protection from weather, hot or cold, in which case they wore a simple square piece of cloth, called cheoneui, folded in half diagonally and tied in the back of the head. It was common that they did not wear anything to cover their heads or faces when they went out on their own or accompanying a noble woman as seen in Figure 1 above.”
The beautiful bridge and pond shown below are used as the location for several scenes in “Mr. Queen”, starting with Ep. 1. This bridge is located in the Gungnamji Pond (Historic Site No. 135) in Seodong Park; it is Korea’s first artificial pond and was created by King Mu from the Baekje Dynasty. The bridge and pond have been used in other dramas such as “The Flower in Prison,” “The Joseon Gunman,” and “The Tale of Nokdu.”
In digging up the historical and cultural backgrounders of the K-dramas that I watch, I rely on English language resources on the Internet. I don’t speak or read Korean, and so I can’t search through Naver. Those of you who read Korean or are more knowledgeable about Korean culture and history should correct whatever errors or omissions there may be in this discussion.
Other discussions that I have posted on the historical and cultural backgrounders of K-historical dramas:
“Hotel Del Luna” (some cultural backgrounders for international viewers)
“The Princess’s Man” (award-winning 2011 drama starring Moon Chae-won and Park Si-hoo)
“The Flower in Prison” (blockbuster 2016 drama starring Jin Se-yeon and Go-soo; 34 of its 51 episodes reached more than 20% viewership)
“Jejoongwon” (2010 historical-medical drama starring Han Hye-jin, Yeon Jung-hoon, and Park Yong-woo; Dramabeans ranked this drama as number one in its review of 2010 dramas)
“Chinilpa” (mini history lesson from "Chicago Typewriter")
Historical paintings depicted in "Saimdang, Light’s Diary"
Historical backgrounders for “The Red Sleeve” (2021) and “Yi San” (2007) with parallels and differences between these dramas
This discussion is rather long and may be a bit boring for those of you who don't like history. If you got tired reading this discussion, you can energize yourself by listening to Band-Maid’s performances during their 2022 USA tour. Band-Maid is an all-female Japanese band that mixes genres such as rock (hard, progressive, punk), metal, pop, jazz, and blues. Listen for example to “Freedom"
(anthem; watch out for the drum solo); “Daydreaming"
(power ballad; watch out for the lead guitar solo); “Wonderland”