Mercedes cls car cover
For fans of the greatest F1 Driver to have ever lived
2019.08.08 23:58 For fans of the greatest F1 Driver to have ever lived
Subreddit devoted to the most talented driver in Formula One, President of Grand Prix Racing and President of the Grand Prix Drivers Association, George Russell
2023.03.30 17:23 jacoba7424 4Runner car cover to prevent hail damage
| || | submitted by jacoba7424 to 4Runner [link] [comments]
Hi, I’m looking for a car cover for my Barcelona Red 4Runner that only gets a good ole reliable & free slice of street parking. I now live in a hail prone area around this time of the year, with storms increasing in number year over year lately.
Net/net, I’m not finding what I’m looking for online. Most posts suggest a clear coat or no cover altogether to avoid dust from damaging the paint. When it comes to 1 inch or bigger hail stones and insurance deductibles, I’d much rather take some dust-derived paint damage.
I think I’d need something close to this utility blanket from Caterpillar but it wouldn’t likely be a seamless tie-down process. https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200933178_200933178
It would also be nice to have reflective features since it’s street parked. Any suggestions?
2023.03.30 17:16 dksnoo SubReddit Directory: Discover the Best Groups, Forums, and Communities for All Your Indian Interests on Reddit! Here's the full list!
Welcome to a comprehensive list of subreddits related to India! Whether you are looking for forums to discuss relationships, fitness, food, films, sports, or any other topic related to India, you will find something interesting and engaging on this list.
If you are looking for general discussions on India, you can check out India
, and UnitedStatesofIndia
. For specific topics like legal advice, relationships, pets, and fitness, there are subreddits like LegalAdviceIndia
, and FitnessIndia
If you are interested in state-specific discussions, you can check out subreddits like Maharashtra
, and many more. For discussions related to Union territories, you can check out JammuAndKashmir
, and other subreddits.
If you love Indian music, movies, or literature, there are subreddits dedicated to Indian Bands, Indian Classical Music, Bollywood, and more. If you are a foodie, you can check out subreddits like IndianFood
For discussions related to religion, there are subreddits like Hinduism
, and many more. If you are interested in finance or business, you can check out subreddits like IndianInvestments
, and IndianStreetBets
These are just a few examples of the many subreddits available to discuss all aspects of India. With such a diverse range of communities, you are sure to find one that caters to your interests. Join the discussions, share your thoughts, and be a part of the vibrant Indian online community! Here's the full list.
- India Social: https://www.reddit.com/IndiaSocial/ A community for social news and discussion related to India. Members can share and discuss topics related to politics, culture, business, and entertainment.
- India: https://www.reddit.com/india/ The subreddit for India, a place to share and discuss everything related to India, including news, politics, culture, history, sports, and entertainment.
- United States of India: https://www.reddit.com/UnitedStatesofIndia/ A subreddit dedicated to news and discussions about the states and territories of India. Members can share and discuss anything related to the individual states, including their history, culture, politics, and economy.
- IndiaSpeaks: https://www.reddit.com/IndiaSpeaks/ A subreddit for open discussions about everything related to India, including politics, news, society, culture, history, and more.
- Relationship India: https://www.reddit.com/relationshipindia/ A community for discussing relationships, dating, and marriage in India. Members can share their experiences, ask for advice, and discuss relationship issues.
- TwoXIndia: A community for Indian women: https://www.reddit.com/TwoXIndia/ A community for Indian women to discuss a range of topics, including feminism, women's rights, health, and relationships. Members can share their experiences, ask for advice, and connect with other Indian women.
- LegalAdviceIndia: https://www.reddit.com/LegalAdviceIndia/ A subreddit dedicated to providing legal advice to Indian citizens. Members can ask for legal help and advice, and lawyers can offer their services and expertise.
- Pets: https://www.reddit.com/Pets/ A subreddit for pet owners and animal lovers around the world. Members can share pictures and stories about their pets, ask for advice, and connect with other pet owners.
- Ask India: https://www.reddit.com/askIndia/ A community where members can ask and answer questions about India, its people, culture, history, and more.
- Indian Moderate: https://www.reddit.com/IndianModerate/ A subreddit for moderate Indians to discuss current events, politics, society, and culture in a respectful and civil manner.
- Bharat: https://www.reddit.com/Bharat/ A subreddit for discussions related to Indian culture, history, religion, and spirituality.
- India Academia: https://www.reddit.com/IndiaAcademia/ A community for Indian academics and students to discuss research, education, and academic issues in India.
- Cars India: https://www.reddit.com/CarsIndia/ A subreddit for car enthusiasts in India. Members can share and discuss car reviews, news, and experiences.
- India Nostalgia: https://www.reddit.com/IndiaNostalgia/ A community for nostalgic Indians to share and discuss memories, photos, and stories from the past.
- Indian Mythology: https://www.reddit.com/IndianMythology/ A subreddit for discussion and exploration of Indian mythology, including gods, goddesses, epics, and legends.
- Indian Startups: https://www.reddit.com/indianstartups/ A community for Indian entrepreneurs, investors, and startup enthusiasts to share and discuss news, ideas, and experiences related to the Indian startup ecosystem.
- India Talks Sex: https://www.reddit.com/IndiaTalksSex/ A safe and inclusive community for Indian adults to discuss sex, sexuality, and relationships.
- LGBT India: https://www.reddit.com/LGBTindia/ A subreddit for the LGBT+ community in India. Members can share their experiences, ask for advice, and connect with other LGBT+ Indians.
- Incredible India: https://www.reddit.com/IncredibleIndia/ - A subreddit dedicated to exploring and celebrating the beauty and diversity of India through pictures, videos, and stories.
- Indian Books: https://www.reddit.com/IndianBooks/ - A community for Indian book lovers to discuss and recommend books, authors, and literary events.
- ISRO: https://www.reddit.com/ISRO/ - A subreddit dedicated to news, discussion, and information about the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).
- Indian Defence: https://www.reddit.com/IndianDefence/ - A community for discussions related to India's defense forces, equipment, strategy, and security policies.
- Uplifting Khabre (News) in India: https://www.reddit.com/UpliftingKhabre/ - A subreddit dedicated to sharing positive and inspiring news stories from India.
- Fitness India: https://www.reddit.com/FitnessIndia/ - A community for fitness enthusiasts in India to share tips, and advice, and motivate each other to achieve their fitness goals.
- Andhra Pradesh: https://www.reddit.com/AndhraPradesh/ - A subreddit dedicated to news, discussion, and events related to the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- Arunachal Pradesh: https://www.reddit.com/ArunachalPradesh/ - A community for people interested in Arunachal Pradesh to discuss its culture, geography, history, and current affairs.
- Assam: https://www.reddit.com/Assam/ - A subreddit for discussions related to the state of Assam, including its politics, culture, tourism, and more.
- Bihar: https://www.reddit.com/Biha - A community for people from Bihar or interested in Bihar to discuss its people, history, culture, and current events.
- Chhattisgarh: https://www.reddit.com/Chhattisgarh/ - A subreddit for discussions related to the state of Chhattisgarh, including its people, history, culture, and tourism.
- Goa: https://www.reddit.com/Goa/ - A community for people interested in Goa to discuss its culture, history, tourism, and current affairs.
- Gujarat: https://www.reddit.com/Gujarat/ - A subreddit for discussions related to the state of Gujarat, including its people, culture, tourism, and politics.
- Haryana: https://www.reddit.com/Haryana/ - A community for people interested in Haryana to discuss its culture, history, tourism, and current affairs.
- Himachal Pradesh: https://www.reddit.com/HimachalPradesh/ - A subreddit for discussions related to the state of Himachal Pradesh, including its people, culture, tourism, and politics.
- Jharkhand: https://www.reddit.com/Jharkhand/ - A community for people interested in Jharkhand to discuss its culture, history, tourism, and current affairs.
- Karnataka: https://www.reddit.com/Karnataka/ - A subreddit for discussions related to the state of Karnataka, including its people, culture, tourism, and politics.
- Kerala: https://www.reddit.com/Kerala/ - A community for people interested in Kerala to discuss its culture, history, tourism, and current affairs.
- Maharashtra: https://www.reddit.com/Maharashtra/ - A subreddit for discussions related to the state of Maharashtra, including its people, culture, tourism, and politics. Manipur: https://www.reddit.com/Manipu - This subreddit is dedicated to the northeastern Indian state of Manipur and covers a range of topics related to the region, including news, culture, politics, and tourism.
- Meghalaya: https://www.reddit.com/Meghalaya/ - This subreddit is all about Meghalaya, one of the seven sister states of Northeast India. It's a community for Meghalayans and anyone interested in the state's culture, nature, food, and more.
- Mizoram: https://www.reddit.com/mizoram/ - A subreddit for everything related to Mizoram, a beautiful state located in the northeastern part of India. Here, you can find discussions about the state's culture, language, music, and more.
- Nagaland: https://www.reddit.com/Nagaland/ - This subreddit is dedicated to Nagaland, one of the northeastern states of India. It's a place to discuss news, events, and culture related to the region.
- Odisha: https://www.reddit.com/Odisha/ - A subreddit for the state of Odisha, located on the eastern coast of India. This community covers a wide range of topics related to the state, including news, culture, cuisine, and tourism.
- Punjab: https://www.reddit.com/Punjab/ - A subreddit for everything related to Punjab, the northern Indian state known for its vibrant culture, food, music, and more. Here, you can find discussions about the state's history, language, and current events.
- Rajasthan: https://www.reddit.com/Rajasthan/ - This subreddit is dedicated to the beautiful state of Rajasthan, known for its magnificent forts, palaces, and deserts. Here, you can find discussions about the state's culture, history, and tourist destinations.
- Sikkim: https://www.reddit.com/Sikkim/ - A community for people interested in Sikkim, a small state located in the northeastern part of India. Here, you can find discussions about the state's culture, cuisine, and natural beauty.
- TamilNadu: https://www.reddit.com/TamilNadu/ - A subreddit dedicated to the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu, known for its rich history, literature, and cuisine. This community covers a wide range of topics related to the state, including news, culture, and tourism.
- Telangana: https://www.reddit.com/telangana/ - This subreddit is dedicated to the Indian state of Telangana, located in the southern part of the country. Here, you can find discussions about the state's culture, politics, and current events.
- Uttar Pradesh: https://www.reddit.com/UttarPradesh/ - A subreddit for the state of Uttar Pradesh, located in northern India. This community covers a wide range of topics related to the state, including news, culture, and tourism.
- Uttarakhand: https://www.reddit.com/Uttarakhand/ - A community for people interested in the beautiful state of Uttarakhand, known for its scenic beauty, culture, and adventure sports. Here, you can find discussions about the state's culture, history, and tourism.
- West Bengal: https://www.reddit.com/WestBengal/ - A subreddit for everything related to West Bengal, a state located in eastern India known for its vibrant culture, literature, and cuisine. Here, you can find discussions about the state's history, language, and current events.
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands: https://www.reddit.com/AndamanNicoba This subreddit is dedicated to the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, an archipelago in the Bay of Bengal. It's a place to discuss news, culture, history, tourism, and anything else related to these beautiful islands.
- Jammu and Kashmir: https://www.reddit.com/Kashmi This subreddit is dedicated to the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir, which is located in the northernmost region of India. It's a place to discuss news, culture, history, tourism, and anything else related to this unique state.
- Ladakh: https://www.reddit.com/Ladakh/ This subreddit is dedicated to the Indian union territory of Ladakh, which is located in the northernmost region of India. It's a place to discuss news, culture, history, tourism, and anything else related to this breathtakingly beautiful region.
- Lakshadweep: https://www.reddit.com/Lakshadweep/ This subreddit is dedicated to the Indian union territory of Lakshadweep, a group of islands located in the Arabian Sea. It's a place to discuss news, culture, history, tourism, and anything else related to these pristine islands.
- Puducherry: https://www.reddit.com/Puducherry/ This subreddit is dedicated to the Indian union territory of Puducherry, a former French colony located on the east coast of India. It's a place to discuss news, culture, history, tourism, and anything else related to this unique territory.
- Agra: https://www.reddit.com/Agra/ This subreddit is dedicated to the city of Agra, home to the world-famous Taj Mahal. It's a place to discuss news, culture, history, tourism, and anything else related to this historic city.
- Ahmedabad: https://www.reddit.com/Ahmedabad/ This subreddit is dedicated to the city of Ahmedabad, located in the western state of Gujarat. It's a place to discuss news, culture, history, tourism, and anything else related to this vibrant city.
- Allahabad: https://www.reddit.com/Allahabad/ This subreddit is dedicated to the city of Allahabad, now known as Prayagraj, located in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh. It's a place to discuss news, culture, history, tourism, and anything else related to this ancient city.
- Asansol: https://www.reddit.com/Asansol/ This subreddit is dedicated to the city of Asansol, located in the eastern state of West Bengal. It's a place to discuss news, culture, history, tourism, and anything else related to this bustling city.
- Bangalore: https://www.reddit.com/bangalore/ This subreddit is dedicated to the city of Bangalore, also known as Bengaluru, located in the southern state of Karnataka. It's a place to discuss news, culture, history, tourism, and anything else related to this cosmopolitan city.
- Bareilly: https://www.reddit.com/Bareilly/ This subreddit is dedicated to the city of Bareilly, located in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh. It's a place to discuss news, culture, history, tourism, and anything else related to this charming city.
- Bhopal: https://www.reddit.com/Bhopal/ This subreddit is dedicated to the city of Bhopal, located in the central state of Madhya Pradesh. It's a place to discuss news, culture, history, tourism, and anything else related to this historic city.
- Chandigarh - https://www.reddit.com/Chandigarh/ - A subreddit dedicated to Chandigarh, a city and union territory in northern India that serves as the capital of the states of Punjab and Haryana.
- Chennai - https://www.reddit.com/Chennai/ - A subreddit dedicated to the city of Chennai, the capital of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu, which is known for its rich history, cultural landmarks, and scenic beaches.
- Coimbatore - https://www.reddit.com/Coimbatore/ - A subreddit dedicated to Coimbatore, a city located in the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu known for its textile industry, educational institutions, and natural beauty.
- Dehradun - https://www.reddit.com/dehradun/ - A subreddit dedicated to Dehradun, a city located in the northern Indian state of Uttarakhand known for its scenic beauty, educational institutions, and military training academies.
- Durgapur - https://www.reddit.com/Durgapu - A subreddit dedicated to Durgapur, a city located in the eastern Indian state of West Bengal known for its steel industry, educational institutions, and scenic beauty.
- Delhi - https://www.reddit.com/Delhi/ - A subreddit dedicated to Delhi, the capital city of India and a Union Territory, known for its rich history, cultural landmarks, and bustling markets.
- Hyderabad - https://www.reddit.com/hyderabad/ - A subreddit dedicated to Hyderabad, a city located in the southern Indian state of Telangana known for its rich history, cultural landmarks, and delicious food.
- Indore - https://www.reddit.com/indore/ - A subreddit dedicated to Indore, a city located in the central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh known for its rich culinary culture, educational institutions, and scenic beauty.
- Jamshedpur - https://www.reddit.com/jamshedpu - A subreddit dedicated to Jamshedpur, a city located in the eastern Indian state of Jharkhand known for its steel industry, educational institutions, and scenic beauty.
- Kochi - https://www.reddit.com/Kochi/ - A subreddit dedicated to Kochi, a city located in the southern Indian state of Kerala known for its rich history, cultural landmarks, and scenic beauty.
- Kolhapur - https://www.reddit.com/Kolhapu - A subreddit dedicated to Kolhapur, a city located in the western Indian state of Maharashtra known for its rich cultural heritage, religious significance, and scenic beauty.
- Kolkata - https://www.reddit.com/kolkata/ - A subreddit dedicated to Kolkata, the capital city of the Indian state of West Bengal known for its rich history, cultural landmarks, and delicious food.
- Lucknow - https://www.reddit.com/Lucknow/ - A subreddit dedicated to Lucknow, a city located in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh known for its rich cultural heritage, delicious food, and scenic beauty.
- Mumbai - https://www.reddit.com/mumbai/ - A subreddit dedicated to Mumbai, the financial capital of India located in the western Indian state of Maharashtra, known for its vibrant culture, bustling markets, and scenic beaches.
- Nagpur - https://www.reddit.com/nagpu - A subreddit dedicated to Nagpur, a city located in the central Indian state of Maharashtra known for its rich history, cultural landmarks, and educational institutions.
- Nashik - https://www.reddit.com/nashik/ - A subreddit dedicated to Nashik, a city located in the western Indian state of Maharashtra known for its religious significance, scenic beauty, and wineries.
- NaviMumbai: https://www.reddit.com/NaviMumbai/ A subreddit for the planned city of Navi Mumbai, located in Maharashtra, India. Share news, events, and discussions related to the city.
- Pune: https://www.reddit.com/pune/ A subreddit dedicated to the city of Pune, located in Maharashtra, India. Share news, events, and discussions related to the city's culture, history, lifestyle, and other topics.
- Surat: https://www.reddit.com/Surat/ A subreddit for the city of Surat, located in Gujarat, India. Share news, events, and discussions related to the city's culture, history, lifestyle, and other topics.
- Trivandrum: https://www.reddit.com/Thiruvananthapuram/ A subreddit for the city of Thiruvananthapuram (also known as Trivandrum), located in Kerala, India. Share news, events, and discussions related to the city's culture, history, lifestyle, and other topics.
- Vijayawada: https://www.reddit.com/vijayawada/ A subreddit for the city of Vijayawada, located in Andhra Pradesh, India. Share news, events, and discussions related to the city's culture, history, lifestyle, and other topics.
- Indian Food: https://www.reddit.com/IndianFood/ A subreddit dedicated to Indian cuisine, including recipes, food photos, restaurant recommendations, and discussions related to Indian food culture.
- Indian Bands: https://www.reddit.com/indianbands/ A subreddit dedicated to Indian music bands, including news, concert updates, album releases, and discussions related to Indian music culture.
- Indian Classical Music: https://www.reddit.com/icm/ A subreddit dedicated to Indian classical music, including discussions on various genres, instruments, musicians, and concerts.
- Indian Pakistan Music: https://www.reddit.com/IPM/ A subreddit dedicated to Indian and Pakistani music, including discussions on various genres, artists, and trends.
- Indian Indie Music: https://www.reddit.com/indieindia/ A subreddit dedicated to independent music artists and bands in India, including news, releases, and discussions.
- Bollywood: https://www.reddit.com/BollyBlindsNGossip/ A subreddit dedicated to Bollywood news, rumors, and gossip, including discussions on movies, actors, and controversies.
- Indian Cinema: https://www.reddit.com/IndianCinema/ A subreddit dedicated to Indian movies and cinema culture, including news, reviews, recommendations, and discussions.
- Kollywood: https://www.reddit.com/Kollywood/ A subreddit dedicated to Tamil-language cinema, including news, reviews, and discussions on movies, actors, and trends.
- Tollywood: https://www.reddit.com/tollywood/ A subreddit dedicated to Telugu-language cinema, including news, reviews, and discussions on movies, actors, and trends.
- Malayalam Movies: https://www.reddit.com/MalayalamMovies/ A subreddit dedicated to Malayalam-language cinema, including news, reviews, and discussions on movies, actors, and trends.
- Bengali: https://www.reddit.com/bengali/ A subreddit dedicated to the Bengali language and literature, including discussions on poetry, prose, drama, and other genres.
- Hindi: https://www.reddit.com/Hindi/ A subreddit dedicated to the Hindi language and literature, including discussions on poetry, prose, drama, and other genres.
- Kannada: https://www.reddit.com/Kannada/ A subreddit dedicated to the Kannada language and literature, including discussions on poetry, prose, drama, and other genres.
- Malayalam: https://www.reddit.com/malayalam/ This subreddit is dedicated to the Malayalam language, spoken primarily in the Indian state of Kerala. Here, you can find discussions on various topics related to the language, culture, and lifestyle of the Malayali people.
- Marathi: https://www.reddit.com/marathi/ This subreddit is a community of Marathi speakers and enthusiasts who discuss various topics related to the Marathi language, culture, and lifestyle. You can find posts about Marathi literature, music, films, festivals, and much more.
- Pali: https://www.reddit.com/Pali/ This subreddit is for discussions related to the Pali language, which is the ancient language used to record the teachings of the Buddha. Here, you can find resources for learning the language, discussions about Pali literature, and debates about the meaning of Buddhist texts.
- Punjabi: https://www.reddit.com/punjabi/ This subreddit is for Punjabi speakers and enthusiasts to discuss various topics related to the Punjabi language, culture, and lifestyle. You can find posts about Punjabi music, films, food, festivals, and much more.
- Sahitya: https://www.reddit.com/Sahitya/ Sahitya is a subreddit dedicated to literature and poetry written in Indian languages. Here, you can find posts about various literary works, authors, and discussions about the state of literature in India.
- Sanskrit: https://www.reddit.com/sanskrit/ This subreddit is dedicated to the Sanskrit language, which is one of the oldest languages in the world. Here, you can find resources for learning Sanskrit, discussions about Sanskrit literature, and debates about the meaning of ancient texts.
- Tamil: https://www.reddit.com/tamil/ This subreddit is for Tamil speakers and enthusiasts to discuss various topics related to the Tamil language, culture, and lifestyle. You can find posts about Tamil music, films, food, festivals, and much more.
- Telugu: https://www.reddit.com/telugu/ This subreddit is dedicated to Telugu speakers and enthusiasts to discuss various topics related to the Telugu language, culture, and lifestyle. You can find posts about Telugu music, films, food, festivals, and much more.
- Urdu: https://www.reddit.com/Urdu/ This subreddit is for Urdu speakers and enthusiasts to discuss various topics related to the Urdu language, culture, and lifestyle. You can find posts about Urdu literature, music, films, food, festivals, and much more.
Finance, stocks, and investments
- Bahai: https://www.reddit.com/bahai/ This subreddit is for members of the Bahá'í Faith and those interested in the teachings of Bahá'u'lláh to discuss various topics related to the religion. You can find posts about Bahá'í teachings, community events, and discussions about the Bahá'í Faith.
- Buddhism: https://www.reddit.com/Buddhism/ This subreddit is for those interested in Buddhism, including practitioners of the religion and those who are simply curious about it. You can find posts about Buddhist teachings, practices, and discussions about the religion.
- Christianity: https://www.reddit.com/Christianity/ This subreddit is for Christians of all denominations to discuss various topics related to the religion. You can find posts about Christian teachings, community events, and discussions about different aspects of the Christian faith.
- Hinduism: https://www.reddit.com/hinduism/ This subreddit is for Hindus and those interested in the religion to discuss various topics related to Hinduism. You can find posts about Hindu teachings, practices, and discussions about the religion.
- Islam: www.reddit.com/islam/ - The subreddit for followers of Islam to discuss and share their experiences and perspectives on Islam, as well as current events and news related to the religion.
- Jainism: www.reddit.com/Jainism/ - A subreddit dedicated to the ancient Indian religion of Jainism, which emphasizes non-violence, self-control, and non-attachment to worldly possessions. Followers of Jainism share their thoughts, beliefs, and practices.
- Sikhism: www.reddit.com/Sikh/ - This subreddit is dedicated to the Sikh religion, which originated in the Punjab region of India. It is a place for Sikhs and non-Sikhs alike to learn about and discuss the religion, its teachings, and its cultural significance.
- Zoroastrianism: www.reddit.com/Zoroastrianism/ - A community for those who follow or are interested in the ancient Persian religion of Zoroastrianism. Members discuss its teachings, practices, and philosophy, as well as current events and news related to the religion.
Fun, games and memes
- India Investments: www.reddit.com/IndiaInvestments/ - This subreddit is dedicated to discussing investment opportunities and strategies in India. Members share their experiences and knowledge about stocks, mutual funds, real estate, and other forms of investment in the Indian market.
- Indian StreetBets: www.reddit.com/IndianStreetBets/ - This subreddit is inspired by the popular WallStreetBets subreddit and is focused on Indian stock market discussions and investment strategies, as well as humor and memes.
- Indian Stock Market: www.reddit.com/IndianStockMarket/ - A community for discussion about the Indian stock market, including news, analysis, and investment strategies. Members share their experiences and insights on individual stocks and mutual funds.
- Indian Gaming: www.reddit.com/IndianGaming/ - A community for Indian gamers to discuss their favorite games, platforms, and gaming culture in India. Members share their experiences and tips for gaming in India.
- India Meme: www.reddit.com/indiameme/ - This subreddit is dedicated to humor and memes related to India, its culture, and current events. Members share funny memes and jokes related to Indian society, politics, and entertainment.
- Poha Revolution: www.reddit.com/PohaRevolution/ - A subreddit dedicated to the Indian breakfast dish Poha, a flattened rice dish with vegetables and spices. Members share their favorite Poha recipes, discuss its cultural significance, and share their experiences with the dish.
- Not The Pyaaz: www.reddit.com/NotThePyaaz/ - A community dedicated to discussing the popular Indian onion substitute, the Pyaaz, also known as the Shallot. Members share recipes, discuss its cultural significance, and share their experiences with this popular ingredient.
- Indian Sports: www.reddit.com/IndianSports/ - This subreddit is dedicated to Indian sports, including cricket, football, hockey, and others. Members discuss sports news and events, as well as share their experiences and insights on Indian sports culture.
- India Cricket: www.reddit.com/indiancricket/ - A community for Indian cricket fans to discuss their favorite teams, players, and matches. Members share their insights and opinions on current and past Indian cricket events and news.
- Indian Football: www.reddit.com/IndianFootball/ - A community for Indian football (soccer) fans to discuss their favorite teams, players, and matches. Members share their insights and opinions on current and past Indian football events and news.
- Indian Premier League: https://www.reddit.com/IPL/ This subreddit is dedicated to the Indian Premier League (IPL), a professional Twenty20 cricket league in India contested during April and May of every year. Here, cricket fans can discuss and share news, highlights, and updates related to the IPL.
- Field Hockey: https://www.reddit.com/Fieldhockey/ This subreddit is for all the fans, players, and enthusiasts of field hockey. Here, you can find and discuss news, videos, and tips related to field hockey, a sport played widely across India. Whether you are a beginner or a pro, this community welcomes everyone to share their love and knowledge of the sport.
submitted by dksnoo
to IndiaTrending [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 17:12 PennyworthInvesting Copper vs Oil: The Great Disconnect
| || | submitted by PennyworthInvesting to pennystocks [link] [comments]
Copper is an important industrial metal and remains the key transitional metal in our view for the ongoing renewable revolution.
Historically, copper also has an almost unbeaten record for sniffing out economic strength and weakness before many other commodities. Fondly called Dr. Copper for this very reason, the copper industry is an essential part of the global economy and demand is closely tied to overall economic growth.
According to the Copper Alliance (a leading advocate for the copper industry), one tonne of copper is enough to build 40 cars, power 100,000 mobile phones, drive operations in 400 computers and bring electricity to 30 homes.
Historically, there has been a strong correlation between copper and oil, as both are affected by the same economic factors and market conditions. Energy costs make up a significant portion of the costs of copper extraction, smelting and refining, so there is a material basis for copper and oil prices to fluctuate in unison.
Oil is also a critical power source for economic activity, and quickly reflects falling or rising economic output. Oil accounts for about 3% of GDP and is one of the world’s most important commodities. Petroleum is essential to the manufacture of innumerable products from plastics and chemicals to clothing, and constitutes billions of dollars of transactions, even before considering its use as a fuel for transportation.
For a short video summary of this report, look here: https://youtu.be/6zX6yTk6jYU
A decline or expansion of the world economy almost always results in an increase or decline of oil and copper prices. Forecasts of the respective prices and consumption of these two commodities, are generally set and revised with projections of global economic growth. Case in point, economists will often perceive a rise in oil prices as news of inflationary or recessionary tailwinds. https://preview.redd.it/f0gh2sse4wqa1.png?width=867&format=png&auto=webp&s=2f7a34688b06f6224c6679c8cf477f6910dfc9e7
However, we’ve noticed something strange happening lately. We are seeing a decoupling of copper and oil prices, with copper prices rising dramatically year to date while oil prices are struggling amid global inflationary concerns and a worldwide banking crisis. Oil vs. Copper Price (Year to Date %)
So why is copper holding up so much better than oil, when forecasters expect slowing economic growth, tightening lending standards and a potential recession within the next 12 months?
We think the answer all comes down to inventories…
Oil: A Story of Geopolitics & Supply
The International Energy Agency (IEA) states that in Q4 2022, supply outpaced demand by over 1 mb/d, despite a cut in OPEC+ production targets and disruptions to US supplies (due to winter storms).
Also, gains in energy efficiencies and soaring sales of electrical vehicles, will curb global 2023 demand growth by close to 900 kb/d in 2023. The market participation of Russia and China remains unpredictable, as sanctions have prompted Russia to seek new customers (at arguably reduced prices) for their oil, and the nature and speed of China’s reopening is still uncertain.
US Central bank policy has overshadowed China’s reopening, with the two week old banking crisis taking crude oil futures down by about $11/bbl, or 13% since March 3rd.
The US oil benchmark, Western Texas Intermediate (WTI) continues to slump as well as US crude stockpiles build. Overall, optimism is fading from the market.
Copper: The Uncrowned King of Commodities
Like Rodin’s the Thinker, copper sits above the rest in contemplation of the current tepid macroeconomic backdrop.
Copper is the best performer this year out of the industrial metals, rising more than 7% year-to-date, while other comparable metals have fallen in an environment of slowing economic growth expectations.
There is evidence that current prices aren’t reflecting expected supply deficits, which we’ll discuss below.
Very Low Inventory Driving Current Price Strength
We think the most likely explanation for Copper’s strength vs oil comes down to copper’s very low global inventory levels. As we’ve covered in previous articles, global inventories for copper and other industrial metals held at exchange monitored warehouses (i.e. LME & SHFE) are at record lows.
The situation looks like its gotten worse amidst all the economic worries not better, with investment Bank Goldman Sachs forecasting that the world could run out of visible copper inventories by Q3 this year, if current demand trends continue.
The re-opening of China, a major consumer of copper is a major contributor to rising copper demand expectations this year. Chinese demand rose strongly in February, the latest month of data. Currently, copper inventories are at the lowest seasonal level since 2008.
According to GS, Chinese copper demand rose 13% in February year-over-year; and they believe that the price could hit $10,500 a tonne as the Asian nation increases their post lunar new year industrial activity. Copper Global Visible Inventories
One of the major factors affecting the strong copper price is the increasing demand for green technologies, more specifically batteries. McKinsey & Co. has identified that electrification is projected to increase annual copper demand to 36.6 million metric tons by 2031, and only rapid new mine development and the adoption of copper mitigating technologies, could potentially fill the looming copper supply gap.
Shortfalls, Slowdowns & Supply Gaps driving an Uncertain Future
A 2022 S&P Global study found that significant copper shortfalls will begin in 2025, as a result of increased demand from the energy transition and limited new copper supply. Their rocky road scenario assumes that if current conditions continue, there will be a 10 million metric ton shortfall by 2035. Even in their high ambition scenario, which assumes significant strides in technologies for extraction and recycling techniques, a shortfall will continue until 2035. Forecast Copper Supply & Demand Balance
Unfortunately, the mining industry will not be able to meet this supply gap from new production without a frankly unrealistic increase in drilling capital expenditures.
Many of the world’s largest copper mines are facing dwindling reserves, depleted ore-grades and are slowing production due to capital-intensive major projects being moved underground in a bid to increase access to more ore.
Looking for new deposits (called greenfield exploration), is very costly and imposes inherit risks and difficulties. Not to mention, finding copper and putting it on production takes a long time.
The past decade has seen greenfield exploration slow dramatically, as the excess supply from 2006-2012 was worked down.
S&P Global estimates that new discoveries averaged 50Mt annually from 1990 to 2010. Moving to the present, discoveries have fallen by 80% to only 8Mt / year.
Current estimates expect a cumulative supply gap of 50Mt or over two years of global demand, between 2022 and 2030. Mining project approval rates have stalled. During the first half of 2022, the volume of committed projects totaled just 260,000 tonnes of production per year. Mining Project Approvals by Year (kt copper) Three Ways to Invest in a Copper Shortage
Given the significant inventory shortages we have identified above, copper prices are poised to hold up better than other commodities if we are going into a period of economic weakness.
A resumption of quantitative easing by Central Banks or falling interest rates, could easily push copper prices to new highs under the current supply shortages.
We prefer three different ways to invest in these trends, bucketed by diversification and risk.
On the lower risk end of the spectrum is the Global X Copper Miners ETF (Ticker: COPX). The ETF is well diversified with 51 positions, and the top 10 stocks taking up a little over half of portfolio.
The diversification of COPX helps you avoid taking on company risk, the risk that one company does something stupid. COPX provides exposure to the price of copper with the potential for better returns than physical copper given the operating leverage copper miners have to the underlying commodity. Top 25 Holdings of the COPX Copper ETF
Year-to-date copper prices are outperforming the copper miners 3.4%, though in early February the copper miners were up 18%, 10% more than physical copper. YTD Performance of Copper vs COPX ETF
Our second preferred way to invest in copper upside is to own a high-quality large miner like Southern Copper (Ticker: SCCO). Southern Copper has a market value of $55bn and generates almost 80% of revenue from copper. Southern Copper Footprint
Yes, Southern Copper is more expensive than large mining peers like BHP or Freeport-McMoRan, but it has outperformed them significantly this year due to its heavy copper weighting. Exactly the exposure and outcome an investor would want. Forecast EV/EBITDA in 2023 YTD Performance
Our final investment pick to take advantage of the positive copper outlook is a small cap miner, with a unique value proposition. Investing in small caps does come with higher operational risks, but this is balanced by far higher return potential as smaller miners are often mispriced, especially at the beginning of a sustained period of stable to rising commodity prices, like we may be in today.
The company we’ve chosen has a truly unique operational footprint as it produces copper but does not need a mine to do so. The company Amerigo Resources (Ticker: ARG, ARREF), which we’ve written about before on Capital10x, provides significant leverage to copper prices without exposing investors to uncertainties that come from operating a complex copper mine.
Amerigo receives waste fluid (tailings) from El Teniente, one of the largest copper mines in the world. The company extracts the remaining Copper and Molybdenum from the waste stream, selling it back to the mine at the current global copper price. https://preview.redd.it/km165rqb6wqa1.png?width=705&format=png&auto=webp&s=5ed4b9bd1ffdf944ad1e0be228ab6f31de71f960
Another risk mitigator with Amerigo is the company’s very low leverage. Cash exceeds debt which gives the company flexibility should copper prices decline for a period, if the world does go into a shallow recession.
Amerigo is trading on a trailing EV/EBITDA of 5.3x with Copper at $4.11/lb. The last time the stock traded at 5.3x EV/EBITDA copper was at $3.00/lb. Amerigo EV/EBITDA multiple vs Copper Price
This tells us there is significant upside at current copper prices, especially seeing as EBITDA is expected to be $36 million at $3.60/lb copper which is in line with EBITDA in 2018, when the stock was at a similar multiple.
Bottom Line: Amerigo is pricing in $3.60/lb copper when prices are trading at $4.00/lb or 10% higher.
Commodity Prices Rarely Lie
Whenever we notice two economically sensitive commodities like oil and copper diverging in price, we take notice.
After looking at the fundamentals of each, it became clear there are huge differences that likely explain the divergence.
Oil investment may be low historically, but we can see demand weakening in real time through rising inventory levels in the US and elsewhere.
Copper in contrast has an acute supply shortage. The supply situation is so critical that even as global growth and demand are weakening, prices have been rising, telling us supply just isn’t there.
Copper has the superior short term and long term demand trends and continues to be our preferred commodity investment this decade, regardless of the chances we see of a global recession in the near future.
2023.03.30 17:08 SnooMarzipans6854 Critiques?
Not story: I am out of the practice of writing, but it is a love of mine I come back consistently. I've decided to spend my mornings writing one short story to exercise this muscle once more. I would consider myself introspective in nature, while not always self-aware. Therefore, I am looking into childhood and the characters that influenced mine. My mother and father. This is the story about the day they met—
What was it about him?
Initially, in our youth, I suppose it could have been his sun-kissed skin developed due to his care-free nature, finding life in the waves of a far off place a family like mine could never afford to see. Maybe it was his knack for politely pointing out my obvious shy tendencies in the form of a joke. The small town I grew up in only afforded myself the ability to know a couple hundred folks, all of which were, however difficult at times, family. It is hardly reasonable to be swept off your feet by Joe down the street with whom you have a vivid memory of pushing you off the monkey bars in elementary. How humiliating it was to lift your face out of the sand, and find no one at your rescue, but instead the sound of his laughter at your despair. Boys will be boys was not a new concept to me, something innate in me taught me this was so by the time I could walk or formulate a conscious thought.
Then there was also the time that Joe was kicked out of his mother’s house, all of his belongings on the lawn, because he refused to work on the railroad with his father at the ripe age of 16. His poor mother only needed the help, and was relieved by one less mouth to feed. That work ethic would later do him well, but distract him from learning the ropes of being a romantic.
But this boy was different. Romance was his first language. Though a couple generations removed, I suppose his Italian roots run deep enough to be passed down the family lineage indefinitely.
Did the ocean teach him something I had yet to learn? It behooves me to acknowledge I had been longing for such a vast empty space that I know nothing about, or rather, knows nothing about me. Something other than dehydrated fields with little to no life forms other than ticks and black widows. A place where the sand is smoother, and should I fall on my face like I did on that playground way back when, it would feel as though the ground beneath me is only offering a pillow for a good night's rest.
How vain to surmise it would only be the physical beauty of another place that could create such a beauty as him. No, it had to be something more mystifying. I suppose skipping class in highschool, and getting away with it by charming the teachers, must’ve had its perks. I’ve lived by and because of the rules. The poverty my family experienced taught me that to do anything else would only lead to yet another difficulty, as if we weren't riddled with those.
I was 21 and had just moved to “the big city.” There he was, acid washed jeans, rolling stones sweatshirt, white new balances, and of course, a leather jacket covered in drywall to match the part. Smiling at him when he walked into the drugstore to fill out a job application was the first rule I broke. I knew I could never bring a boy like this home to meet my mother. Though, she was rarely home as it was, managing a nearby hardware factory on $8 an hour to support the rest of the littles that were still home.
A few days later he would be on the other side of the counter with me for his first shift. I can’t recall how the initial conversation would go. I do recall him offering to drive me home due to the ice storm outside. This California boy had no reason yet to trust me to drive his car for him, but it was clear to me that he had not been accustomed to the weather on that drive, and that it would have done the both of us justice had he offered me the wheel. At the time I would chalk this up as endearing, another boyish attempt to impress the girl. From there, we never spent a night apart. I did not know it at the time, but that would be the real tragedy.
Those initial sparks have yet to turn into a flame 40 years later, unless in the form of emotional turmoil in the home. At night I tend to the thought of my list of all the other rules I could have, and should have, broken. My dreams visit me, soon to be forgotten by the sound of my work alarm. There is a vague feeling of longing. Is it still for the ocean, or the heart of the ocean, where no one knows my name, and I am simultaneously unbothered by the question “who am i?”
I suppose there is not a need to know the answer if no one else is dictating that for you. When I searched for that vast space in him, I hadn’t expected the waves to engulf me into an abyss. My mistake.
It’s like a dormant virus that slowly digs its heels into one’s immune system. Overtime they would wake one day and struggle to remember how it felt to be at home in the body, struggle to remember “the before,” muchless envision a hopeful “after.”
The man on the pulpit at Sunday service makes marriage sound like a martyrdom that any virtuous person would stop at nothing to revive time and time again. I wonder at times if his wife would agree. I now know the show that folks put on in the name of God can easily conceal a much darker reality behind closed doors.
But who am I to project my own reality onto others? This must be my discomfort with the fact that living this way may indeed not be, or more accurately said, not have to be, normal.
How I envy the white picket fence dream now. I am an addict to no substance, but to the familiar. Living on a tightrope is the home we built. If either of us should fall off, at least then I, dead or alive, will be free.
submitted by SnooMarzipans6854
to writers [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 17:02 AutoModerator [Get] Dan Wardrope – The Pay Per Lead Agency Blueprint 3.0 – Download Instant Delivery
Get the course here: https://www.genkicourses.com/product/dan-wardrope-the-pay-per-lead-agency-blueprint-3-0/ [Get] Dan Wardrope – The Pay Per Lead Agency Blueprint 3.0 – Download Instant Delivery
📷 The Pay Per Lead Agency Blueprint 3.0
In Just 6 Weeks, We’ll Show You How To Grow And Scale Your Pay Per Lead Agency What You Get in The Pay Per Lead Agency Blueprint 3.0: Week 1 – Lay The Foundations and Get Started First and foremost, we’ll go over your goals for The Pay Per Lead Agency Blueprint as well as some general housekeeping. Please don’t skip the housekeeping! It includes important information about the Mastermind community as well as the weekly Q&A calls. We’ll also go over some “ground rules” for course participation. If you follow these guidelines, you should have no problems. Week 2 – Landing a Client and Know Thy Customer This week is all about selling and understanding your niche/offer. It’s time to get to know your niche and its target audience inside and out. Here are some of the topics we’ll discuss:
- Building your agency website
- LinkedIn and Facebook organic outreach
- Direct mail outreach
- Paid advertising
- Cold email
- Closing the deal and how to get paid
- Knowing your offer
- Customer Avatars and Empathy Maps
- How to gather and assess the market
Week 3 – Building Your Lead Generation Funnels This week will focus on three major topics:
- Lead delivery
Week three also delves into copywriting. As previously stated, this includes writing hooks and longer-form content such as advertorials. Here’s a complete list of the topics we’ll cover:
- Lead gen versus 1-2-1 selling
- Different ways to generate leads with Unbounce
- Spitballing and figuring out your hooks
- Building a quiz
- GTM basics and HotJar
- Our different funnels – dummy car finance campaign
- How to embed a LeadsHook quiz and pull through data to a results page
- Writing an advertorial
- Lead capture and lead distribution
- Privacy Policies, cookies and GDPR
- Unbounce tips and tricks
- Data validation
Week 4 – Paid Advertising and Getting Started It’s now time to start running ads, generating leads, and making money. In this module, we’ll cover:
- Where to start
- Facebook ads
- YouTube ads
- Twitter ads
Week 5 – Advanced Lead Generation This week will be more difficult. We’ll walk you through everything step by step so you can follow along easily. Week 6 – Growing Your Agency This is the course’s final module, and it teaches you how to scale your agency.
submitted by AutoModerator
to Courses2023Exclusive [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 17:01 AgentPeggyCarter Throwback Thursday - Profiler article excerpt from 9/1997 issue of Written By
Sixty-Minute Men & Women Writing The Hour Drama Written By Patricia Troy Profiler
With the current proliferation of television series based around the weird, the paranormal and the just plain psychotic, last season's premiere of Profiler distinguished itself by being the most recognizably human. While X-Files agents Scully's and Mulder's characters remain about as multidimensional as holograms and the lead character on Millennium looks creepier than most of the killers he tracks, FBI profiler Sam Waters (Ally Walker) has the intelligence, warmth and depth of a fully drawn woman.
Created by writer Cynthia Saunders, the pilot established the main characters and the nature of the crimes they'd be dealing with. Originally set in the Atlanta Police Department, executive producers Kim Manners and Ian Sander worked with Saunders on the script so that by the end of the pilot Bailey Malone (Robert Davi) and Waters would head up the Violent Crimes Task Force operating under the auspices of the FBI.
"We had to figure out how to give the show legs," Manners explains, "so that's why we created the task force. Atlanta is a small jurisdiction, and being under federal auspices made it so that they could work all over the country. And as far as cases, they get the most complicated, most gruesome and the most technical."
One distinctive element of the show that wasn't written on the page was what is termed "Sam Vision"--a quick flash of images that are meant to visualize Waters' intuitive flashes as a trained profiler. The visions, which were created in post-production by Manners and Sander, have led to what the writers feel is a misconception that Waters is a psychic. "What she's seeing," Sander explains, "is not what's coming in the future. It's what she's surmised as a forensic psychologist and a cop. From our point of view we prefer that she's not clairvoyant because it makes the stories more difficult to write and execute. There are a lot more traps if there has to be a logic in how she got from A to B."
Although Manners and Sander will begin to contribute episodes for the coming season, the first year's scripts were written by the staff with collaboration and input from the two executive producers. Being a regular viewer of the show, I was a little apprehensive, but morbidly anticipating sitting down with the staff. What would people who sit around and think up stories about serial killings down to the most minute detail look and act like? Thankfully, they looked and acted like most TV writers (except for the one guy in Heaven's Gate black Nike running shoes--but it was probably just coincidence). The human elements of the series--Waters' relationship with her daughter, Malone's difficulties with his teenage she-rebel, the friendships and divisions between the members of the task force--have been developed by this team of writers: co-executive producers George Geiger and Steve Feke, executive story editor Bob Lowry, story editor Sibyl Gardner, writeproducer Charles Holland and consulting producer Dee Johnson.
According to Feke, "We don't want to write a series that requires week-to-week tune-in, but we do want there to be continuing stories for our characters. So we still put the emphasis on our A story--the crime that's going to be resolved. The deepest challenge is finding room inside of complicated stories that require a lot of scenes and finding room to keep the personal stories going." For Holland, "The more emphasis we put on the personal story the more it enriches the show in the sense that this show is scary. You're supposed to be scared of what's going to happen, not just to the victims but of what's going to happen to our folks."
Because of the complexity of the stories, Lowry states, "We work together a lot more than we work apart. We cross-check each other so that we're certain we haven't made any mistakes. I think the amalgamated talents of this staff combine to find a way to make a show that will be unique--something fresh for the audience to see that's not an X-Files or Walker: Texas Ranger." Gardner agrees: "Our strength as a team comes from who we are as people. We all have very different perspectives on life and the world and human relations."
So how do their personal world views come into play while writing? "I was doing research on serial killers and I noticed a lot of women were in love with Richard Ramirez and wanted to marry him. I thought, 'What's up with that?' And it was in exploring that psychology that created an episode." says Holland.
"I don't think that this show is about the FBI or profiling at its deepest level," he continues. "People read the paper and they see that some guy killed somebody and stuffed him in the trunk of the car; this guy keeps heads in his refrigerator. And they think, 'Why would somebody do that?' We spend all our time figuring that out and that's what really turns me on."
Okay...well, I gotta go now. Originally sourced and archived from both here and here
submitted by AgentPeggyCarter
to profiler [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 16:59 00gaB00ga_1000 I feel like a terrible parent this morning - help me do better
Hi! Posting from my throwaway, but I'm a regular contributor here on my other account.
Guys... I did a bad thing this morning, and I need some advice on how to handle it better going forward.
I have a wonderful 2.5-year-old toddler. He's really the greatest ever, but he's in a stage of not listening or stopping behaviors when we ask, and even worse, doubling down on them when we try to redirect or correct his behavior. For the most part, it's easy to remain calm or disengage when these things happen, but recently he's become fixated on either slapping my glasses off of my face, or grabbing them and hurling them with all his might.
I of course find this infuriating. I only have one pair of glasses and I need them to... you know... see and be able to drive a car and do my work. They were expensive. I have major executive function issues, so it was a big challenge getting the eye appointment and arranging the medical insurance, etc., to get them in the first place... these are my first new glasses in about 10 years. My last ones finally were so scratched and were no longer effective... Turns out that my eyesight got much worse during the pandemic and after having my son (can pregnancy make your eyesight worse?).
Anyway... My son will not stop grabbing them off of my face. He finds it hilarious. It's been going on for months now. He'll do it at random points throughout the day, but mostly when I'm changing his diaper.
So, today I got him up in the morning. We snuggled for a bit on the recliner - he was being cute and it was so nice. Then I got him to the changing table. His diaper was FILLED with poo and pee, but as soon as I laid him down and started cleaning him up he started going for my glasses. I asked him calmly to stop. I said calmly that my glasses were important and I need them to see. I said he was hurting mommy by grabbing at my face. But the more I tried to get him to stop, the more he started kicking and laughing and throwing his arms toward my face in an attempt to smack them away or grab them. I held his hands still and calmly explained it's not kind to take my glasses and to please stop. He'd calm down for a minute, but as soon as I'd let go and start trying to finish changing his diaper he'd start laughing and grabbing at my face again.
So, after several minutes of this, and not being able to finish changing his diaper because I couldn't get close enough to him to do it without him smacking my face, I lost my cool. I grabbed his wrist and hit the back of his hand and said "NO! STOP IT!"
I didn't hit it hard - it was more like a demonstrative tap rather than a slap or a hit - but he immediately froze in shock. Looked up at me with this look of utter betrayal and said "Mommy hit my hand?" And then he just started sobbing these huge sobs...
I felt so incredibly guilty and ashamed. I had never done anything like that before and it was a moment of really bad judgement. I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a big kiss and held him while he cried and just kept saying "I am so sorry. Mommy is sorry. Mommy made a mistake. It's not okay to hit. Mommy was wrong. I love you and you're a good boy."
Once he calmed down, I said I was sorry again, and explained that I got upset because he wouldn't listen to me, and it's not funny for mommy when he tries to steal my glasses and they could break.
He then hit my hand the same way I had, and I felt horrible that now I've modeled bad behavior. So I said it's okay to be angry, but mommy isn't allowed to hit and he's not allowed to hit either. He then seemed to snap out of it, and started pretending to tickle me, and the rest of the morning was smooth and no issues.
But... I am just wracked with guilt. I know I didn't hurt him physically, but I betrayed his trust. I always said I'd never use physical punishment, and I guess... I just got to the end of my rope and didn't know what else to do.
So please... give me all your advice on how to do this better. I've tried so many things. I've tried disconnecting and walking away. Me leaving the room tends to be the most effective thing. But, while this is easy to do if we're in the play room, or at the end of the diaper change, it's not so easy to disengage and walk away during times like today when I need to be physically close to him to clean him up. I can't plop him down covered in poop in the middle of the room and walk off unless I want to clean up poop for ages afterwards.
I've tried distracting him by giving him a toy to play with or something else to focus on, but the urge to grab my glasses seems to win out once he's become fixated on them. I've tried calmly explaining that it hurts mommy, isn't nice, etc. I've tried counting to three. I've tried tapping out and getting my husband, but I can't do that on days like today when I'm alone. I've tried asking nicely. I've tried asking angrily. I've tried yelling "OUCH!" or "NO!" It's still a battle every day trying to get him to leave my face and glasses alone.
I unfortunately need my glasses to see what I'm doing and no, contacts are not an option.
I'm open to any and all thoughts and ideas of things that have worked with you.
submitted by 00gaB00ga_1000
to breakingmom [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 16:57 orange_glasse How necessary is it to replace my battery after my car shut off due to low oil
2009 Honda Accord.
Before freaking out in the comments, everything's fixed. I had a leak in the valve cover gasket, it's fixed. Last week while driving, my car shook and then shut itself off, with the oil and battery light showing up. I maybe had my car still on for 5 minutes, but turned it off after with the hazards on. It was turned on twice more to try and move it further again and then to put it in nuetral so it could get towed. Obviously the car place suggested changing the battery after all this, but money is tight and I've already had to pay for the other repairs and a tune up. How likely is it that my battery will be an issue if I don't replace it ASAP?
submitted by orange_glasse
to autorepair [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 16:56 Rockythrowaway123 Brake line severed after body shop work
I drive a 2020 Toyota Tacoma with only 27,000 miles on it. In September of 2022 I was rear ended, and got it into the body shop in October. He claimed full fault through State Farm, and I have USAA insurance. The body shop is associated with both insurance agencies.
It ended up having non repairable frame damage, so they did a full frame replacement on the vehicle, which of course took forever to get the parts in and the work finished. I just got the vehicle back on March 16/17th. I drove it maybe a handful of times in the last week (I work from home so I don’t need to drive that much). On Saturday, March 25th, not even a week after I got it back, I was driving in the highway when I go to brake, and the brakes are 99% unresponsive. Fortunately I left a long following distance and could control my speed by gearing down, but we still got dangerously close to the car ahead of me. Once I was able to safely exit to a gas station, I looked under my vehicle only to find that the hydraulic brake line was completely severed. So I had to get it towed all the way back to my house from an hour away. All in all, it maybe had 100 miles on it since I got it from the body shop, so I’m fairly certain that this issue is due to some form of negligence on their part.
Now, there is a warranty on the work they performed, however I’m not sure if I can really trust the work they did, and if there aren’t any other issues. And frankly, I could have died if it weren’t for my safe driving. I don’t exactly feel safe about this whole situation. When I contacted USAA about this issue, the informed me that they wouldn’t cover it since it was “mechanical failure” and that I should just contact the body shop and have them fix it.
My question here is if this is worth pursuing legally on my own outside of insurance? I just have never been in a situation like this before and I’m not sure what the best course of action is.
submitted by Rockythrowaway123
to legaladvice [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 16:54 Aggravating-Fig8495 Coworkers are literally trying to force me to take out a Personal Articles insurance policy.
Is this even allowed? (I work in insurance by the way). I’m seriously getting beyond sick of my two coworkers pushing me to purchase more insurance. Between my husband and I we have 3 autos with excellent coverage (250/500 liability with $0 comp $250 collision, and more) we have a renters policy that is well above the average coverage, and a life policy. I even had to drop the company I was with after getting hired here, which I didn’t really want to do. But the rates were lower with us, so no huge deal. I complied with that. But apparently that’s not enough…
My coworkers WILL NOT stop bugging me to get personal articles policy (to cover loss or theft of jewelry.) If I want one I will get one! Yes, I know they are inexpensive policies, but it’s the principle. Trying to push more money out of me, regardless of how much or how little, is kind of messed up in my opinion. Plus, our car insurance already went up almost $30 a month just because of rate increases. So what if I don’t want to spend another $5 a month? That’s still $60-$70 a year I can save. Maybe even more, depending on if those policies also take a rate increase.
Even if it was $20 a year, it’s MY money, therefore MY choice! But they will not let it go! They have been pushing me since November about this! It’s bordering harassment at this point. I’ve told them I don’t want to at the moment, but when/if I decide to take this policy out I will. I can write it myself as I am licensed. But they keep pushing it.
What would you do?
submitted by Aggravating-Fig8495
to antiwork [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 16:53 StephanLappas I’m lost
I haven’t felt true happiness in the longest time, and in the rare occasion that I do it usually gets taken away before I get a chance to live in the moment happily. I’m never satisfied with anything, every time I set my mind to a goal and I fight my way through to achieving it I end up realizing that I need and want more. I am an 19 year old employed college student that is about to drop out of college because I just failed a course and due to my failure and the drop in my gpa I will lose my scholarship and in my current family and personal financial situation, we will not be able to afford tuition fees. I’ve been seeing a girl for the past two months, she makes me happy, she’s one year older than me and she’s extremely mature for her age due to her own personal struggles in life, I think that’s what I love most about her. We go to the same college and we met there as well. I feel that since I’m gonna drop out she’ll lose respect for me. I will no longer be her partner that she can study with, and I won’t be driving with her to campus every morning. Work won’t be enough to cover my free time and I’ve always enjoyed staying busy and productive. I know I’m focusing on probably the least important aspects of this situation as I’m currently going to quit my education, but the things going through my mind cannot be written down, it’s just too much. I feel like I’m not enough, I feel useless and pathetic crying myself to sleep and throughout the day. At the same time I’m proud. I managed to get my drivers license at 18 buy my own car at 19 with money I’ve been saving for the past 4 years without asking my parents for help. I feel as I’m letting everyone down but most importantly I’m letting myself down.
Trauma from my previous relationship is also contributing to negative thoughts about my current partner, as I had been cheated on. I feel that she’ll meet someone smarter, more interesting and better looking. These thoughts are so foreign to me. I’m confident and I know my worth, but this failure has taken all my confidence away.
I don’t know what I’m expecting to get from writing this. There’s a lot more information that could help you understand the true size of the situation but I don’t feel like going through the trouble of writing it.
I need help.
submitted by StephanLappas
to helpme [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 16:52 Hestro Tesla Fam, I need your advice! I drive the Midnight Grey with Gemini wheels, but I can't choose between the grey or black 19 inch covers. Which color do you think looks better with my car? :) It looks like the Performance Uberturbine wheels are more grey, so should I go for grey then? Thanks!! :)
2023.03.30 16:49 coffee_and_cats18 Sick of life, need advice
Life is such a struggle I just need some advice.
I'm (31F) not officially diagnosed but my psychologist has suggested I should undergo an ADHD assessment based on what he's learnt about me. There's a bit of a waitlist where I am so I won't be able to do the assessment for a few months. I'm a bit worried though that they will look at my performance at school and decide that I'm normal. I did pretty well in school and got good grades but I've realised that I wanted to work hard to please my teachers and my parents. I'm a serial people pleaser. Is that an ADHD thing?
If you're undiagnosed do symptoms ever get worse with age? I'm 31 now and I'm really struggling with life.
One of the most annoying things I've developed in the last few years is that I get really obsessed with a topic I'm interested in and everything else in my life gets pushed aside so that I can research said topic (I'll stop focussing on my job, shower less, forget to brush my teeth, stop exercising and talking with my friends). It drives me insane, so insane. I work from home and am not enjoying my work atm (grandiose narcissist boss destroyed my passion for my job), so just waste so much time researching things I'm interested in. It's almost impossible to pull myself away from this. Its like it's become impossible to focus on things I don't care for. But then I feel so empty if I'm not obsessed with some topic of interest.
I also have issues with emotional regulation and have scary emotional outbursts when I'm angry or upset. I hate this and I'm aware of it but I get really overwhelmed and have a really hard time controlling my emotions. These outbursts have occurred throughout my life and often lead to me doing things like pulling out my hair, saying hurtful things and physically running away from the situation that triggered me. I hate it but I can't seem to control it. I was always told by psychologists that I have GAD but these outbursts have never stopped with anxiety treatment. I also have bad trichotillomania which has led me to destroy my eyelashes which used to be long and something people complimented me on. I feel ugly now.
I also feel as though I'm the clumsiest person alive. I hate it. I'm always covered in bruises but never really know how I got them. I knock glasses over, walk into things, trip over, and drop things on a daily basis. One time I even left my laptop on the roof of my car and as I drove away it slid off the roof and I ran over it. I can be really absent minded and when my mind wanders I can't concentrate on things I'm doing and I make mistakes. Ive had car accidents because of this. Is clumsiness an ADHD thing?
I have sensory issues, particularly with hearing and visuals. I cannot be productive when other people are around because it's so distracting. If I'm in an office with other people I have to go to a quiet room with no people to be productive. I get extremely irritated by loud noises and feel like I'm going to have a rage outburst in these situations.
I also have issues with oversharing my personal issues and opinions. I feel as though this has caused certain people to become distant in my life. When I do this I feel really anxious and ruminate over what I said for a few days. This makes me want to keep to myself tbh.
I dunno what the purpose of this post is but I just wanted to vent I guess. Life is so hard and I just want it to be easier for my own sake and also for the people close to me. I guess there are a few questions in this post that people could address which I would really appreciate. I also want validation I guess that I should go ahead with the assessment. It's very expensive to do one where I am and I don't want to waste money as I don't have much. I'll also mention that I have tried IR dexamphetamines and they are very calming for me and reduce the scatterbrain I experience.
Thanks so much to everyone that reads this and replies.
submitted by coffee_and_cats18
to adhdwomen [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 16:48 okeeekk Audi A4 3.0 Quattro S-Line 2011 vs Mercedes Benz C220 2.2 2011 vs BMW 318 2.0 Facelift 2009
Currently can't choose between these three. Want a dynamic and at the same time efficient car.
I like to cruise but also like to have more fun. I imagine that I get better performance out of the AUDI, but how does the BMW and Mercedes hold up in regard to performance?
Like the look of the BMW and Mercedes, but i'm afraid that they will feel sluggish compared to the AUDI. Or i’m mistaken?
And what about reliability?
submitted by okeeekk
to whatcarshouldIbuy [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 16:46 AshleighBSB The Detention Adventure
| || |The Detention Adventure submitted by AshleighBSB to AshleighStevens [link] [comments]
is an interactive Choose Your Own Path story. Each episode, readers vote for the path they would like to take. Together, we will follow the path with the most votes.
THE STORY SO FAR
“It's not fair,” you mumble to yourself as you push the shelving cart down the aisle. Gabe started that fight, but Mrs. Vile, the evil librarian, gave you
detention. He should be here, not you.
Passing a window, you glance outside. School has only been out for a few minutes. But you’ve been working for ages. Evil Librarian put you to work before the busses pulled out of the drive.
But now, you can see the parking lot. Though many of the cars are gone, many of your classmates are still around. Your friends are in their usual spot, gathered around Grayson’s minivan, laughing and smiling. You can imagine what they're saying.
"What do you want to do this afternoon?"
"Where should we go?"
And, of course, Avery would be asking, "Hey. Did anyone catch tonight's math homework?"
Your gaze drifts across the parking lot to trees on the far end. Gabe and his buddies are sitting on the curb, passing around their phones. Probably sharing the same viral video Gabe showed you during study hall. The one his buddy posted during lunch. The one that shows you tripping and falling face-first onto your tray of mashed potatoes. The one that doesn’t show Gabe sticking out his foot as you passed.
Your blood boils at the thought.
You turn at the voice. Mrs. Vile is standing at the head of the aisle, glaring at you over the glasses resting on the tip of her prominent nose. Though she says nothing, you hear her earlier words ringing loud and clear.
“You are not dismissed until every book is returned to its proper place.”
Saying nothing, you return to your cart and continue pushing it down the aisle. It isn't fair. Why does Gabe get to enjoy a sunny afternoon while you have to re-shelve library books in the darkest recesses of the library?
And why are these books even on the cart? It's not like anyone even reads them. You come here every day for study hall and you have never once seen a person holding a book. Students only come in here to use the computers.
With a sigh, you glance at the book you are still holding. The number on the spine says it belongs in 615. Where are you, anyway?
You glance at the books beside you. 249. Ugh. Where is 615?
Tossing the book back on the pile with a sigh, you push the cart to the end of the aisle, where the last call number is 252. Is it your imagination or is it getting darker the further you walk? A shiver runs down your spine and you pull out your phone. "I'm just checking the time," you tell yourself.
Yeah, right. You can't hide from yourself. Besides, it doesn’t help. The dim light doesn’t provide much comfort.
To distract yourself, you again glance at the books on your cart. Maybe you should have organized them before disappearing into the stacks. If you put them in order, you won't have to zigzag your way through the shelves. Maybe you'll even finish your detention with enough time to enjoy the afternoon sunshine.
Bolstered by this idea, you grab two books from your cart and examine the numbers on the spine. 432 definitely goes before 920. Placing the dictionary in front of the biography, you arrange them on the opposite side of the cart and pick up the next two books.
It takes hours to sort all the books, though your phone says it has been less than five minutes. Finally, you pick up the last two books. Both books, nearly identical, easily the two largest books on the cart. In fact, each one looks at least twice as large as the next largest books.
Curious, you glance at their spines. Fiction, with the same call number. NFR.
You frown. You’re no librarian, but your elementary school librarian had drilled the Dewey Decimal System into your head. Fiction books were arranged by author last names. What kind of name began NFR?
Intrigued, you turn over the books. Their fabric hardcovers have no illustrations. The only difference between the two books is their color and the gold words stamped on the front cover.
The title of one of them catches your attention. Which is it?
- The book on your left, a contemporary adventure about camping.
- The book on your right, a fantasy about dragons and elves.
The gold lettering on the black book in your right hand stands out clearly. Adventures In the Land of Dragons and Elves
. Curious, you open the front cover.
The title is printed in large bold letters on the first page. But no author is listed. Instead, someone has scrawled across the page in large letters: Not For Reading!
You frown at the book. That’s stupid. Why would someone write a book that wasn’t meant to be read? Or maybe the person who scribbled the note didn’t want to read it.
But why not? What could be so bad? Reading the warning just makes you want to read the book that much more.
You turn the page.
But, it doesn’t turn. It’s stuck to the next page. And the one beneath that. You end up turning about fifty pages at once. They are glued together.
Wow! Someone really
doesn’t want you to read this book. Now, of course, you can’t wait to read it.
You look at the page in front of you. You might be a couple of chapters in, but maybe you can still get an idea of what the story is about.
Except, it’s impossible to read the story. Not only are the rest of the pages glued together, someone cut out a large rectangle nearly the size of the book.
This is a hollow book! You’ve heard about these in books and movies. But you never knew they were real. This is so cool.
And the best part? It’s not empty. There’s something inside the hole.
You glance over your shoulder to make sure Evil Librarian isn’t watching you. She’s not. You’re all alone in the creepy windowless section of the library. Using the flashlight on your phone, you look at the object more carefully.
The yellowish white object takes up nearly the entire book. It is thick, almost round, but with a slight curve. The outer edge is smooth, but the inner edge is serrated like the blade of a saw. The points even look as sharp as a saw. Only, the teeth are very small and close together.
Teeth. Or rather, tooth. Could this object be a tooth? But what animal do you know has teeth that large? Or with a serrated edge?
You have never seen anything like this. You have so many questions. How heavy is it? Is it solid or hollow? Is it really a tooth? What kind of animal could have lost it?
You try to read through the text on the facing page, but you are literally trying to start reading a book from the middle. It makes no sense. Who is Olba and Keris? What is a Zayrot or Reiverrirth? And where were Zymmarth or Bryvicri?
Trying to read this book was like trying to learn a new language. Now you really wish those pages weren’t glued together. With a sigh, you turn back to the tooth. It’s got to be a tooth. What else could it be?
The front of the book said this is a book about dragons. This thing is probably supposed to be a dragon’s tooth. Obviously, it’s not a real
dragon’s tooth, because there’s no such thing as dragons. It must be epoxy or something. So, it’s probably a lot flimsier than it looks.
Someone has bored a hole through the top of the object, wrapping a black cord around and through it to form a type of necklace. Yeah, it has to be fake.
You reach in to grab it, to confirm your suspicions, but you stop abruptly. Your gaze has landed on the words printed at the top of the page. The name of the book is printed in a small font. But someone has written something in the margin. Judging by the handwriting, it was probably the same person who wrote on the first page. But you could have sworn those words were not there a moment ago.
You shake your head to clear it. Obviously, your eyes are playing tricks on you. What does it say? You hold your phone a little closer. Warning. Magical Item. Do Not Touch.
Biting your lip, you look around. How could a fake dragon tooth’s necklace be magical?
Maybe it changes color in the light? You shine your light closer, but it remains the same. Maybe it’s a little less yellow, but you don’t think it really changed color.
You glance between the warning and the necklace a few times. Should you pick up the necklace?
Continue the adventure
- You don’t believe in magic. You pick up the necklace.
- It’s best to heed the warning. You leave the necklace where it is.
2023.03.30 16:45 ByrgerTidesson Serial killers of Russia - Andrei Chikatilo (part 2)
Let me preempt this second post on Soviet serial killer Andrei Chikatilo by apologising for a lengthy gap between the previous
part and this one. My future write-ups will probably only comprise a single part, but I'm still hoping to post them more regularly. Frankly I've been a little reluctant to cover this case since it's already well-known outside of Russia and there's plenty of information I've had to compile. I originally wanted to limit this story to two parts, but I’ve now decided to split it into three parts instead. The first one was about the investigation into the serial murders occurring in the Rostov region of Russia. This one is about Chikatilo’s early life and the development of his proclivities, as well as his second arrest. The last part will be about his interrogation, trial, and final years. I would recommend checking out the first part to get a better understanding of who exactly we are talking about today. Andrei Romanovich Chikatilo
was born on 16 October 1936 in a small village in the Sumy Oblast of Ukraine. When he was just four years old, the Soviet Union's so-called Great Patriotic War against Nazi Germany broke out and Chikatilo's father left to fight in it, leaving his mother to watch over both Andrei and his older brother Stepan. In late 1942 Chikatilo's village was taken over by the Germans who started carrying out public executions. Chikatilo almost became a victim of one such execution, though luckily he hit his head on a rock in the commotion and lost consciousness, while the Nazis left him among the bodies, believing him dead. That episode might have given Chikatilo brain damage in addition to diagnosed hydrocephalus, bedwetting, and myopia.
In 1943, Chikatilo's mother gave birth to a girl whom she named Tatiana. Considering her husband had left the village over two years prior, the identity of the father was unknown, though she had possibly been raped by a German soldier. The Chikatilo family was starving to such a point that Andrei had to subsist on grass and roots just to stay alive. Around the same time his brother Stepan disappeared and his fate, like the identity of his sister's father, is a mystery. Andrei's mother would tell him that Stepan was kidnapped by starving neighbours and cannibalised. Things went bad for Chikatilo's father as well - after being captured by Germans and sent to a concentration camp, where he developed tuberculosis, he was eventually freed by the Allies... only to be sentenced to a labour camp back at home as a suspected Nazi collaborator. Like many fellow soldiers, he managed to survive German camps but died in the Gulag.
In 1944, Andrei went to school, where he proved himself a poor pupil due to both his incredible shyness and short-sightedness. He was also mercilessly bullied by his classmates, both verbally and physically, but he was too timid to fight back. Years later, he would complain that all his life he had been "treated like a doormat." At the same time, Chikatilo developed an interest in politics and quickly became a veritable expert on Marxism-Leninism.
After graduating from school, he initially wanted to become a lawyer and applied to the Moscow State University but couldn't secure the position due to the highly competitive nature of the entrance exams. He pivoted to engineering but joined the military before finishing his studies. After his discharge, Chikatilo moved to the Rostov oblast in Russia, where he started working at a phone station and writing for local newspapers. He eventually married (more on that later) and decided to go back to studies, earning degrees in linguistics and teaching.
By 1970, he was teaching Russian language and literature at a boarding school in Novoshakhtinsk, which is when his sexual perversions first manifested. He would sit near female students, pretending to explain something, and grope them. In the evening he would wait until the girls started undressing before bedtime and barge into their room unexpectedly or, even worse, enter the room at night and molest the children, groping them and licking their genitals. Eventually he was forced to resign after groping a female student during a day out on the beach. Chikatilo took a second shot at teaching in 1978 (by then he and his family had relocated to the nearby Shakhty), but that stint was, too, cut short. Chikatilo, who was ridiculed by his students for occasionally touching his own genitals during classes, tried to grope a male pupil, which caused others to come to the boy’s rescue and beat Chikatilo up. He was fired from the school.
It’s worth noting that the very first time that Chikatilo experienced a sexual climax was not under normal circumstances either. One day when he was home alone, his sister’s female friend came to visit and the sight of the 13-year-old’s blue pantaloons excited Andrei so much that he wrestled the girl to the ground and got on top of her, which was enough to cause an ejaculation.
His later sexual life was an abject failure. Chikatilo was a tall, good-looking young man who received a lot of attention from local women, but his impotence precluded him from sexually performing (or even deriving any pleasure from intercourse) and sometimes became a source of mockery from his girlfriends. On more than one occasion, Chikatilo even attempted suicide because of the psychological and emotional frustration his impotence brought him.
However, he seemingly caught a lucky break when his sister introduced him to one of her friends called Feodosia. The two got married and while their sexual life was virtually non-existent (his wife later estimated that they had sex 25 times at best), Chikatilo barely managed to father two children, a girl and a boy. His sexual drive was strong, however, so in secret from Feodosia he bought a small wooden hut on the edge of Shakhty, which he used as a place for trysts with local prostitutes. Despite her husband’s impotence, Feodosia made peace with it because Andrei was a hard worker who didn’t drink or smoke, which was more than could be said about many other men.
Soon after he was fired from the Shakhty school in 1978, Chikatilo committed his first murder, luring 8-year-old Elena Zakotnova to the his secret hut, killing her, and throwing her body into the nearby river. I also talked about this crime in the first part. “We entered the hut and immediately I threw myself on top of her. She started screaming. I gagged her but couldn’t engage in intercourse. Her screams excited me. I then grabbed a knife. After I realised I had killed the girl, I got up, got dressed, took the corpse to [river] Grushevka and submerged it in water. Her school bag followed.”
If you read my first post on Chikatilo, you may remember that the police managed to create a composite sketch of the murderer and the school’s principal confidently pointed to his former employee Andrei Chikatilo as the man in question. Unfortunately, Feodosia lied about her husband being at home at the time of the murder, thus giving him an alibi.
It was three years until Chikatilo claimed his second victim, a teenage prostitute, as he was afraid of getting caught. After Chikatilo solicited the girl’s services he tried to have sex with her, but his impotence got the better of him yet again. The girl apparently started mocking him, saying that his “apparatus” wasn’t working. That both embarrassed and infuriated Chikatilo, who proceeded to kill her. “I was achieving mental relief by hacking away without even looking,”
he would later tell the detectives. Before the Rostov Ripper confessed to killing Zakotnova, that girl was considered his first victim.
One thing that in my opinion bears significance in the case of Chikatilo is that he never resorted to kidnapping his victims or threatening them with a knife. Every single woman and child who followed the killer to their demise did so of their own volition. The Rostov Ripper was extremely cunning and could always find a way to convince his victims to go with him willingly. He also managed to appear entirely harmless, presenting himself as a mild-mannered, soft-spoken older gentleman. He reportedly couldn’t even kill a chicken as it made him queasy.
However, once bloodlust overtook him, he would transform into a sadistic fiend, stabbing away at his victims, mutilating them, and even cannibalising some of their body parts. The sight of blood brought Chikatilo such excitement that his head would start spinning, blood pressure would go up, and he would lose all impulse control. The next half hour or so would be spent in a dazed, disoriented state, with him stabbing trees with a knife, walking in circles, or almost getting hit by passing cars. Confusion would soon turn into blissful relief, and Chikatilo admitted to sleeping like a baby after committing murders as if he was resting from unloading a freight car. It typically took two or three months before the “high” wore off and Chikatilo went out hunting again.
I should also note that Chikatilo, like fellow Soviet serial killers Alexander Berlizov and Gennady Mikhasevich, was part of a volunteer unit assisting the police in searching for the murderer and even had a document confirming it. That made it easier for him to avoid law enforcement as he had access to information that regular people didn’t.
In late 1984, by which point Chikatilo had murdered 32 people, he was arrested and the police found a very peculiar collection of things in his suitcase (the circumstances surrounding the arrest can also be found in the previous post). After only spending three months in jail for theft, Chikatilo and his family relocated to Novocherkassk. His job in logistics enabled him to travel around the Soviet Union, and as a result, several murders were committed hundreds of miles away from Rostov or Novocherkassk.
After his release from jail, Chikatilo killed two women (one of them all the way in Moscow suburbs) in 1985 and then decided to lay low for almost two years. When the Ripper resumed killing in May 1987, his victim preferences had changed somewhat, with him now targeting boys more often. One teenager had the misfortune of having a quick smoke in the hedgerow when he ran into the killer. Another was lured to Chikatilo's imaginary dacha
under the pretence of forging a sick leave. Yet another kid agreed to the offer of celebrating his successful entrance exams. Like I said before, Chikatilo never had to coerce or threaten his victims into accompanying him. Because no new murders took place in the Rostov region between 1985 and 1988, some in the police even began thinking that the murderer had been arrested for unrelated charges or even committed suicide. In reality, he was simply killing away from Rostov.
Between May 1987 and November 1990, the killer claimed 19 more lives. Let us now return to the ending of my previous post and look at how Chikatilo was eventually apprehended. As you may remember, the Ripper’s last victim was a homeless woman named Svetlana Korostik whom he killed in the forest next to a way station on 6 November 1990. The woman put up a struggle, resulting in scratches to Chikatilo’s face, as well as leaves and small branches getting stuck on his suit. Upon exiting the forest, he was approached by sergeant Igor Rybakov, who took note of his dishevelled look and large duffel bag that seemed out of place in the woodland area (unbeknownst to the officer, the bag contained Svetlana Korostik’s severed breasts). While the sergeant had no valid reason to arrest the strange man, he jotted down his details in a report and sent it to the higher-ups. Eventually it reached the lead investigator on the case Issa Kostoyev, who instantly remembered that the name Chikatilo had already crossed his desk.
He quickly ordered to set up surveillance of Chikatilo, who remained none the wiser and continued approaching women and children in search for a new victim. Ten days later, on 20 November Chikatilo took leave from work to visit a doctor – his penultimate victim, a 16-year-old boy, had fought the killer hard and bitten his finger, which later got swollen. Chikatilo’s wife was still at work when he came home, so he grabbed a bite to eat and went out to buy some beer, carrying with him an empty three-litre can. It was a cool, cloudy autumn day. At the time, beer was quite difficult to get a hold of in Russia, so Chikatilo had a fairly long walk ahead of him.
All this time he was being followed by a surveillance team. After buying only 300 millilitres of beer (which struck the officers trailing him as odd considering he was carrying a three-litre can), he briefly went into a café. As he walked out and passed the cops, one of them asked, “What is your surname, citizen?” “Chikatilo,” he replied. “Citizen Chikatilo, you are under arrest.” He exhibited no reaction towards being arrested but, as the officers were taking him to the police car, he muttered, “here’s another proof you shouldn’t feud with the higher-ups.” To be continued
My previous write-ups (feel free to give them a read as well): Anatoly Slivko (part one) Anatoly Slivko (part two) Vladimir Ionesian Alexander Berlizov Gennady Mikhasevich Vladimir Vinnichevsky
submitted by ByrgerTidesson
to serialkillers [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 16:43 shadow1515 What, if any, recourse is there for someone who gets a car totaled and it can't really be fixed by normal insurance methods?
I may have worded it badly, so here's an example scenario:
Person buys car that costs $50k. They put down $15k, and have a trade-in worth $15k, so they finance $20k (I know, fees, taxes, etc. but pretend it's all included). Then like 9000 miles later, the car gets rear-ended and totaled.
Due to regular depreciation, the insurance decides the car is worth $39k and pays out that amount. So now the insured has about $20k in their pocket (assuming they paid off some of the car loan already) to replace their vehicle. Because the used car market is still fucked, even a used version of what they just had is around $48k.
Therefore, to replace the car they lost, they need to come an additional ~$10k out of pocket, even after the insurance reimbursement. If there was no accident, then they would not have this expense, so it seems like logically the insurance should cover this, but from my understanding it would not.
What does the person do here? They're just out $10k (or a comparable vehicle) due to sheer bad luck, or is there some remedy?
submitted by shadow1515
to legaladviceofftopic [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 16:43 austinmodssuck Only carrying $3000 of Dwelling Coverage A: Is this normal?
I purchased a condo in Summer 2020, which is the first and only property I've owned. My real estate agent (or maybe mortgage broker, I don't remember) recommended several insurance options, and I went with the one that was by far the cheapest (through Goosehead Insurance), which I've kept ever since.
I've generally been unhappy with their customer service, so when I recently got a new car, I used my credit union's insurance services to get quotes for car insurance, and went ahead and also got quotes for condo insurance to see if I could get a better price.
I was surprised that the rate they quoted was about 3 times as high as the rate I'm currently paying, so I carefully compared the coverage, and found that I only have $3000 per claim of Dwelling Coverage A. While my HOA covers the building itself, there's no way I could replace the flooring, drywall, plumbing, and other interior fixtures for anywhere near $3000.
It's on me for not closely comparing the quotes when I initially bought the condo, and I guess in retrospect the huge difference in price between the one I bought and the other options should have been a red flag. But I'm kind of shocked that they would even offer such insufficient coverage, and I'm very relieved I haven't needed to use it so far. Is this kind of thing normal, or did they screw up something when I first signed up?
submitted by austinmodssuck
to Insurance [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 16:39 Serious_Resolve_8188 I'm 18 and not sure what to do
I'm 18 and currently have $5k cash savings. I'm not sure if I should keep that as cash or invest it, I don't even know how to invest. Currently I work at a job for $15/hr, and it offers a 401k that I put 10% pretax into, which has been effective for 2 weeks. My current expensives are just gas and anything I do with my friends/girlfriend. My parents cover car insurance, which I'm grateful for. I'm going to college in July, and I have my tuition covered by my state, while my parents have enough in my college fund for housing. I planned on paying for my own food, hopefully the company will transfer me to a location near the college. Now, I just want to be able to be financially secure and independent in the future. I don't know if I'm saving enough, I put ~40% of my paycheck in my savings account. Should I start investing? Any advice is appreciated.
submitted by Serious_Resolve_8188
to FinancialPlanning [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 16:37 slayerabc Considering purchasing-Is this a mistake given our age?
Hey guys so soon to be fiancé and I are considering purchasing a home in an area where we believe will continue to appreciate and is a HCOL area but low prop tax (.3%, yes less than 1%) Hawaii and we can file where income tax would be less than average. We have a HHI of roughly $170k-220k depending on commissions/bonus's that fluctuate yearly, no kids yet (plan on 1-2 within next 5 years). All in all we're considering a home in the $600k-800k range in an area we believe we'd stay in for a minimum 10 years if not forever (based on several visits/extended stays there).
24 y/o both of us, remote work in a very stable profession not coding/tech.
401k/Roth IRA: 55k
Home equity residence 1 rental: $140k with $277k left and renting currently covers 100% cost
Cars: 15k left on 1 vehicle other paid off
Solar Loan: $60k that tenants are paying off
No student debt/credit card debt/other debt
Given the numbers above, we're considering either not touching current brokerage/cash and buying in 4-5 years or we could cash out the brokerage (NOT RETIREMENT ACC's) that is currently unrealized loss of $9k and purchase that home within the next 1-2 years. Would not plan on touching the equity in home #1 because we want to keep as a cash flowing rental that will appreciate given the area (growing city in TX). Currently living rent free with family (culturally this is normal for our families). So based on these numbers do you guys think it'd be a mistake to sell that brokerage and get into an area we believe will appreciate/stay or because our time horizon is still very far out we should just hold and wait?
submitted by slayerabc
to RealEstate [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 16:35 slayerabc Considering purchasing a home-Will it derail FIRE?
Hey guys so soon to be fiancé and I are considering purchasing a home in an area where we believe will continue to appreciate and is a HCOL area but low prop tax (.3%, yes less than 1%) and we can file where income tax would be less than average. We have a HHI of roughly $170k-220k depending on commissions/bonus's that fluctuate yearly, no kids yet (plan on 1-2 within next 5 years). All in all we're considering a home in the $600k-800k range in an area we believe we'd stay in for a minimum 10 years if not forever (based on several visits/extended stays there).
24 y/o both of us, remote work in a very stable profession not coding/tech.
401k/Roth IRA: 55k
Home equity residence 1 rental: $140k with $277k left and renting currently covers 100% cost
Cars: 15k left on 1 vehicle other paid off
Solar Loan: $60k that tenants are paying off
No student debt/credit card debt/other debt
Given the numbers above, we're considering either not touching current brokerage/cash and buying in 4-5 years or we could cash out the brokerage (NOT RETIREMENT ACC's) that is currently unrealized loss of $9k and purchase that home within the next 1-2 years. Would not plan on touching the equity in home #1 because we want to keep as a cash flowing rental that will appreciate given the area. Currently living rent free with family (culturally this is normal for our families). So based on these numbers do you guys think it'd be a mistake to sell that brokerage and get into an area we believe will appreciate/stay or because our time horizon is still very far out we should just hold and wait?
submitted by slayerabc
to financialindependence [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 16:31 f1newsbot Mercedes W14: Failure of the ‘zeropod’ concept is confirmed
With Red Bull comfortably leading the championship, the fight for second in the Constructors’ is becoming one of the more contested battles in F1. The Mercedes W14 has struggled at the start of 2023, proving incapable of competing with the Red Bull RB19s.
These issues are largely unsurprising (we reported many of these concerns after the W14 launch), with Andrew Shovlin – director of trackside engineering – admitting that the team saw the weaknesses of the Mercedes W14 in the wind tunnel.
These were identified even before Mercedes arrived for pre-season testing. However, the former F1 Champions left Jeddah relatively pleased with the W14’s performance – in large part because they had the pace to finish ahead of both Ferrari’s.
George Russell qualified over six-tenths behind pole-sitter Sergio Perez in Jeddah, while Lewis Hamilton was a further four-tenths behind.
Red Bull continued to dominate in the race, one second per lap faster than the rest of the field:
“If I look at the last race, I think the result was decent given the pace disadvantage we had in qualifying,” 7-time Champion Hamilton explained in Saudi Arabia.
“Obviously, George has done a fantastic job all weekend, putting the car exactly where it was supposed to be. I, on the other hand, struggled more with balance,”
Following up on his initial set-up concerns in Jeddah, Hamilton elaborated on this issue in qualifying:
“We made a wrong decision between Friday evening and Saturday regarding the mechanical set-up of the car. It’s a change you have to make at that time of the weekend, and after that, you don’t have time to go back .”
“My engineers and I worked hard on Friday night, and we thought our direction, even compared to that taken by George, was the best one”. It seems that a sacrifice was made to favour rear stability under braking at the expense of front-end grip.
“The thing I was missing in the race was a lot of front end,” concluded Hamilton.
The poor handling characteristics that Hamilton mentioned in Jeddah were mainly set-up related. Generally speaking, the W14 seems an easier car to drive compared to last year’s iteration.
This is partly because the Silver Arrows have eliminated the porpoising that made last season’s car so problematic. With that said, there are other weaknesses that remain:
“Last year, the car was very strong on the front axle and weak on the rear. This year, we have improved the rear a bit, but not as much as we hoped,” Hamilton has outlined.
This has proved a significant problem, which has prevented Lewis Hamilton from extracting the maximum potential from the W14, as well as from the W13.
Another area to consider is the very forward position of the cockpit, ie where the driver sits in the car. The technical regulation allows the cockpit to be moved forwards or backwards by 10 cm, which seems minimal but can have a very significant impact.
The unique ‘zeropod’ concept at Mercedes comes with very aggressive technical choices. These include a hollowed-out frame to store the car’s radiators and a very advanced cockpit position – designed to strengthen the structure exposed to side impact.
Lewis Hamilton has now explicitly requested for Mercedes to bring his seat back to a more ‘conventional’ position:
“I listened to the team and trusted because that was the direction they told me they wanted to go. But now we clearly know that it needs to be changed in our future projects,” Hamilton explained.
Since it is a feature that comes from the chassis, this feature cannot be fully eliminated this season – due to the restraints of the budget cap.
“Last year, I reported the problems with the car to the engineers. I’ve driven many cars in my career, so I know what a car needs,” Hamilton said after Bahrain.
The seven-time World Champion, amongst other team members like Toto Wolff, was just waiting for on-track confirmation of the potential at Mercedes.
Over the winter, Mercedes gave a last chance to those who believed strongly in the ‘zeropod’ concept, including technical director Mike Elliott, partly thanks to Russell’s victory in Brazil. Unfortunately, the start of 2023 has made clear that a change is needed.
However, the recent poor performance on track has been important to bury any hopes at Mercedes of reviving this concept – including Hamilton himself.
It is no coincidence that after the Bahrain GP, there was a meeting where technical director Mike Elliott was given something of an ultimatum to revive the ongoing project.
Focusing on more technical areas, the Mercedes W14 is badly affected by the aerodynamic centre of the car moving too far forward.
This problem is especially pronounced under braking, partly because of the forward position of the cockpit.
Another contributing factor is that the mechanics of the W14 are much more conservative than Red Bull’s front anti-dive and rear anti-squat. These features have been crucial in the RB19 generating so much stability under braking.
The further forward a driver is seated, the more reactive and sensitive the front end of the car will feel. Another consequence of this is significantly reduced sensitivity at the rear.
In the braking zone, the driver will feel as though they are losing grip – even if this is not necessarily the case.
The W14 is front-limited, struggling under braking and cornering, something Mercedes is trying to address whilst improving read-end grip.
In short, the first two rounds have confirmed that the Mercedes ‘zeropod’ concept is a dead-end.
Author: Piergiuseppe Donadoni
Translation: Jaden Diaz-Ndisang
submitted by f1newsbot
to NonFatF1News [link] [comments]